• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation: First Party Studios & their Current Projects

Javin98

Banned
Before people continuously quote me, let me just say it's 12:45 a.m. in Malaysia and my previous post is purely my wishful thinking. If the emoji didn't make it obvious enough.

I also agree with this! I really hope it's a gameplay trailer, with some shots of the different environments. I also hope it fills the tree number and density quota.
I still think it's one of the most idiotic things to complain about:
1) it could be a different forest
2) it could be a different time of day and angle

Fuck it, gonna throw a very premature E3 predictions out there

-Starts with a car chase going on. No one knows what's going on at first, but then Spider-Man swings in. Extended gameplay demo, close to 10 minutes. Looks amazing. 2018 release window given

-Shawn Lauren comes out for a minute or two and makes a comment about how last years E3 was so successful because they just focused on the games, and that's what they're gonna do again today

-Sucker Punch logo comes up, 2 minute cinematic trailer followed by gameplay demo. Horizon style. Sci-fi setting, gameplay is a mix of third-person shooting and powers. Basically like Mass Effect. Looks great. No release window given

-From Software logo pops up, not Bloodborne 2. Trailer for a new game that looks less like Souls than people expect. 2018 release window

-Days Gone demo. Shows more on the crafting and environmental kills they teased, new area. Looks great and silences some of the naysayers. Gets february release date

-Detroit gets another gameplay trailer revealing a third character. Gets date in October

-Dreams gets a trailer focusing on the story as well as creation tools. Beta available tonight

-Trailer for Uncharted The Lost Legacy. September release date

-Devil May Cry 5 reveal trailer. 2018 release window

-VR stuff. Farpoint, whatever else there is

-COD demo

-Destiny 2

-Battlefront 2

-Any other third party stuff

-New weird as shit Death Stranding trailer. Reveals the female lead, played by a famous actress. Still no gameplay

-Shawn Layden comes back out. Thanks fans for their support and whatnot, then talks about their desire to bring Sony Japan back to worldwide prominence, goes into another Horizon style reveal of a first party JRPG. Looks incredible, no release window given

-One last thing, a God of War demo starts, crazy amounts of enemies on screen. Shows a massive boss (but not the whole fight). Ends by revealing Thor. Reveals release date for March 2018

-Starts with a car chase going on. No one knows what's going on at first, but then Spider-Man swings in. Extended gameplay demo, close to 10 minutes. Looks amazing. 2018 release window given

-Shawn Lauren comes out for a minute or two and makes a comment about how last years E3 was so successful because they just focused on the games, and that's what they're gonna do again today

-Sucker Punch logo comes up, 2 minute cinematic trailer followed by gameplay demo. Horizon style. Sci-fi setting, gameplay is a mix of third-person shooting and powers. Basically like Mass Effect. Looks great. No release window given

-From Software logo pops up, not Bloodborne 2. Trailer for a new game that looks less like Souls than people expect. 2018 release window

-Days Gone demo. Shows more on the crafting and environmental kills they teased, new area. Looks great and silences some of the naysayers. Gets february release date

-Detroit gets another gameplay trailer revealing a third character. Gets date in October

-Dreams gets a trailer focusing on the story as well as creation tools. Beta available tonight

-COD demo

-Destiny 2

-Battlefront 2

-New weird as shit Death Stranding trailer. Reveals the female lead, played by a famous actress. Still no gameplay

-Shawn Layden comes back out. Thanks fans for their support and whatnot, then talks about their desire to bring Sony Japan back to worldwide prominence, goes into another Horizon style reveal of a first party JRPG. Looks incredible, no release window given

-One last thing, a God of War demo starts, crazy amounts of enemies on screen. Shows a massive boss (but not the whole fight). Ends by revealing Thor. Reveals release date for March 2018
That would be something for Shawn Layden to get replaced by someone with such a similar name. :p

That would be a really great conference. I would have to fan myself furiously. Even though I don't like FPS, I would like Guerrilla Cambridge to announce they are working on a new, revamped Killzone.

That would be something for Shawn Layden to get replaced by someone with such a similar name. :p

That would be a really great conference. I would have to fan myself furiously. Even though I don't like FPS, I would like Guerrilla Cambridge to announce they are working on a new, revamped Killzone.
That conference i honestly see going down exactly like this..Minus the dates because who knows.

Also GC won't be making a new kz... Because they're making mag instead!!

Was mag a multi million seller?

It's totally killzone if we go off what they were hiring for back in 2014?

Damn... didn't even have time for a stealth edit lol

And I expect the GC Killzone (which I fully believe to be in the works) to be a PSX announcement

When does everyone think we're gonna get our first look at gameplay for Death Stranding and TLOU2? Personally, I expect TLOU to open PSX this year (since Naughty Dog has opened every PSX so far). I initially thought DS would get gameplay at PSX also, but I could see waiting for E3 2018 for that

Edit: sorry for the double post!

When does everyone think we're gonna get our first look at gameplay for Death Stranding and TLOU2? Personally, I expect TLOU to open PSX this year (since Naughty Dog has opened every PSX so far). I initially thought DS would get gameplay at PSX also, but I could see waiting for E3 2018 for that

Edit: sorry for the double post!
Rough Early gameplay for both at PSX bookmark this

That feels quite believable though I don't hold hope for a JRPG IP from Japan Studio. i would take that out and replace that slot with new FROM IP .

Rough Early gameplay for both at PSX bookmark this
I first thought Death Stranding at PSX also, but now I'm not so sure. Based on what little we know about the gameplay that has the potential to be unlike anything we've ever seen, and I could see them wanting to save that for a bigger show in E3
Change that September date to "Available right after the show"....

*kaboom*
That would be awesome!
That feels quite believable though I don't hold hope for a JRPG IP from Japan Studio. i would take that out and replace that slot with new FROM IP .
I understand why you say that, but I just can't shake the feeling that Japan has something huge cooking

Icolin

Banned

Yep. I don't think we're gonna see Japan Studio's next game for awhile, considering that TLG and Gravity Rush have just been released/close to releasing, and Knack 2 is out next year.

I think Bloodborne 2 will definitely happen, but it'll be the "b" team, per se; not led by Miyazaki.

I first thought Death Stranding at PSX also, but now I'm not so sure. Based on what little we know about the gameplay that has the potential to be unlike anything we've ever seen, and I could see them wanting to save that for a bigger show in E3

That would be awesome!

I understand why you say that, but I just can't shake the feeling that Japan has something huge cooking
O he'll be at e3 again I'm sure I don't want him there but he'll be there

RPGamer92

Banned

-COD demo

-Destiny 2

-Battlefront 2

My guess:
Starts with a Bloodborne 2 reveal
Shawn Layden comes out welcomes everyone
Sucker Punch game reveal
God of War demo
Spiderman gameplay reveal
Death Stranding gameplay reveal
Devil May Cry 5 announced
2D Castlevania by Vanillaware announced
COD, Ass Creed, Destiny section
Studio Japan JRPG reveal
Indie section
The Last of Us 2 gameplay reveal
Shawn comes back on stage, thanks for coming etc but wait! Bruce Straley comes out, shoulder taps Shawn and says well we have one more thing. Lights go dark
Boom! Savage Starlight revealed! Big sci-fi RPG directed by Straley

Javin98

Banned
Regardless, Death Stranding will almost certainly be at The Game Awards this year again. Geoff Keighley just loves to prove he is Kojima's biggest fan.

Damn if Sony also gets AssCreed exclusive content/marketing they are going hard as f**k this fall. At this rate they should release all of their 1st party stuff between Q1-Q3 and let the big 3rd party franchises battle it out in Q4.

Javin98

Banned
Damn if Sony also gets AssCreed exclusivity they are going hard as f**k this fall. At this rate they should release all of their 1st party stuff between Q1-Q3 and let the big 3rd party franchises battle it out in Q4.
Didn't realize Scorpio is going to flop so hard that Ubisoft will stop developing for XB1 entirely. :p

DigSCCP

Now that GR2 is done what can we expect from Toyama's team?
Oh boy I need a new Siren made with Decima Engine in my veins !

Atcha43

Banned
Yep. I don't think we're gonna see Japan Studio's next game for awhile, considering that TLG and Gravity Rush have just been released/close to releasing, and Knack 2 is out next year.

I think Bloodborne 2 will definitely happen, but it'll be the "b" team, per se; not led by Miyazaki.

Technically Dark Souls 3 was their B team. Miyazaki came in after finishing Bloodborne so around a year before Darks Souls 3 released. I'm guessing the next game will be from the Bloodborne team. I remember a SCE Japan producer that worked on Bloodborne say that his next game will be announced this year.

Translation hero @bk2128 posted a bunch of Japanese devs/producers quotes from Famitsu and Dengeki about 2017 and beyond, including two from PlayStation:

C10TAkEUkAErh5E.jpg

Sony IE
Keiichiro Toyama: Right after GR2 I'll work on another new title
Shuhei Yoshida: Now producing lots of unannounced titles.

There is still hope for one more Toyama game this gen

nice ! will add it to the OP

Eggbok

Once it hits 15 mill views:

"Thank you for the 15 million views, the team here at Sony Santa Monica would like to thank you for your continued support. As a thank you here is a sneak peek of the concept art for a new boss we would like to introduce."

*picture is Kratos and his son looking up at a giant monster called Knack*

Once it hits 15 mill views:

"Thank you for the 15 million views, the team here at Sony Santa Monica would like to thank you for your continued support. As a thank you here is a sneak peek of the concept art for a new boss we would like to introduce."

*picture is Kratos and his son looking up at a giant monster called Knack*
No way. Cory already confirmed that this is NOT Kratos last game

You guys do know it's fan made right? The tutorial video? Also I have peeked into the other horizon thread(for my own sanity) but what are the general feelings?

Tonky

Alright, we're 5 months out but someone earlier in the thread started it. Anyways:

- Open with SP's new IP reveal, trailer + gameplay. Sci-Fi + TPS, graphically incredible. Comparisons made to Star Wars 1313. No release window.

- Transition into God of War gameplay. Huge boss battle, QTE's, makes it looks like a traditional GoW again. The reveal is a player switch to the son for finishing off the fight. March 2018.

- Days Gone gameplay, using a zombie herd to infiltrate an enemy camp. Looks cool, but pretty standard. Fall 2018 release date.

- Marketing deals. Destiny 2, RDR2, AC: Empire, COD etc.

- Live Spider-Man gameplay demo. Physics-based web-swinging returns, combat system similar to Batman games. Looks amazing, releasing February 2018.

- Death Stranding trailer 3 leaves us even more confused than the second trailer did. No gameplay, no release window.

- Closing with a game that needs no introduction. TLOU2 gameplay. Eyes melt, minds blown. "2019"

Icolin

Banned
Here's my idealistic E3 prediction:

- Orchestra is back, but all of a sudden synthesizers enter the mix, making it clear that this is something completely new; conference is 1h 30min long.
(That's why my predictions are long as hell)

- Opens with a thorough, 10 minute long gameplay demo/reveal of Sucker Punch's new IP. Carries over the traversal, open world and powers from InFamous, but translates them into a new cyberpunk-ish setting; think InFamous meets Blade Runner or the OG Prey 2. No date given until it's closer to release, which I think will be Fall 2018/Early 2019.

- Shawn comes out, thanks everyone for coming, just the average opening spiel

- Detroit: Become Human demo is shown; shows what Kara's gameplay is like, and ends with a sneak peek of the third playable protagonist. It's given a release window of Fall 2017.

- Spider-Man demo is shown, shows the open-world aspect well, and ends with a little bit of story, and the reveal of the game's official title. No date.

- Short Uncharted Lost Legacy trailer and release date are given

-TLOU 2 short teaser. No date, no gameplay.

-Days Gone trailer. No date, but it skillfully showcases the role of the motorcycle, and more of the openworld.

- Shuhei comes out, introduces SOME of the titles coming from Japanese studios on the PS4

- Short Gran Turismo Sport trailer, exact date given (September 2017 IMO)

- Ni No Kuni 2 trailer (it's supposed to come out this year so that's why I think there's a small chance it'll be at E3), ends with a release date

-Shuhei introduces the games from Japanese studios beyond 2017

- DMC5 is revealed. Same situation as SFV, partially funded by Sony, console exclusive for PS4. All cinematic, and confirmed to be on UE4.

- Transitions from DMC5 to the reveal of DMC5 Dante in a new Marvel v Capcom Infinite trailer.
Also reveals of Spiderman (with the Insomniac costume to spite GAF), and 2 newcomers. Delayed to early 2018.

- Back to back FFVII Remake and KH3 trailers. Reveals of Aeris, Tifa and a sneak peek at Sephiroth in the FFVII Remake trailer, reveal of a Toy Story world in the KH3 trailer. KH3 gets a 2018 release window, FFVII Remake gets nothing.

- Shu introduces a Playstation VR Sizzle Reel, with a reveal of Sony North West Studio's game at the end; no other VR reveals.

-Shu comes back out, one more thing: Bloodborne 2 is revealed, no gameplay, early 2018 date.

- Andrew House comes out, introduces Activision games

- COD

-Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy shown, out in late August 2017. Features stuff from Crash 2 and 3 this time. The demo from PSX is out NOW.

-Destiny 2 gameplay trailer (it'll be revealed prior to E3 on Activision's own watch)

- Andrew House comes back out, and introduces other third party stuff

-RDR2 Gameplay Demo, still on track for fall 2017. Looks exceptional.

- Star Wars Battlefront 2 trailer

-One more thing from Andrew House; introduces HIDEO KOJIMA

-Kojima comes out, introduces a new Death Stranding trailer. It reveals a female character played by a famous actress (someone connected w/ Del Toro I presume). Shows no gameplay, but the stuff in the trailer finally gives us a good idea as to what the plot and gameplay might be.

- Shawn thanks everyone for watching, ending spiel.

- God of War demo to close out the show. Opens with a story cutscene, detailing, but not spoiling, why Kratos is in the Norse world. Similar demo to the one from E3 2016, shows exploration, boss fights, etc. Ends with an early 2018 release window.

-Sizzle reel with all the games shown, and other games not shown. The End.

NNK2 and the Square stuff are hopeful, but aside from that I'm feeling optimistic that I might be right for the most part. Also, I predict AC is gonna be with Microsoft

Top Bottom