• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gartooth

Yeah they also fulfilled some dreams last year with Crash and Spider-Man. I wonder if they have any megatons up their sleeve this year aside from a SotC remake.

Loudninja

Let me remind you

Layden says the Japanese publishers are also coming back, listing off recent games like Resident Evil 7, Nioh, Nier: Automata, Persona 5 and Final Fantasy XV as examples. "That's super important for us," he says. "I think a lot of Japanese developers lost their way chasing the mobile games yen, if you will, but they're coming back to console in a major way. And speaking of, we'll have some big announcements at E3 in that precise vein."
http://time.com/4804768/playstation-4-ps4-pro-psvr-sales/

”When a new console or a new platform launches, there's a lot of activity driving launch day," he says. ”And then there's the inevitable lull between that and the next launch of titles. I think we're seeing that happening now. Farpoint is the lead of that, and we'll be talking about a number of other titles at E3
https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/5/15719382/playstation-vr-sony-sales-one-million

I'm hearing remake

Wait!! WTF is all this talk about a Shadow of Colossus!!!??

Hold the fuck up. New Shadow of The Colossus or remake?!?

All I heard word for word was "Shadow of the colossus remake. Everything else I know we've already seen" when I asked about Sony's e3.

tenor.gif

RedHill any word on DMC5?

Mikey Jr.

I'd love to play sotc without absolute garbage controls.

Got about to the bird colossus and that was officially enough for me. I hate everything about how that game controls. Not one redeeming quality in that regard. The horse was worse. I hated that fucking horse.

I quit and made peace with the fact I would never play that game again.

But maybe a remake would do something for me.

RK128

Yeah they also fulfilled some dreams last year with Crash and Spider-Man. I wonder if they have any megatons up their sleeve this year aside from a SotC remake.

Crash Team Racing and Spyro come to mind as other 'WTF' announcements to be honest. The former could very easily happen, but we will see once N. Sane Trilogy comes out. I'm positive Vicarious Visions would be overjoyed to work on that (heck, throw Sumo Digital on the project and make it a blend of new and classic tracks).

Spyro...that COULD happen. I mean, the character is in kids minds thanks to Skylanders (both the game and cartoon) and the series (Skylanders) isn't dead; just on pause. So...I picture Activision getting something for the purple dragon happening after N. Sane releases. And unlike Crash, Acti benefits from it's original developer (Insomniac Games) not being chained to Sony. Granted, they are busy with Spider-Man but a Insomniac Skeleton Team and the full team at Sanzaru Games could put together a really great new Spyro title or a 'greatest hits' remake of the trilogy.

Unlike Crash, I see a Spyro remake trilogy being harder to get done, considering how large the worlds are.

Gartooth

Crash Team Racing and Spyro come to mind as other 'WTF' announcements to be honest. The former could very easily happen, but we will see once N. Sane Trilogy comes out. I'm positive Vicarious Visions would be overjoyed to work on that (heck, throw Sumo Digital on the project and make it a blend of new and classic tracks).

Spyro...that COULD happen. I mean, the character is in kids minds thanks to Skylanders (both the game and cartoon) and the series (Skylanders) isn't dead; just on pause. So...I picture Activision getting something for the purple dragon happening after N. Sane releases. And unlike Crash, Acti benefits from it's original developer (Insomniac Games) not being chained to Sony. Granted, they are busy with Spider-Man but a Insomniac Skeleton Team and the full team at Sanzaru Games could put together a really great new Spyro title or a 'greatest hits' remake of the trilogy.

Unlike Crash, I see a Spyro remake trilogy being harder to get done, considering how large the worlds are.

OK, I want all of that! :)

Crossing my fingers they squeeze some games out of Square Enix and Capcom. (Dragon Quest, DMC5, Mega Man)

RK128

Full disclosure I did not know this was a bomb

Well...despite taking ages to make their games, Team Ico makes beautifully artistic titles that are groundbreaking despite issues (heavy controls and unstable frame rates being recurring ones). I highly respect SotC despite having a lot of issues with the controls (and keep in mind, I played the PS3 Remaster).

A remake with a re-built control set up and cut bosses coming back? ......I....I don't know man. But I could see tears being dropped once THIS track plays.

sense

The game is a critical darling/masterpiece to many but isn't some huge seller that needs to be remade. I don't see the point to be honest. Not to be downer but I am just trying to look at it from a business standpoint as to why Sony might even want to do it.

GHG

Gold Member
I'm down for a collussus remake. As long as it's not a port and an actual remake.

I already own the game twice, once on the PS2 and once on the PS3.

RK128

The game is a critical darling/masterpiece to many but isn't some huge seller that needs to be remade. I don't see the point to be honest. Not to be downer but I am just trying to look at it from a business standpoint as to why Sony might even want to do it.

I could see new controls and some re-working in the design (maybe dungeons ala Zelda or puzzle rooms like Ico) could attract new gamers to the game.

It could do well, as Last Guardian reportedly sold well enough for Sony (and that game was in development for decades).

Gartooth

Even in the era of hype Sony conferences I refuse to believe we will ever see a new Chrono game. That would be some dark magic they're doing if that happens. hahahaha

Mikey Jr.

Dayum!!!! Anyone have the original post he posted? It's removed.

From the comments, looked like a bunch of shit that was already leaked. Project beast, we knew about that.
Crash wasn't there.
Dead don't ride didn't know what studio it was.

He didn't seem to say anything new.

RK128

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom