• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony on Japanese console games: "Well have some big announcements at E3"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what of these will be announced by Sony (I think all Square, but yeah!)

USA release date for DQXI.
FFVII/KH3 won't have much to say about
Dissidia: Final Fantasy to console
Avengers Marvel project with Square. New trailer, name reveal and a hint at others that will be released later on.

For E3 attendees, FF14 Stormblood section for the players. Naoki Yoshida will be there and players can do some dungeon challenges for a free shirt.
They already said they weren't talking about marvel until next yr

Dahbomb

tumblr_ngjp8yMb8Y1so9bu9o1_500.gif
The theme song instantly started to play in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzK13RFb64o

I hope its not DMC5 get that waste of space out of here

I feel like I am the only one on here that is sick of DMC

9rizya.gif

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Not sure what of these will be announced by Sony (I think all Square, but yeah!)

USA release date for DQXI.
FFVII/KH3 won't have much to say about
Dissidia: Final Fantasy to console
Avengers Marvel project with Square. New trailer, name reveal and a hint at others that will be released later on.

For E3 attendees, FF14 Stormblood section for the players. Naoki Yoshida will be there and players can do some dungeon challenges for a free shirt.

Dissidia? :O

Edited: Wait a minute did they said they wouldn't discuss about marvel until next year?

From Software and SEGA are my thoughts, the former with Armored Core and possibly new IP showing, the latter with Shenmue HD Collection, Yakuza 6 and SMTV showings. Square Japan showing off something really unexpected but cool like a new Ivalice or Front Mission game excites me though.

DMC5 is pretty much expected at this point, RE2 Remake showing by Capcom would be very unexpected but very welcome.

Thorrgal

Things I want:

✓Final Fantasy 7 Remake info blowout
✓Ivalice Alliance JRPG for PS4
✓Suikoden 6 (despite relative unfamiliarity)
✓Skies of Arcadia JRPG for PS4
✓Xenogears: The Perfect Works Remaster
✓Shadow Hearts JRPG for PS4
✓Chrono Break
✓Onimusha
✓Mega Man project for HD gaming space

Things I'll get:
✓Resident Evil
✓Soulsborne
✓Monster Hunter
✓Devil May Cry 5 (hey, this one would at least make me happy for the fans who have waited, like, a decade)

No offense intended to fans of the stuff, of course! I just... have very specific gaming dietary needs. <_<

Where can I sign?? :p

Is there a new reason everyone seems to think the Monster Hunter on PS4 rumor is true or are we going off the same info as before?

Things I want:
&#10003;Ivalice Alliance JRPG for PS4

Come to think of it, considering that on top of the FFXII remaster there's also an Ivalice crossover raid in the upcoming FFXIV expansion I'd be shocked if they weren't planning on releasing a new full game in that universe within the next year or two. May not be an E3 announcement, but it'll probably happen.

Akiller

DMC5 is pretty much expected at this point, RE2 Remake showing by Capcom would be very unexpected but very welcome.

It's actually the opposite for me.
Sony conference is the right place to reveal REmake 2 , the original was one the most important PS games (yeah, it got ported a lot but still) and this conference can give it the hype and nostalgia introduction it needs.

Faynwulf

I just want a new Ape Escape game. Please?

edit: If that's not possible, then I'd take an Ape Escape Collection.

jiggle

Finally sceja aaa jrpg

Come to think of it, considering that on top of the FFXII remaster there's also an Ivalice crossover raid in the upcoming FFXIV expansion I'd be shocked if they weren't planning on releasing a new full game in that universe within the next year or two. May not be an E3 announcement, but it'll probably happen.
Tactics 2 I hope

CheckMate

Bloodborne 2, Kingdom Hearts 3, Marvel vs Capcom and Monster Hunter 5/Deep Down seem like the safest bed. Anything else and I would be shocked.

I think the even bigger news from that article is Shawn confirming that this E3 will be the same style as last years:

As for the experience awaiting PlayStation buffs when the curtain lifts on Sony's E3 media event, live streaming from the Shrine Auditorium & Expo Hall (online as well as in select theaters) next Monday, June 12, Layden says to think of it less as a press conference than a software showcase.
"The crowd will only have to suffer I think in aggregate 90 seconds of me," he jokes. "And in the middle will be all the games."

This formula was bold and extremely successful for them at both E3 2016 and PSX 2016 (though that did have a few additional people come out and talk but it predominately a new game showcase).

Sony's E3 conference last year was such a triumphant moment for console gaming I don't think they can top it but at least they will continue that format.

It's actually the opposite for me.
Sony conference is the right place to reveal REmake 2 , the original was one the most important PS games (yeah, it got ported a lot but still) and this conference can give it the hype and nostalgia introduction it needs.

Ah, I agree with that, I just mean that I think RE2 Remake unveiling might be a bit early yet but who knows, maybe slow as molasses Capcom have done a good job with it and are further along than I think that they are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom