• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER: Spoiler Metal Gear Solid V (TPS) Spoiler Thread (Contains Spoilers, Thanos).

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Stryder-

Well there goes my hope of a
similar ending to MGS4 where we see David Hayter return as Solid snake in the credits and get put into a total remake of original MG
:p

similar ending to MGS4 where we see David Hayter return as Solid snake in the credits and get put into a total remake of original MG

Haha sorry, Hayter has made it abundantly clear with the "fuck you Hideo Kojima" comment that he's not in the game and is still bitter about it

I don't think anybody has beat it, and not only that but the build that journalists are playing on right now don't have the ending.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Haha sorry, Hayter has made it abundantly clear with the "fuck you Hideo Kojima" comment that he's not in the game and is still bitter about it

I think that's why no one believes it. Calling out a game director like that is not exactly the way to keep getting work when you're a VA.

Az

Might want to change the title to read SPOILER front and back, accidentally clicked on it. I ain't reading this thread.

Aurongel

Just read a spoiler mentioning that the voice actor for
....................The Boss................
was spotted at one of these review events. Saw it discussed on Reddit and 4chan. So take that with a grain of salt.

was spotted at one of these review events. Saw it discussed on Reddit and 4chan. So take that with a grain of salt.

That is irrelevant, we expect flashbacks, audio flashbacks through out the game, don't be surprised.

Oh FFS!! Leave her alone Kojima! God! She's being flanderized!

Of course this is assuming any of that is true.

In GTAV it was very blatant satire meant to show how stupid it is.

Point taken. Could be potentially very disturbing if stuff like the Chico tapes are anything to go by.

Perhaps but will Hueys torture scene get as much backlash?

Slightly less. The problem is that one Quiet is a woman so people expect the fairer sex to have it easier and two she's already controversial thanks to that god-awful outfit. At least Gamescom confirmed we can change it.

I think that's why no one believes it. Calling out a game director like that is not exactly the way to keep getting work when you're a VA.

Well it's not like he's going to need to be all that cordial with Kojima if he wants to continue working on Metal Gear after The Phantom Pain.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Well it's not like he's going to need to be all that cordial with Kojima if he wants to continue working on Metal Gear after The Phantom Pain.

True, but if he earns a rep of being a childish dick it could cost him work. Look at how long it took Terrance Howard to find a gig.

afba67b9cbec952efd26b5b30acc1ccf.png

It is lmao, and I'm hoping to god it's real.

I want this to be true.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Point taken. Could be potentially very disturbing if stuff like the Chico tapes are anything to go by.
Hopefully it's not anywhere near as poorly used and out of place as the material in the GZ tapes but i'm not holding my breath at all in that regard.

Hopefully it's not anywhere near as poorly used and out of place as the material in the GZ tapes but i'm not holding my breath at all in that regard.

You know with all the real life stories of atrocities coming out of the Middle East, the GZ tapes seem almost quaint. I didn't think they were in poor taste or exploitative, maybe Paz seemed too anime for some people but honestly it's easy to lose your mind in that kind of a situation.

The real test will be to see if TPP version of Africa is as compelling as the movie Blood Diamond

Why is everyone using spoiler tags in the spoiler thread for. ?

I am doing it because I got whined at when I posted the achievement list (despite including the word "SPOILERS" in the title). I'm assuming everyone else is doing it for the poor souls who click this thread by mistake.

Crossing Eden

Probably in case someone accidentally clicks in here

I've done that before and it sucked.
Everyone worried about accidentally clicking the spoiler thread should install the hide thread script for tampermonkey.

You know with all the real life stories of atrocities coming out of the Middle East, the GZ tapes seem almost quaint. I didn't think they were in poor taste or exploitative, maybe Paz seemed too anime for some people but honestly it's easy to lose your mind in that kind of a situation.

The real test will be to see if TPP version of Africa is as compelling as the movie Blood Diamond
They were in really poor taste because all of it was being done by a cartoonish villain with an absolutely cartoonish voice and horrible dialogue and monologues. Which doesn't in anyway pay respect to those who actually experienced that kinda shit when they were captured.

I don't think you know what that means.

I do actually.

Flanderization is when you take the more unique and noticeable parts of a character and then exaggerate those parts to such an extent that the character is reduced to a one note joke. A slightly clumsy character would be flanderized to the point he can barely walk without causing a disaster.

But yes, sorry. Used the word wrong.

Cob32

We need the folks in UAE to start their streams. I wonder if konami have delayed their shipment after the ground zeroes shenanigans.

I won't say I entirely doubt the idea of it, but has anyone actually been allowed to complete the game? I'm super skeptical of how someone has details on the epilogue already. People at this preview event are only 5-10% done the game

No, the people in the preview have only completed 5-10 percent of all available objectives (in my opinion). big difference.

But to your point, you are correct. There were reports that the ending wasn't in this build so how would we know this. Even with the ending there, I don't think anyone powered through the whole thing.

Everyone worried about accidentally clicking the spoiler thread should install the hide thread script for tampermonkey.

They were in really poor taste because all of it was being done by a cartoonish villain with an absolutely cartoonish voice and horrible dialogue and monologues. Which doesn't in anyway pay respect to those who actually experienced that kinda shit when they were captured.

Ah, I get what you mean. Yeah, Skull Face does reek of 'snidely whiplash' grade evil than a true menace or terrorist. Kojima should have dialed it down, which is weird because that's the whole theme he's been selling with GZ & TPP, they are supposed to be more gritty and serious while tackling real world issues. The tapes could have been better written.

-Stryder-

Ah, I get what you mean. Yeah, Skull Face does reek of 'snidely whiplash' grade evil than a true menace or terrorist. Kojima should have dialed it down, which is weird because that's the whole theme he's been selling with GZ & TPP, they are supposed to be more gritty and serious while tackling real world issues. The tapes could have been better written.

If MGS had better writing it wouldn't be MGS.

MGS has always had terrible writing.

Is it supposed to pay respect to those who experienced that kind of shit though? I mean, it's no less cartoonish then what the Yellow Bastard did to his victims in Sin City, and whilst disturbing it wasn't considered to be done in poor taste.

Good (Story) Ideas, Poor Execution should be tagline instead of TACTICAL ESPIONAGE ACTION
Hurts to admit it but you have to wade through tons of nonsense to get the good parts.

Also, pure speculation below:

What if the Big Boss we see is basically Vander-Shep from Mass Effect. The default face. So the bootcamp version is always default no matter how you customize him but in the retail version, when you customize Big Boss, you play as THAT face... and this makes no sense since how would anyone recognize you?

Crossing Eden

Yes they could've.

Is it supposed to pay respect to those who experienced that kind of shit though? I mean, it's no less cartoonish then what the Yellow Bastard did to his victims in Sin City, and whilst disturbing it wasn't considered to be done in poor taste.
It's a really sensitive subject, something that video games aren't exactly ready to deal with. Having a villain named Skullface, (who also wants to become a nuclear power apparently) is bad enough, the horrible dialogue makes it worse. It's so out of place in this series and does more harm than good in getting the message across imo. More on topic though, do we know what the actual confirmed spoiler is?

The writing has always ranged from acceptable (in it's own universe it exist in) to dropping info bombs. What other game are you gonna learn about Godzilla and the dangers of nuclear weapons?

It's a really sensitive subject, something that video games aren't exactly ready to deal with. Having a villain named Skullface, (who also wants to become a nuclear power apparently) is bad enough, the horrible dialogue makes it worse. It's so out of place in this series and does more harm than good in getting the message across imo. More on topic though, do we know what the actual confirmed spoiler is?

Dialogue wasn't so bad. people keep saying that but never explain why or how it's bad. And a villain named Skullface is no worse than a villain named Yellow Bastard who does the same thing.

Shy

Just a heads up, after this post all of my next posts in this thread will be without tags.
Perhaps they're... shy.
8wgn3hh.gif

I've done that before and it sucked.
You silly.
I am doing it because I got whined at when I posted the achievement list (despite including the word "SPOILERS" in the title). I'm assuming everyone else is doing it for the poor souls who click this thread by mistake.
Ahh. this is the spoiler thread so people have less of a reason to complain about those things.

Euron

Why am I still here?

Just to suffer?

Every time I play the game I'll feel it.

You'll feel it too won't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom