• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

Cmagus

So how do you
kill the thing in the basement? Do you need to shoot it or can you kill it with the axe. I was beating on it with the axe for awhile just strafing it and it knocked it down a few times but I don't think it'll kill him

steeljungle7

Neo Member
Can anyone summarize how to get where you gigglers are at?

Okay so you can play as normal to get back door key, lock pick and open drawer in kitchen in vhs to get extra lockpick in basement.

1. Go to attic and open stairs. Go to door and open in attic and grab key on nightstand in front of bed. There is ammo in a crate you whack open and behind bed. Go to right of ladder amd crouch to examine some bloody words(first clue and giggle) Grab the celluloid object behind some TVs.

2. Go to the bookshelf in front of front door and point at it.
Stay in the attic but go to hallway and go around to right ans just look at the borded up door (second giggle).

3. Go into moldy door grab ammo if you want in bathroom cabinet, bathroom drawer. Walk down hallway and grab notebook in drawer on right hand side. Use key on metal basement door. Go downstairs, theres a lockpick on the furnace. Go through door and grab valve. Done die from the thing, doesnt matter if he infects you. Point hand at body on gurney. Run back upstairs towards 2nd floor and look at a lady with a bag on her head on the stairs. Axe the shit out if her face, try holding L2 and doing as well (third giggle).

4. Go to barred door understairs and point at it. Look at mirror in hallway across from the barred door and push circle + and down on left stick while holding the gun or axe (fourth giggle).

kyan_hexagon

Neo Member
Is it possible we weren't suppose to flush the toilet until the last part?

I have a theory that the giggles don't work if you have the attic key and that the last giggle is in the basement. This means you have to fight the monster to trigger the last giggle since he only disappear s when you return with the attic key. That's the part of the game they show off with the last giggle. Combat. 1st giggle is picking up items, 2nd Google exploration, third giggle aiming, fourth giggle quick turn, fifth giggle combat.

I could be completely wrong though.

Kinsei

Banned
Since we had to hit something with the axe to get a giggle I'm wondering if we need to shoot something for the last one.

kyan_hexagon

Neo Member
So how do you
kill the thing in the basement? Do you need to shoot it or can you kill it with the axe. I was beating on it with the axe for awhile just strafing it and it knocked it down a few times but I don't think it'll kill him

I've heard a combination of axe and gun or just 10 bullets from gun. I've never killed it though. It always breaks the light and disappears when I fight it.

So how do you

did you try
using the finger
?

Wake up, open crawl space from fireplace, grab fuse, insert fuse in fuse box, go to new area, get notebook out of dresser, grab dummy finger, go to attic, grab basement keys, grab dummy hand, read writing on attic wall for first giggle, combine finger and hand, point finger and hand at fallen wardrobe underneath clock at foot of stairs, get bolt cutters and vhs, go to dead end hallway in attic for second giggle, go to basement, grab lockpick to the left at foot of basement stairs, in basement point hand at head of dead body on gurney, grab valve, press x on door until character kicks it once, then and run around monster, position body hanging in middle of room between monster and yourself, kick body and knock monster down, kick door again and escape, get gun from bathroom toilet using valve, use lockpick to get axe, face painting of lady with a bag on her head on the stairs to second floor and hold L2 with axe and do a heavy swing for third giggle, point hand at boarded up door under stairs, look at mirror just outside that room and hold back and hit circle to do a quick turn for fourth giggle, point hand at blue and white wire on ceiling of attic by bed. That's where we're at.

Thank you so much dude, you're great

The sound design is really great when wearing headphones. While I can't wait to play the full game (hard to believe it's so close), I really hope that hunting for really tiny objects in the environment won't be featured heavily in the full release.

Anyone mind catching me up? I left after the second murder spot was discovered.

Edit: Never mind, I just saw the post a few above mine.

Kinsei

Banned
Anyone mind catching me up? I left after the second murder spot was discovered.

Third giggle: Hit the picture of a woman with a bag over her head on the stairwell with your axe. We're not sure exactly what you need to get this so make sure you have all 12 bullets (11 loose and 1 in the gun) to be safe.

Third murder spot: The boarded up room under the stairs

Fourth Giggle: Go to the mirror beside the stairs and do a quick turn (down on the left stick + circle)

Fourth Murder spot: Where the blue and white wires cross together above the bed in the attic

Javin98

Banned
We still can't go outside without being family'd, right?
Nope, tried that and got familied. Interestingly, this is the only ending left where you get to see the fates of Pete and Clancy.

Third giggle: Hit the picture of a woman with a bag over her head on the stairwell with your axe. We're not sure exactly what you need to get this so make sure you have all 12 bullets (11 loose and 1 in the gun) to be safe.
I got the third giggle with only 10 bullets. The number seems to be a non factor.

Third murder spot: The boarded up room under the stairs

Fourth Giggle: Go to the mirror beside the stairs and do a quick turn (down on the left stick + circle)

Fourth Murder spot: Where the blue and white wires cross together above the bed in the attic
Cheers, all caught up now. BTW, I only had 7 bullets.

Did anyone even know there was a quick turn?

Just got the FIFTH laugh.

Look at the doll on the floor in the basement and it will trigger.

I can't believe I contributed!!
Let's solve this guys!

Was the monster there when it happened?
Nope he must have glitches out because I shot him with a couple bullets, he hit me once and I ran out of the room injured. I still am. Next time I went back down to the basement he was not there

Maybe you might need to either kill him or get injured by him for him to disappear

Javin98

Banned
Yeah, I'm starting to feel like we got trolled. I just did the VHS sequence, got the back door key and went back to the basement. I looked at the doll on the floor, aimed my gun at it and pointed at it with the hand and nada.

Edit: Nevermind, he posted evidence. Probably missing some crucial steps, then

ggx2ac

Wake up, open crawl space from fireplace, grab fuse, insert fuse in fuse box, go to new area, get notebook out of dresser, grab dummy finger, go to attic, grab basement keys, grab dummy hand, read writing on attic wall for first giggle, combine finger and hand, point finger and hand at fallen wardrobe underneath clock at foot of stairs, get bolt cutters and vhs, go to dead end hallway in attic for second giggle, go to basement, grab lockpick to the left at foot of basement stairs, in basement point hand at head of dead body on gurney, grab valve, press x on door until character kicks it once, then and run around monster, position body hanging in middle of room between monster and yourself, kick body and knock monster down, kick door again and escape, get gun from bathroom toilet using valve, use lockpick to get axe, face painting of lady with a bag on her head on the stairs to second floor and hold L2 with axe and do a heavy swing for third giggle, point hand at boarded up door under stairs, look at mirror just outside that room and hold back and hit circle to do a quick turn for fourth giggle, point hand at blue and white wire on ceiling of attic by bed. That's where we're at.

Thanks for the details. Insane that 4 things have been found.

Please try to go in detail how you've done this entire run if you can. what order you picked stuff up in, what you picked up. whats in your inventory right now etcetc

I did everything kyan said in that exact order. After that I started trying to help with the fifth laugh. Nothing was working so I thought that maybe I should try and kill the monster. He hit me once, I freaked out, grabbed the attic key and left.
After that I tried looking some more, hoping that maybe grabbing the key would have triggered something but I couldn't find anything.
That's when I decided to do the VHS sequence and finish it all. I grabbed the key for the front door, wandered some more, eventually went back to the basement, noticed the monster wasn't appearing so I started looking at the dolls.
Saw the doll on the floor, crouched, FIFTH laugh

Firecrest

Someone got a glitch in the last update where the door that is getting all the bloody handprints on it disappeared.
But all that was in there were boxes and they couldn't break them because they didn't have the axe.

Yeah... I didn't have the axe and was PISSED. But, it was more than likely a placeholder room anyway.

Keep up the good work, guys. I would've joined in the hunt, but I had work 'n all. Can't wait to see what turns up.

Javin98

Banned
I did everything kyan said in that exact order. After that I started trying to help with the fifth laugh. Nothing was working so I thought that maybe I should try and kill the monster. He hit me once, I freaked out, grabbed the attic key and left.
After that I tried looking some more, hoping that maybe grabbing the key would have triggered something but I couldn't find anything.
That's when I decided to do the VHS sequence and finish it all. I grabbed the key for the front door, wandered some more, eventually went back to the basement, noticed the monster wasn't appearing so I started looking at the dolls.
Saw the doll on the floor, crouched, FIFTH laugh
For the record, I tried crouching and looking at the doll, nothing. You must be missing something crucial. What do you have in your inventory?

Top Bottom