• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPECTRE Launching Early Access on 24th July | Spies vs Mercs inspired

Mr.ODST

Symbiosis has announced their upcoming Spies vs Mercenaries game is launching Early Acess on the 24th July.

Neon Xenon

Never got a chance to play the Spies vs Mercs mode in Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (I was blown away when first hearing about it as I've never seen such a multiplayer mode like that), so I will certainly keep an eye on this.

There's another game called Intruder that also takes inspiration from that mode, but is far less serious (one piece of equipment is a banana peel).

Mr.ODST

Spies vs Mercs was probably one of the best OG Xbox Online Multiplayer experiences I ever had, every match was so tense nothing has ever recreated it

RagnarokIV

Was about to make a thread then saw this.

Who's on? I'm hovering on the buy button - any feedback yet? Ideally want to know within 15 mins so I can buy and play some tonight.

Mr.ODST

Was about to make a thread then saw this.

Who's on? I'm hovering on the buy button - any feedback yet? Ideally want to know within 15 mins so I can buy and play some tonight.
Avoid, was excited for this and the trailers looks great but the game is barely playable, its literally in Pre-Alpha state, nothing works, animations etc are all clunky, absolute shitton of bugs, menus not working, poor optimisation.

From what I played it has the BASE of a great SvM game BUT they cant even call this Early access.

This is the first time I've played something on Steam EA that is literally to early to even be on there, its more of a proof of concept greybox rather than a EA playable game

chris121580

Yeah it’s unfortunate. I watched a streamer play it and as a spy, he could hardly grab onto a ledge. It was completely janky. The dev seems to have the right idea but I don’t think they should’ve released it yet even in early access.

StueyDuck

SvM was great fun back in the day. But back in the day consisted of all big games having weird unique mp modes where the player counts could be low and still survive.

How long a SvM game only will survive today when kids just wanna do silly dances as goku and superman. I don't see this having a long lifespan and to be honest I'm so far gone when it comes to actually investing into multiplayer games anymore, they are no longer games you can just, Hop in and have fun. you have to dedicate your life and learn the meta asap and so on. So we'll see how well this does for a throwback game

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

Avoid, was excited for this and the trailers looks great but the game is barely playable, its literally in Pre-Alpha state, nothing works, animations etc are all clunky, absolute shitton of bugs, menus not working, poor optimisation.

From what I played it has the BASE of a great SvM game BUT they cant even call this Early access.

This is the first time I've played something on Steam EA that is literally to early to even be on there, its more of a proof of concept greybox rather than a EA playable game
Yeah I saw some videos online of gameplay and it looks rough. Think I'll hold off a little while.

Mr.ODST

The devs have already released a few patches but there is no tutorial so was quite confused, they released some YT vids for the game

The game has most of the functional stuff there in a way but there was so much wrong with it

Top Bottom