• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

Hmm...

yoshida23nsi2.png

Given who he mentioned, it's almost certainly third party related. But that's quite the interesting group.

no Yoshida said that Sony isn't working on a JRPG Game and people suddenly condemned Verendus and asked for his ban....even tough we all know that developers/people in this position don't tell the truth all the time (so we should wait and see before judging)
Verendus has been talking about the jRPG project since 2013, 3 years of development. If it's not announced this year, that means that it could hypothetically come out in 2017, 5 years of development if not more since that's only when he mentioned it. If that game is not announced by E3 in 2016, then I have lost hope in it and Verendus is going to take the biggest L of the forum.

To hide the fact that they are working on big JRPGs.

Yup, that would be my guess. No way is he going to spoil his own announcements.

Speaking of E3 2016, I'm back to wondering when we finally see that Level-5 game that still somehow isn't announced and if it will take that E3 slot instead if it doesn't get announced at PSX. I could see it happening since it was apparently set to be announced at this year's E3 before the whole "Sony E3 conference of the forever" happened. I would not be surprised if it was FF7 Remake that bumped it since FF7 hype would have drowned it out.

Verendus has been talking about the jRPG project since 2013, 3 years of development. If it's not announced this year, that means that it could hypothetically come out in 2017, 5 years of development if not more since that's only when he mentioned it. If that game is not announced by E3 in 2016, then I have lost hope in it and Verendus is going to take the biggest L of the forum.

yep but its not 2016 yet - so people should wait before thei judge
He said that he is not sure if JRPG 2 will be announced this year.
also (at the end of 2014) that the game pushed past pre production

btw he also talked about the FF7 Remake in 2013 - and that game won't come out before 2017/18

Not sure I'm familiar with Zindagi Games.

What have they worked on?

the last sly cooper game

He also said that he is not sure if JRPG 2 will be announced this year.
He also said (at the end of 2014) that the game pushed past pre production

btw he also talked about the FF7 Remake in 2013 - and that game won't come out before 2017/18

the last sly cooper game

I think you're confusing them with Sanzaru. Zindagi made the Sports Champions stuff for Move. I imagine they are working on something similar for PS VR.

People need to understand that Sony needs to keep their secret projects a secret. Some of these project might come into fruition, some might not. That's why shuhei pulled a jaffe. Well allegedly... If verendus was telling the truth.

can't see why saying you are working on a JRPG is incredible...

He also said that he is not sure if JRPG 2 will be announced this year.
He also said (at the end of 2014) that the game pushed past pre production

the last sly cooper game
Shanks, I just want my Legend of Dragoon reboot. I realize it's not 2016 yet, that's why I'm saying if nothing is shown at E3 next year. Verendus, hold the L.
I'm secretely hoping it's shown at PSX along with L5 unveiling Ni No Kuni 2 with a much higher budget.

Shanks, I just want my Legend of Dragoon reboot. I realize it's not 2016 yet, that's why I'm saying if nothing is shown at E3 next year. Verendus, hold the L.
I'm secretely hoping it's shown at PSX along with L5 unveiling Ni No Kuni 2 with a much higher budget.

I fail to see how a bigger budget is needed for a game like Ni No Kuni. A better combat system though...

But it most likely will not happen since Ghibli is basically no more.

I think you're confusing them with Sanzaru. Zindagi made the Sports Champions stuff for Move. I imagine they are working on something similar for PS VR.

Ah my bad !

Well i wouldn't mind a LOD Reboot either
Nah i was just saying that generally others should wait before they judge - atleast you give him time until E3 2016 ^^

I fail to see how a bigger budget is needed for a game like Ni No Kuni. A better combat system though...

But it most likely will not happen since Ghibli is basically no more.
- more variation to evolutions
- more variation to powers

A lot of the attacks were the same and their evolutions were barely in depth. Have more money to really go in depth with that, and it could the Pokemon console game we've been waiting for.

viHuGi

Banned
Sony should top announcing games after games, my wallet keeps crying and my mom is gonna kill me anyway with so much Money i will be spending :p

Sony should top announcing games after games, my wallet keeps crying and my mom is gonna kill me anyway with so much Money i will be spending :p

I'm conflicted cause I don't want them to announce 2017 games before E3 2016 but events without announcements are pretty boring. They already have so many games announced and cooking, they don't really need more until they get some of them out of the oven (UC4, Ratchet, Tomorrow Children...). Give em the stage time instead of projects we won't be seeing in over a year.

whynotboth.gif

And Yakuza 6. :p It's interesting because before TGS the president of Sega made comments about how they were going to start trying to regain trust in fans and the first step to doing that would be an announcement they'd have for TGS

“It may look rough if you look a it from a Japanese standpoint, but on a global scale the PlayStation 4 has a record-selling history, so I believe there’s a good opportunity there,” says Satomi.

“As far as the Western market goes, we learned a lot from Atlus,” continues Satomi. “If we can make a title with proper quality, I believe there’s a good chance for it to do well even in the West for players that like to play Japanese games.”

“Since we’re seriously considering quality, I can’t make that promise for the time being, but I believe we will announce something for home console at Tokyo Game Show,” says Satomi.

He later said this after the response to that message

"Seeing our fans across the world respond to our recent interview with Famitsu, lets us know we’ve made the right first step in acknowledging who we are and where we want to be. Sega is dedicated to bringing you quality gaming experiences and becoming a brand you love and trust again," said Haruki Satomi, CEO of Sega Games in a statement sent over e-mail to SIliconera.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/2...ive-fan-reactions-on-their-famitsu-interview/

Kiwami and Yakuza 6 are the only games they announced at TGS. So could that be what he was referring to?

And Yakuza 6. :p It's interesting because before TGS the president of Sega made comments about how they were going to start trying to regain trust in fans and the first step to doing that would be an announcement they'd have for TGS

He later said this after the response to that message

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/2...ive-fan-reactions-on-their-famitsu-interview/

Kiwami and Yakuza 6 are the only games they announced at TGS. So could that be what he was referring to?

Considering 6 is PS4 exclusive you'd hope it would get a western push too.

2013 to 2017 is four years, unless you're assuming development started in 2012 but we don't know that.

My guess is when they announce it, it'll be a short turnaround like Bloodborne. So something like an E3 2016 announcement and then an Early 2017 release.

Though I don't think being wrong on an unknown JRPG announcement is anywhere near the "biggest L of the forum."

2013 to 2017 is four years, unless you're assuming development started in 2012 but we don't know that.

My guess is when they announce it, it'll be a short turnaround like Bloodborne. So something like an E3 2016 announcement and then an Early 2017 release.

I doubt it will be a short turn around, it's gonna be a big budget in comparison to something like bloodborne. I don't doubt that bloodborne doesn't have a big budget compared to something like armored core, but i do imply that fromsoftware is more than proficient with given budgets and deadlines

and as an "emulation of final fantasy" it's gonna be heavily marketed or at least that's the implication, early 2017 i doubt, the year 2017 maybe

and under the presumption that level 5 is developing the title. they started mass hiring in September of 2014
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=900692
i doubt that they would have the game shipped by say Q1-Q2 of 2017 if it was a "large scale" project

also a bigger budget for a level 5 title won't make their combat better, a lot of their games are better when the combat is simplistic and straightforward like in dark cloud and fantasy life instead of the whole pseudo atb/turn based ni no kuni. the one thing level 5 is consistently good at is presentation, implementing mechanics, well they vary

i also suspect level 5 to announce ni no kuni 2 some time in 2016 either at tgs or their vision event if they have one next year
or maybe you're right and they show it at psx or some western event since it sold well in the west, but even then i doubt scea would give them the show floor if it was at e3 or something, despite it being in contradiction to showing a level 5 funded collaboration title, the only obvious difference being that sce would own the property they show off

Wazzu

Banned
not sure if this is the place to ask, but does anyone know what's going on with The Forest? is was revealed at PSX last year and nothing has been said since.

Did Zindagi Games also do that Sorcery game from a few years back? Or am I getting mixed up and *gulp* they did Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest?

not sure if this is the place to ask, but does anyone know what's going on with The Forest? is was revealed at PSX last year and nothing has been said since.

Don't know. I tweeted the devs a while back and they didn't respond. I'd guess they just announced it way too early. I wonder if it's even out of Early Access just yet.

FerDS

Tequilla said something on twitter a week before Paris Games Week that they were still working on it.

I think its just a case of an ambitious indie game being announced too early like No Mans Sky and The Witness.

Yeah always check them on Twitter, I was just really hoping to see it again in pgw :(

It's the PSX era all over again. Just with more poly's. And now they call them triangles

I'm downright giddy about 2016. Going to be a legendary year and my wallet will be ready

Also does that image mean we will see Deep Down playable at PSX???

A bunch of those are not PS4 exclusives or even Playstation exclusives though.

Most of the japanese games are PS4/PS3/Vita, or some combination of those. A bunch of the indie games are also on PC.

Melchiah

Got this sweet ass image of PS4's exclusives. Courtesy of pager99

DfzOpdK.jpg

Yes, it includes console exclusives too

So many interesting games coming... Uncharted 4, Alienation, Firewatch, What Remains of Edith Finch, Horizon, Detroit, Shadow of the Beast, Matterfall, Rime, Hunger, GOW, and Nioh. Good times ahead.

Most of the japanese games are PS4/PS3/Vita, or some combination of those. A bunch of the indie games are also on PC.
What difference does that make? Does being on PS3/Vita/PC devalue them?

Either way, that image looks amazing. So much I want to play.

31 are PS exclusive. Guess a bunch means a handful?

Thing about it is. They are all on PS4.

What difference does that make? Does being on PS3/Vita/PC devalue them?

Either way, that image looks amazing. So much I want to play.

Oh dont get me wrong, thats an amazing lineup. It's just that it said they were PS4 exclusives and i was just wanting to correct it.

Those games arent on Xbox, that's huge for Playstation.

mejin

Oh dont get me wrong, thats an amazing lineup. It's just that it said they were PS4 exclusives and i was just wanting to correct it.

Those games arent on Xbox, that's huge for Playstation.

There are more exclusive games for PS4 or Playstation Exclusives, but people always forget. Japanese support is awesome.

Anyway, from 2016 and further, PS4 will have a killer lineup.

Hexa

Got this sweet ass image of PS4's exclusives. Courtesy of pager99

Yes, it includes console exclusives too

Nice. The ones that aren't PS Exclusives on there:
No Man's Sky
Boundless
Shenmue III
Firewatch
Street Fighter V
The Witness
Hellblade
Hunger

Games that are PS exclusive not on there:
London the Heist
RIGs
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Wattam
Hardware: Rivals
Danganronpa 3
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven
Exist Archive
Nights of Azure
Dead or Alive X3
Summon Night 6
God Wars
Steins;Gate 0
Root Letter
Atelier Sophie
Ys 8

And a bunch of other games I don't think will get localized.

On that note the Yakuza 6 logo should be Kiwami IIRC. T_T

Also what's up with Deep Down? Or for that matter, Let it Die?

Nice. The ones that aren't PS Exclusives on there:
No Man's Sky
Boundless
Shenmue III
Firewatch
Street Fighter V
The Witness
Hellblade

Games that are PS exclusive not on there:
London the Heist
RIGs
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Wattam
Hardware: Rivals
Danganronpa 3
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven
Exist Archive
Nights of Azure
Dead or Alive X3

Also the Yakuza 6 logo should be Kiwami IIRC.

Also what's up with Deep Down? Or for that matter, Let it Die?

how are you going to make a list and not even include all the games in the screenshot? Creates a false representation of an image only a few posts up. Oh wait, you were listing games not in that picture lol. Nm. Gotcha.

I think that image is showing games that will be at PSX. But I mean ... that is a ton of games to be at PSX. Shenmue 3? TLG? Deep Down? Yakuza 6? The Witness? Nier 2? I mean .... i want to believe that !!!

And didn't a mod here say that the FFVII-R situation is like the Street Fighter V one with Sony funding? Meaning it won't hit XBox but may be on PC?

Kasper

Did Zindagi Games also do that Sorcery game from a few years back? Or am I getting mixed up and *gulp* they did Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest?

They did Medieval Moves along with Sports Champions 1 & 2. Aside from that they've released a few mobile games, which is why it seems like they could go either way when it comes to their next PlayStation project. Since they're being overseen by Sony San Diego it could be some F2P game, as the studio is focusing on that when it comes to external support, or it could be a VR project due to their heavy involvement with PS Move.

I wonder just how much they're actually putting into this project as the careers page on their website all has to do with mobile games. Hopefully it's just because they're already fully staffed for their PS4 game and that it's far into production.

Top Bottom