• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony FY2015 Q2: PS4 shipment 4 million, cumulative sell in at 29.3 million

Yeah, but remember than PS2 came to west more than 7 months after japanese launch.

Ahhh yes. Totally forgot it launched later in the west. Launch aligned maybe the two would be about the same I'd think.

For now, but it will fall behind the PS2. However, I expect PS4 to surpass the Wii over time and become the second best selling console.

Considering the XB1 won't be able to stay close I can see why MS isn't giving out hardware numbers. PS4 is going to end up way ahead worldwide. At this point MS just needs to figure out how to sell their next system outside of the USA and UK. The PS4 and XB1 are close in both these territories so it tells the strength Sony is showing worldwide.

Yeah I also expect it to slide behind PS2. It can't surely maintain this momentum and the PS2 was such a fine legacy console in it's later years.

I think the PS brand is so synonymous with video gaming outside of US and UK it would take a lot of effort on MS parts to regain or increase the mind share it had globally with the 360. Or a colossal Sony screw up again next gen haha.

Sony increased their annual shipment target for PS4 : that's 17,5 million now instead of 16,5 million. That mean they have to ship 10,5 more million between october and april.

The Game & Network Service Division also has a new annual target for operating income with 80 billion yen instead of 60 billon yen.

For the year, that would put the video game above music, pictures, mobile, cameras and TV.

Elios83

Great results, didn't expect 4m PS4s.It should be at 36m+ by the end of this year.
They also upped the full year profit forecast of the gaming division from 60 to 80 billion yen of operating profit.
PS4 got its second upward revision.
From 16m to 16.5m to now 17.5m for the fiscal year from April 2015 to March 2016.

AniHawk

Vita is so dead in America that we have an impression that is a bigger bomba than Wii U, but shipments for both are likely very close.

vita did well enough in japan. for a while it looked like it could hit 5 million, but i don't think that is the case anymore. as it stands, it outsold the gamecube there, which was enough for it to have a solid userbase, especially combined with the psp, ps3, and later, ps4. it was more or less dead in the us after 2013, but it still managed to outdo the sega saturn. in the end the vita should be the second-best selling non-nintendo handheld ever, after the psp (game gear was 10-11 million).

NateDrake

PS4 sales in EU and other regions must be insane. We know US and Japan sales, but EU, AUS, and other regions are the real strength for Sony.

What ?
They will do easy as hell .
through?

EDIT: nvm. they probably will be well over 30 million come my quarter century birthday

which will be in january
The PS1 is the second best selling home console of all time.
I think that's what he was saying.
Pretty good chance of that I'd imagine.

They sold 4.1 million last holiday season.
damnnnnn, I didn't know it was that much. and by holiday season I'm guessing you mean halloween/thanksgiving/christmas/basically Q4?

miserable

giphyj3s3h.gif

AniHawk

Crazy people be loco for the PS4, the big AAA games are coming so it will be even more loco

i feel like a 20 million shipment should be a lock for the year ending march 2017. i'm not expecting everything to land in 2016, but enough big stuff should happen in that time.

Good thing MS isn't reporting numbers anymore or everyone would know the PS4 outshipped the Xbox One by something like 4:1 last quarter.

Good thing MS isn't reporting numbers anymore or everyone would know the PS4 outshipped the Xbox One by something like 4:1 last quarter.

The more gloomy estimates were around 1 million shipped, right? I think last quarter it wasn't much above that.

It's nuts that PS4 could be outshipping 4 to 1 with how close the US is. Mainland Europe and Asia must be going in HARD on PS4.

allan-bh

The more gloomy estimates were around 1 million shipped, right? I think last quarter it wasn't much above that.

It's nuts that PS4 could be outshipping 4 to 1 with how close the US is. Mainland Europe and Asia must be going in HARD on PS4.

I don't think is that low. They shipped 2.4m combined in the same quarter of last year.

NateDrake

I'm interested in Sony software performance on PS4. We get some figures when a game hits a million or launches strong, but I'm curious what their top-selling PS4 title is at this point.

Yes. Like Street Fighter 5 and bloodborne..
Sony published and owns the Bloodborne IP.

These sales are pretty incredible, more amazing then ps2 sales, when you factor in ps2 had a year head start against the competition, and the competition was joke compared to the Xbox one which gets every big third-party and has a strong brand in the US/Uk.

Top Bottom