• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

Unless they can get the Playstation 4K/Neo out before the end of the year, there's no point in announcing it at E3. Otherwise all you're doing by announcing a 2017 product is potentially poisoning hardware sales for Christmas 2016.

I think they will probably want to have Playstation VR front and center for E3. Trying to push two new platforms at once would be pretty overwhelming.....especially when you consider that they would asking players to spend $900 in total just to stay current and up-to-date. Get VR rolled out, then worry about the 4K/Neo...

Midas

Unless they can get the Playstation 4K/Neo out before the end of the year, there's no point in announcing it at E3. Otherwise all you're doing by announcing a 2017 product is potentially poisoning hardware sales for Christmas 2016.

I think they will probably want to have Playstation VR front and center for E3. Trying to push two new platforms at once would be pretty overwhelming.....especially when you consider that they would asking players to spend $900 in total just to stay current and up-to-date.

My gut feeling is that they won't show it at E3, even if they release it this year. Just feels like it's too soon. Gamescom / TGS seems more likely.

Mokubba

PS4K is far more than just a slimmed down console.

I know, but the moment they announce it, people will start waiting. There's always a spike in sales for new colours and hardware revisions and a dip in sales the week because people are waiting. Why announce it in June and have people wait until October.

It's an open secret, everybody's talking about it. So it's gonna be weird if they don't adress it at E3, even if they originally didn't plan to.

This is true and it won't surprise me if they do change their plans and announce it at E3 but I just think business wise, it makes more sense to do it nearer the time. They've also got PS VR to push so E3 can occupy that space.

We'll see, I could be wrong.

icespide

Banned
I was under the impression that Sony only prohibits exclusive features and games for NEO.

Night and day differences will only ever manifest in 1st-Party games, since those push hardware way more than multiplats.

just seems like they don't want to alienate PS4 owners while giving folks that want it slightly better IQ.

I just can't see Sony announcing something like God of War 4, showing it and saying "look at how awesome it is on PS4Neo" and then leave the regular PS4 version as a big question mark or leaving everyone to assume that the PS4 version looks like shit.

I also can't see them showing both version on a stage and pain-stakingly demonstrating the differences

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Excellent news. I think the schedule is pretty much set now.

65006HA.jpg

E3!

The best time of the year! Also it's been on my birthday or very close to it the past few years. ; )

HYPE
Y
P
E

KAL2006

Banned
Here is my realistic prediction

Main Sony dude on stage. Talk about sales and how awesome PS4 is.

Goes straight into a megaton announcement
God of War 4

And it's a CG trailer with a quick gameplay trailer at the end
Gameplay looks really different. Moore weapons and more open areas. Kratos is back but in nkrse mythology.

Now we see EA come on stage
Blah blah blah Star Wars DLC
Sports sports sports
Titanfall 2 Reveal not exlcusive

Capcom take the stage
Ono trolls, apologises for shit SFV launch, shows Story Mode off and says more content is coming please buy our game
Also character reveal trailer for July who is Juri
Deep Down returns, now not a F2P game but a actual retail game, exclusive to PS4
Megaton Resident Evil 6 CG Teaser

Activision takes the stage
Call of Duty Space Time, moneyhat DLC zzzzzzz

Indies
Lots of Indies, some new cool IPs shown as some old Indies shown

Square Enix on stage
Final Fantasy XV Trailer
Final Fantasy 7 mention with concept art with please be excited

Rockstar enters the stage
RED DEAD REVOLUTION!!!!!!!

Sony dude back on stage
The Last Guardian gameplay with a release date
Horizon trailer with release date
The crazy megaton we have all been waiting for
CRASH BANDICOOT..............PS1 Classic

That's right PS1 Classics coming to PS4 with trophies
Then real megaton Crash 4 teaser in the works

PSVR talk
Gran Turismo Sport Beta date (VR support)
Nee Bend IP (VR support)
Trailer of some other VR games

troy-X

Neo Member
> Ni No Kuni ported to PS4
> Crash 1/2/3/Team Racing Remastered
> A release date for WilD
> TLOU 2

And that'll be all, thanks Sony.

Have they ever revealed major hardware at Gamescom before though? E3 is typically the place for that. Only reason I don't foresee it being at E3 is if they are going to have its own stand alone conference like the PS4 reveal was. The Neo is a major major deal and its going to need an awful lot of explanation to the general public what it is.

If the Neo itself isn't there, I do fully expect to see Neo versions of games. God of War 4 will be shown in the best possible light it can, and given they are an internal studio they likely had access to Neo dev kits before any of this became public

I think they don't want to hurt the PS4's sales by announcing a console that would be months away. Plus they're going to be pushing PSVR this Fall. I feel like it'd be a little too much to have both this Fall, but I don't know.

I think they will probably want to have Playstation VR front and center for E3. Trying to push two new platforms at once would be pretty overwhelming.....especially when you consider that they would asking players to spend $900 in total just to stay current and up-to-date. Get VR rolled out, then worry about the 4K/Neo...

Pretty much what I'm thinking.

orochi91

is square enix having a conference again this year? They have yet to set a date and time

I've heard no rumours about it so far. Sadly.

They'll likely piggyback on Sony's conference for any megaton announcement.

just seems like they don't want to alienate PS4 owners while giving folks that want it slightly better IQ.

I just can't see Sony announcing something like God of War 4, showing it and saying "look at how awesome it is on PS4Neo" and then leave the regular PS4 version as a big question mark or leaving everyone to assume that the PS4 version looks like shit.

I also can't see them showing both version on a stage and pain-stakingly demonstrating the differences

This is a great point, and the natural answer to this will be that Sony will absolutely show the best version of games releasing on PS4/PS4K.

Shinier graphics will always be a boon for marketing, but I suppose it will all come down to how big the backlash will be once this updated console is officially announced.

Really hope they address the Neo situation. I want a premium FFXV experience and I'd be willing to wait for it if I knew when I could expect it.

Ragona

Iam really looking forward to the conferences as Iam pretty sure they realised how giving the crowd what they want gives them alot of goodwill!
On the other hand we should try to contain our expectations just a little so we dont end up all excited.

I guess we will see:
Last Guardian
Horizon
Bends Game or God of War 4
Destiny 2/ addon whatever itll be
New Call of Duty
1,2 suprises (crash anyone?)
10-15 mins VR tops, I still think its tough to demonstrate on stage.
Indie showcase
Random Tim Schafer Game ( Full Throttle I guess)

Im with most of you guys that PS4k was prolly not intended to be shown at E3, but with the crazy amount of leaks who knows.

You don't put an over 4TF GPU into a console for slightly better IQ. That would be an absolute waste on current 1080p PS4 games.

There will be significant and substantial differences in assets on 1st party games. Likely not as much on 3rd party. And they won't pain-stakingly show the differences between the 2 versions. They will only demo Neo versions of games on stage.

Zukkoyaki

Bend's new IP is what I'm most excited to see this year, much like Guerrilla's new highly anticipated IP debut last year. I feel in my gut that it's going to have a jaw-dropping premiere much like Horizon did.

Not expecting much from them. Last couple of conferences started strong but got really really boring and uninteresting after that.

And with Neo most likely not there, a big point gone for me.

I think they don't want to hurt the PS4's sales by announcing a console that would be months away. Plus they're going to be pushing PSVR this Fall. I feel like it'd be a little too much to have both this Fall, but I don't know.

Pretty much what I'm thinking.

I don't think psvr is getting as much of a focus as everyone believes. Sony has stated many times that they are being modest with projections even with the nice pre-order numbers. There will be some overlap between hose interested in PS4K and PSVR, but I don't agree with the idea that launching both would be too hard.

icespide

Banned
You don't put an over 4TF GPU into a console for slightly better IQ. That would be an absolute waste on current 1080p PS4 games.

There will be significant ans substantial differences in assets on 1st party games. Likely not as much on 3rd party. And they won't pain-stakingly show the differences between the 2 versions. They will only demo Neo versions of games on stage.

I'm not convinced that the more powerful GPU isn't intended for anything more than much higher resolutions for 4K TVs while maintaining performance of their 1080p version + some more effects.

we'll have to wait and see though

Kudo

Would love to see FromSofts new exclusive too but I'm doubtful, they have Dark Souls 3 DLC coming up and they will probably just show trailers of that, and not at Sonys conference, if I remember correctly Dark Souls 3 reveal happened during Microsofts conference last year?

J-Skee

My expectation
TLG gameplay + release date
Horizon gameplay + delayed date
Sony Bend Project announce
Sucker Punch Project announce
GOW 4 from Santa Monica announce
Wild gameplay + release date
Crash Homecoming :)
No PS4K
No Detroit from Quantic Dream
No FFVIIremake
No Shenmue 3

Nice title. I really hope Sony has a talented team for Crash. Unless Naughty Dog is splitting into a two team studio again, I just don't see them doing it.

Shin-Ra

Not expecting much from from them. Last couple of conferences started strong but got really really boring and uninteresting after that.

And with Neo most likely not there, a big point gone for me.
Yeah, I think it's a bit early for FROM's next game!

I wonder if thatgamecompany's ready to reveal their next game.

Piggus

Aww man 3 AM again -.- why can't they have a little bit of consideration for their EU audience and go a bit earlier :(

It's an American event, and earlier times would conflict with the other conferences. Sony seems to always benefit from having the last word anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom