• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

FelipeMGM

Then there is The Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding. I am 100% sure they will be there in some form or another. Death Stranding could be on VGX one day earlier though. Also, I dont believe there will be gameplay for either of them, but it doesnt matter because anything from these 2 games will be hype.

I think we will only see the former at PSX this year

Death Stranding no show in 2017, gameplay reveal closes the E3 2018 presentation, thats my bet

Keighley is going to find a way to fit Death Stranding into The Game Awards.

And then propose to Kojima on stage

Oh god please don't remind me of the game awards. It was like Keighly was talking about some war hero that died for his country.

One of the biggest cringe moments in history of interactive entertainment.

AAMARMO

Banned

Death Stranding no show in 2017, gameplay reveal closes the E3 2018 presentation, thats my bet

Sadly this is going be true but I do hope we see something new this year.

It feels strange not getting constant updates from a Kojima Game.

Memento

Well, as I said I dont believe we will see gameplay from either of them (that is E3 2018 for both). But we will definitely get something.

A cutscene trailer from Part II (Joel reveal maybe? Unless he is actually dead lol) and another weird trailer from Kojima for DS.

alemmon

I think PSX will be great this year. Of course all I need to make me happy is some stellar indie games like hopefully: Hollow Knight, Owlboy, Starbound, Hearth Forth Alicia and Bloodstained. And the usual Gio on stage announcing some localization games coming like Dragon Quest XI, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Left Alive and Yakuza Kiwami 2.

Plus all the great stuff to play at PSX.

I really do think it will be a great year to be at PSX.

What about Bloodborne 2/From Software's new game?

It'll be multi-platform with a reveal coming next year according to a reliable source (KIllerqueen). FROM is very, very excited about it, and it'll be the next evolution of their ARPG's DeS-DS-

I think PSX will have a Suckerpunch new IP reveal, and gameplay demo for TLOU Part II for sure. DS will get a typical 10 minute Kojima gameplay trailer at E3 2018.

It'll be multi-platform with a reveal coming next year according to a reliable source (KIllerqueen). FROM is very, very excited about it, and it'll be the next evolution of their ARPG's DeS-DS-

I think PSX will have a Suckerpunch new IP reveal, and gameplay demo for TLOU Part II for sure. DS will get a typical 10 minute Kojima gameplay trailer at E3 2018.

2018 or 2019 for SoulsBorne 6's release date?

Dabi

link to the source?

Dabi

Capcom seems to have established a bit of a pattern with their major announcements.

E3 2016: Announce RE7 for early year release
PSX 2016: Announce MvC for fall release
E3 2017: Announce MH for early year release

Will be interesting to see if they show something at PSX this year. Watch their logo appear, everyone loses their shit and it's RE2 Remake -_-

It's obviously going to be Devil May Cry

VertPin

We don't know for certain if Killer Queen is so reliable. He has made the claims but no mod has come out to say if he is verified, or that what he is saying is true or has any legibility. However, he has mentioned a few times that he has been checked once, but that's it.

Regardless, I am VERY excited to see From's next games
but I really do hope that Bloodborne 2 is in the planning stages at least.

sn00zer

Sorry, about Soul Calibur 6 when I said "they" I didn't mean Sony.

I don't want to be too specific as to what my friend's job is, but to publish a japanese game in Europe there's some steps you have to take, and he found out about it in one of those steps.

I should have said is not related to Sony in any way, first of third party.

Is just some cool info I wanted to share with my fello sonyers, sorry for the confusion

Quick question, if this was told to you in confidence why did you reveal it?

2018 or 2019 for SoulsBorne 6's release date?

2019, guaranteed.

We don't know for certain if Killer Queen is so reliable. He has made the claims but no mod has come out to say if he is verified, or that what he is saying is true or has any legibility. However, he has mentioned a few times that he has been checked once, but that's it.

Regardless, I am VERY excited to see From's next games
but I really do hope that Bloodborne 2 is in the planning stages at least.

I believe him 100%.

BB2 is not even in the planning stages as of now at FROM. If it does happen, it'll be on the next generation of consoles.

VertPin

2019, guaranteed.

I believe him 100%.

BB2 is not even in the planning stages as of now at FROM. If it does happen, it'll be on the next generation of consoles.

What makes you believe him 100%? I think I am just burnt out on insiders here. It would be cool for a mod to come out and say "x is verified".

The God

What makes you believe him 100%? I think I am just burnt out on insiders here. It would be cool for a mod to come out and say "x is verified".

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think mod verification confirms that the info is true, it only says that person could be in a position to know that info

either way you don't need Killer Queen to know Bloodborne 2 isn't happening cuz Miyazaki shot it down himself

I really hope they show some campaign footage and drop the Dreams beta at PGW, so they can do a community showcase at PSX and drop the final release date there.

The community showcase will be the thing that sells the game to everyone.

Memento

My guess has been for awhile that Sony Japan would do a Bloodborne 2 in house with Miyazaki blessings.

I actually have this weird curiosity of seeing in action IPs with entirely different philophies from the studio that will handle it.

Like, Bloodborne 2 by Naughty Dog. Can you imagine it? No, right? That is why it is so exciting LMAO.

I feel as though Bloodborne 2 isn't happening. It's a well rounded experience and covered most of the ground it wanted to. I believe Miyazaki when he says he wants to do something different.

I do hope Sony and From collaborate again. Playing through Nioh right now makes me want another collaboration from those two.

Best wishes.

Mikey Jr.

Dreams is 100% at PGW.

I just hope they show it right. Show a campaign section, that shows you how to use the tools.

The campaign section will show off a game they built.

It will start off by showing that the player is a toaster.
Then you walk the toaster into an oven and you close the door.
Fin.
Then they will spend the next 20 minutes detailing how they modelled the toaster.

I'm joking around, but honestly, my hype level for Dreams is at about 0.

Every time they show off a game, it's some item that walks around, picks up thing, drops thing. And then like usual, everyone points me to some game montage they had where for literally 1 second, it shows some soccer players.

Dreams is the one game that I constantly forget exists.

The campaign section will show off a game they built.

It will start off by showing that the player is a toaster.
Then you walk the toaster into an oven and you close the door.
Fin.
Then they will spend the next 20 minutes detailing how they modelled the toaster.

I'm joking around, but honestly, my hype level for Dreams is at about 0.

Every time they show off a game, it's some item that walks around, picks up thing, drops thing. And then like usual, everyone points me to some game montage they had where for literally 1 second, it shows some soccer players.

Dreams is the one game that I constantly forget exists.

sorry m8 you lost me at the toaster.

FelipeMGM

What should we expect at Paris Games Week?

here is what Im thinking

Dreams show-off with new footage and Beta announcement for December
Detroit new trailer with release date attached
WiLD shown, release window disclosed but no hard date
SIE Manchester PSVR game announced
SIE London PSVR game announced
Pixelopus announces its new game
New game announcement by Q-Games
New PlayLink games announced, both first (via XDev) and third party this time
HZD Frozen Wilds gameplay trailer
God of War gets a new long-ish gameplay section

RSchmitz

here is what Im thinking

Dreams show-off with new footage and Beta announcement for December
Detroit new trailer with release date attached
WiLD shown, release window disclosed but no hard date
SIE Manchester PSVR game announced
SIE London PSVR game announced
Pixelopus announces its new game
New game announcement by Q-Games
New PlayLink games announced, both first (via XDev) and third party this time
HZD Frozen Wilds gameplay trailer
God of War gets a new long-ish gameplay section

I hope there are more regular new games than that.
VR sections are terrible. If anything is pre-show material it's VR stuff imo. I won't get to watch PGW live because of work, so at least it's easy to skip.

FelipeMGM

VR sections are terrible. If anything is pre-show material it's VR stuff imo. I won't get to watch PGW live because of work, so at least it's easy to skip.

Maybe from third parties, which I didnt really bother listing any predictions there, but Im keeping expectations low for first party stuff

I dunno, man. European game expos seem to be a distant third after E3 and PSX now. I can quite possibly see no new games being there; just updates on stuff we already know about.

Maybe we get a new Gavin Moore directed game at PGW. Puppeteer was announced at gamescom

Although I would love that, is he even in a directorial role any more? Puppeteer was sorely underrated and launched on the wrong platform.

Top Bottom