• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spiderman 2 (PS2) = $29.99 @ Fry's Electronics

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C4201095.gif.gif

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C4201087.gif.gif

Vibri

Banned
Normally reviews of games come out at least a week ahead -- my point is, the game is in stores tomorrow -- has anyone seen IGN/Gamespot (or any other major site or magazine) reviews yet?

Because if you haven't seen reviews by this stage, it's because the publisher embargoed them. And if reviews have been embargoed, you ought to be suspicious too.

mattx5

Vibri said:
Because if you haven't seen reviews by this stage, it's because the publisher embargoed them. And if reviews have been embargoed, you ought to be suspicious too.

Actually, it could be due to the fact that the game is based on the movie, so they didn't want any important information or plot devices getting out, similar to the embargo on Enter The Matrix (Though that game was crap).

considering there is a book that is almost 1 1/2 inches thick in Barnes & Noble that explains much of the thinking that went into the movie and includes pictures and interviews, I don't think that's a good reason.

Though, it is a good book. Shouldn't have read it, as it explains the whole
power loss/they find out Spider-Man is Peter but assume he just tried to be the hero and Spider-Man is someone else, along with some other minor plot points

Vibri

Banned
mattx5 said:
Actually, it could be due to the fact that the game is based on the movie, so they didn't want any important information or plot devices getting out, similar to the embargo on Enter The Matrix (Though that game was crap).

That doesn't make sense.

Publishers ask that reviews embargo mention of major plot devices all the time. And you don't need to blow movie spoilers in a review that tells people if a video game is any good.

How is it that one of the biggest games of the year has ZERO reviews out before release?
Definately fishy.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Vibri said:
Normally reviews of games come out at least a week ahead -- my point is, the game is in stores tomorrow -- has anyone seen IGN/Gamespot (or any other major site or magazine) reviews yet?

Noooo...that's not true at all.

Typically, with most web reviews, you won't see them until the night before arriving in stores. Gamespot and IGN are among the biggest game reviews sites on the net, and that is VERY common practice. This shipped early, though...but really, I'd imagine they aren't showing much in order to keep the film related items under wraps.

Unlike EtM or something, this game really isn't half bad...actually, it was suprisingly fun to play! (I mean REALLY suprising, as I had ZERO interest before playing it). As noted in the other thread, I put in around an hour of playtime with the retail version (on XBOX).

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Online reviews from major sites usually go live the day a game comes out. There's no point in reading a glowing review and not being able to buy the game until a week later.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Bune Duggy,
A bunch of people see Spider-Man in costume minus the mask, but it's clear to ALL of them that they're looking at the REAL Spider-Man.

Those people are...
Harry, MJ, Doc Ock, and a bunch of people on a train

TAJ said:
Bune Duggy,
A bunch of people see Spider-Man in costume minus the mask, but it's clear to ALL of them that they're looking at the REAL Spider-Man.

Those people are...
Harry, MJ, Doc Ock, and a bunch of people on a train

really? I thought they were going to stay more true to the comics...ah well.

Eggo: amazingly, there is a movie based on this game, hence the talk. plus, the spoilers have tags: don't read 'em.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
The least you could do is mention there are movie spoilers contained herein. I assumed all talk of the movie would be in off-topic. Show some consideration.

Top Bottom