• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sooo...did anyone ELSE know there was a canceled Flash (superhero) game?

jayu26

I feel like a good Flash game could be impossible to make... Surprised it was even attempted.

Thats a lot of a fancy graphics for something not even moving fast.

How do you know how fast he is moving? Time could be slowed down while he is doing that...

In any case, if there was going to be a real Flash game they would probably need some sort slow down time (bullet time) mechanic...It seems like that game would live and die by that mechanic.

Mr. X

The way they've taken Flash's super speed to crazy shit like speeding up his molecules to unfreeze himself or make his heartbeat fast enough to fake a heart attack or how he nearly wiped himself off this plane of existence to defeat Braniac Lex from the speed he moved in JLU.

Captain Cold is great imo. Lots of devices, henchmen, interesting personality with his code of ethics.

Shaanyboi

Banned
it got cancelled

You don't make a Flash game and have it be Jay Garrick

who said it had to be Jay Garrick? He's standing next to who we assume is Barry Allen. Could just be the Flash family all hanging out

Flash_Family_YJ.jpg

wondermega

Flash could be a great game. Never minding the footage shown (nowhere near fast enough!) there's so much that could be done with an IP like that provided that a little creativity was used. Think Mirror's Edge with completely different physics and on crack to boot. Having the ability to run from one end of a city to the other in 3 seconds (but having to temper it so that you wouldn't destroy things/kill yourself)

Likewise a next-gen Hulk game would really be something. Picking up a skyscraper and using it to demolish your way across town as it (and everything else) fell apart around you. Okay, the tech is probably still nowhere near powerful enough to do things that convincing yet, but maybe in another several years. To me, superhero games (not FPS) are really what is exciting about the future of game technology and what will be possible.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I have never bought the comic, now that i think about it i don't think i have ever seen it, but i loved his power and the telefilm.
That said i would buy a game but i still don't get how realistically one can beat someone that goes superfast.
Anyway flash apart all those characters are really terrible, especially the allies.

Top Bottom