• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Geg

That last one was a really good one, gonna end it there.

I was too busy looking at the map to see my beakon get destroyed to notice I was falling straight into Rudeboy's killer wail lol

Which reminds me, I have a series of me being a detriment and griefing to put up now. There's also a fun moment where Inquisitive nails me with yet another anti-air snipe that set me off on the path of carnage in the Splatterscope playlist.

Seriously, don't jump.

Oh my god yes.

I am so happy both that this was captured on video and that I got to see it from the other side. I had to jump for it and I didn't expect it to land. And your commentary surrounding it is great, ahahaha.

"I'm not a happy camper when I play brush and am getting constantly sent back to base because after a while-"

*SPLAT*

"I'm getting my charger and I am going to put ink so far up this person's ass"

ZOuN9k2.gif

Zing

Banned
Does Azure actually try anymore? It seems every match is just him messing around. I think he spent half the last match just hiding in a wall not doing anything.

Don't know what you guys were doing that last match. Their entire base was untouched. I feel like it's just one big troll. I may come back on later.

RedFyn

This thing is pretty awesome.

Anyone know what's the ideal way to setup voice chat for Splatoon since you need both sound coming from your computer/device and wii u? Is the only way to use speakers?
When I played cod I just put in one earbud. I normally used my phone which made it easier as it only works if you cord is long enough.

Geg

Does Azure actually try anymore? It seems every match is just him messing around. I think he spent half the last match just hiding in a wall not doing anything.

Don't know what you guys were doing that last match. Their entire base was untouched. I feel like it's just one big troll. I may come back on later.

I was watching that on his stream, to be fair to him he had both you and Walkman aiming for him for what seemed like half the match, I'd probably go into hide mode then too

Got to call it quits early tonight but those were some fresh matches >.>

GGs everyone!
I was watching that on his stream, to be fair to him he had both you and Walkman aiming for him for what seemed like half the match, I'd probably go into hide mode then too
We all have to curl up into a fetal position sometimes, I certainly know that feel :{

Zing

Banned
I wasn't aiming for him. I was using Jet Squelcher to ink his side of the base, sucessfully. He then went up and hid and I saw walkman shooting up there repeatedly. When the gates came down I went up and saw him just sitting there on the wall. He didn't even seem to try to jump me.

No, fuck the zooka. I'm glad as hell it's taking more points to charge up now. lol

I shall spam it until it's pried from my cold, dead tentacles!!!
I wasn't aiming for him. I was using Jet Squelcher to ink his side of the base, sucessfully. He then went up and hid and I saw walkman shooting up there repeatedly. When the gates came down I went up and saw him just sitting there on the wall. He didn't even seem to try to jump me.
I think sometimes he's laying in wait for a ninja brush attack. His level of patience is... alarming.

That doesn't sound comfortable.. and I would basically lose sound from one side with my earphones. Do speakers not work?
I've gone closed headphones over open heanphones once to get sounds from 2 sources. Both are fairly light, but it can get pretty warm because of that. Ha... I'd do it again, too, despite how ridiculous it looks.

Geg

He just happened to be in the area you were trying to ink most of the time I guess, from his perspective it really looked like you were aiming for him or trying to block him in.

For the wall thing yeah it wasn't a very good strategy but I think he was trying to ambush Walkman. He didn't have the camera looking in your direction

J@hranimo

Banned
It's taken me quite some time going back and forth with the weapon, but I think I've finally gotten my stride with the splattershot pro. Forge variant at that. Doing well in ranked :)

Zing

Banned
It's taken me quite some time going back and forth with the weapon, but I think I've finally gotten my stride with the splattershot pro. Forge variant at that. Doing well in ranked :)
That is the next one I plan on trying. I've only really used the regular version, and never felt like I had enough ink. I think I will focus on ink recovery rather than ink saver. Ink saver just doesn't seem to cut it for that weapon.

It's actually great in splatzones. The point sensor is great for finding sneaky rollers/brushes hiding in the zones and the inkzooka is perfect for wiping out campers. It's my favorite weapon in zones.

Totakeke

It seems paradoxical to not use chargers on a good map rotation, but matchmaking saw fit to put me in five games with 3 chargers on my team. At least we won one of them.

J@hranimo

Banned
3WfKslD.jpg

Just in the past few games I've been doing alright with this setup. As ugly as the jungle hat is it has really good synergy with it's affinity for ink savers. Damage ups are damage ups.

I'll experiment with it more as time goes on. I've always wanted to use this day 1 and now it's finally clicking lol. I'd say definitely focus on ink saver main. It seems pretty mandatory.

I still can't get used to not having a bomb sub weapon for the pro so I don't try cause every time I look for it there goes a sensor x:

It seems paradoxical to not use chargers on a good map rotation, but matchmaking saw fit to put me in five games with 3 chargers on my team. At least we won one of them.

That's been really driving me crazy for a while now how the matchmaking will create teams sometimes that are so unbalanced that it puts the other team at an immediate disadvantage.

The other night we were playing on underpass and the matchmaking kept putting multiple chargers and brushes on a single team as opposed to splitting them up and made each match a damn nightmare :/

Africanus

The Dynamo roller is great in splat zones. Such range, such power. I barely have to move in matches to contribute to my team. Which is good, moving hurts with this weapon.

J@hranimo

Banned
I still can't get used to not having a bomb sub weapon for the pro so I don't try cause every time I look for it there goes a sensor x:

I admit as a splattershot any type player you do have to change your game a bit. Really focus on the enemy and be concious about your ink tank. It can be rewarding!

ryechu

I played a game once when we had 3 e liters including myself and one squiffer vs a team of only shooters and rollers. We held urchin for 80 points without letting a single person through. Then two of teammates died to a killer wail. I killed two of the four rushing in and our squiffer instead of shooting the zone once to recapture it, which would have mired the remaining two enemies just suicided in the zone instantly giving them control. Needless to say the enemy got 100 points straight. At the end of the game I saw I was with a bunch of b+ Players and I had 4 times the number of kills of my team.

NNID PreyingShark

I was playing but then halfway through the last match my Hulk Mode was activated so I went from 0-2 to 6-2 in about a minute and a half and I decided to quit before bad things happened because I dunno why but that sniper just pissed me off.

Zing

Banned
I am about to get online.

Added preyingshark to friend list.

thoughts on Recon? useful ability?
I had fun with it for a while as inkbrush and quick super jump gear. I would jump back to spawn every time I had inkstrike ready to see where to best launch it.

Your post incited me to use it again. Using quick jump gear and forge splattershot pro! Wish me luck.

Totakeke

I wanted to get my charger alt to A+ 99 in ready for the update too, I was only like 18 points away then all the charger team battles stole my soul.

Ah well. I'm starting to dislike Moray Towers and the E-Liter because it's kind of a trap. The advantage of range is too great yet hitting enemies from afar is harder and different and you kind to fall into a lull of simply missing shots then when I need to actually need to make the hits at closer range it doesn't quite work out.

J@hranimo

Banned
Recon can be pretty nifty before jumping straight into battle. I used to wear my olive ski jacket with it a lot back when I first started playing with gaf. It's not the best overall ability but it's underrated.

Now that Tower Control, and Camp Triggerfish is up, time to see how it plays.

Edit: The Range Blaster is so frustrating to fight against on that map is you're riding.

Ansatz

They nerfed the specials of my two main weapons (tentatek, gal .96), I feel so proud.

Honestly the echolocator needed a nerf, that said I would've prefered it to be of a different kind. Decreasing its duration would've led to the same change in regards to how many seconds per match you can have it active. The main effectiveness of it comes from knowing the enemy positions in the first few seconds of activating it, so it would still be a viable special.

Thing is the echolocator is not as good as it was in the early days as people tend to play in ways that it doesn't matter if you know where they are. For instance blasters and snipers do the same thing whether echo is activated or not, while rollers suffer the most because they are dependent on sneak attacks.

Inkzooka nerf sucks though, I feel like the tentatek being an all around weapon i.e. strong in many situations but not the strongest in any, needed a powerful special. Not to mention you still have to do the aiming part unlike some of the other specials that don't require skill, plus the other team have enough time to react and hide once they see my first shot.

Top Bottom