• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spanish Video Game Software Sales 2016

LordCiego

Spanish GAF, where do you usually buy your games? Just out of interest.

I assume Amazon usually, but what about on the street?

I lived in Madrid for a bit a couple years ago and was fortunate to stumble across a CeX on Calle de Hortaleza beside Gran Vía. I browsed in places like GAME, El Corte Inglés and Fnac, but their prices are so extortionate. I suspect It's harder for people living outside the capital to find places to shop for games -- especially second-hand.

As a Pc gamer I dont tend to buy physical, but on the ocasions I do its on MediaMarkt or Fnac.

viHuGi

Banned
Black Ops 3 is a juggernaut, man Infinite Warfare has to be the biggest single flop in the Cod Franchise ever, Germany sales were also brutal.

Uncharted 4 is a juggernaut across Europe, i told you all.

Fifa is just unstoppable force.

Last Guardian not in the flops makes me happy.

yurinka

Let's hope publishers learn to don't overcrowd November and spread their flagship AAA across the year.

In almost a month we saw Watchdogs 2, Titanfall, CoD, Deus EX, Dishonored 2, FFXV, Battlefield 1.. and I don't think most players buy more than 1 or 2 60€ games the same month.
As a spaniard, I'm not proud of this results.

Too much Call of Duty and Fifa in my country -_-".
Why? You may don't like them but they are very popular games in many countries, and they are good games.

yurinka

Double post, sorry.

To the mods: It would be nice to have an option to delete posts, or to automerge 2 consecutive posts & delete the 2nd one if it's exactly the same than the 1st one.

Thanks for all the replies! I really appreciate it.

Yeah I heard about Media Markt but never came across one.

It goes to show how much us Spaniards love our games that even with the deranged prices games go for, especially in an economy so depressed as ours, there is still a game industry here at all.

For sure. Every time I met someone there, the economy was always a hot topic. I heard some fascinating stories especially from my work colleagues who I know found things tough.

I really enjoyed my time living there though. I wish to go back there again soon -- there's still places I'd love to visit.

Top Bottom