• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony, the masters of spoiling the party

Status
Not open for further replies.
jarrod said:
Where was the extended warranty and public apology for the endemically overheating 1994/1995 PlayStation models again?

Have no idea - wasn't following that one. Was the problem as large (in scope) and fundamental (basic design flaw)?

jay

jarrod said:
Like Sony has before? :lol

I'd be upset if they had massive failures and didn't disclose information to the public. In fact I have been upset by their hardware as I have had many, many Sony products break, including about three PS1s.

You are incorrectly assuming this is an A versus B issue. I am not defending Sony by saying MS should have been more straight forward with their hardware problems.

KAOS

The good thing is that sony got called out on all there bs. l hope that changes their tactics for the future but with sony you never know. This thread kinda seperates the fanboys from the zeolots from the virals.

jarrod

Banned
BruceWayneIII said:
Have no idea - wasn't following that one. Was the problem as large (in scope) and fundamental (basic design flaw)?
I dunno... can you find a working PlayStation from 94/95? :lol

On the old GAF we actually had a thread with links to the various class action lawsuits from PS/PS2 iirc (basically all of which were settled and largely skirted over by the media), might be nice if someone could dig up those references.

jay said:
I'd be upset if they had massive failures and didn't disclose information to the public. In fact I have been upset by their hardware as I have had many, many Sony products break, including about three PS1s.

You are incorrectly assuming this is an A versus B issue. I am not defending Sony by saying MS should have been more straight forward with their hardware problems.
The original statement was comparing Sony to MS directly though... it literally is "A versus B" if you're taking part in this discussion.

Raist

Banned
Well yeah it's a legitimate topic. Somewhat a bit LTTP tho.

But I can't believe some posts here and see that it's down to "zomg sony killed sega" now. How long before we speak about the snes CD ?

jay

jarrod said:
The original statement was comparing Sony to MS directly though... it literally is "A versus B" if you're taking part in this discussion.

Ok then, I will have my own discussion with myself.

I think this is an interesting topic. Is Sony king of FUD?

Yeah, probably, but the other guys have done some pretty shitty things too.

Huh, pretending the PS2 would replace our brains was pretty underhanded and look what it did to Sega.

Still, the RROD thing was pretty bad.

Yeah it was, has Nintendo done anything to crap on customers so brazenly?

I don't know, people aren't interested in discussing the actual topic, only with defending their chosen company or pretending all business is identical.

Damn fanboys.

Atreides

Not even one of the examples in the OP are FUD. FUD is negative information about competing products. Overhyping your own products is not FUD.

Anyway, the only really bad one is GT Mobile, because people actually bought PSPs for that game.

jay

jarrod said:
Nintendo craps on their fans all the time honestly. :lol

Usually on Mondays though. :(

Why must you be difficult? You're right, the VC is living up to a hundredth of its potential, I want storage, think Nintendo should push 3rd parties harder, etc. but the topic of this particular crapping on fans is overhyping and then not delivering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom