• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix will reveal a new console RPG that isn’t a remake in December

Falk

that puzzling face
Way before the rise of mobile, CS was also used to differentiate from arcade releases.

Most prominent example I can think of are IIDX releases. You had Arcade releases and CS (PS2) releases.

So console included handhelds?
I think calling this a console RPG is accurate enough. The term "handheld" is a truncated colloquialism of "handheld console" (as opposed to a "home console"). Within our niche, we have enough to go on with just the adjective, and so it turned into a noun over time. "Console" already underwent a similar transformation from "video game console".

I've never played a SaGa game. If I wanted to watch game play videos, what would be a good game to start with?

First one I ever played was Frontier

Not the best game but for some reason I have replayed it many times over and still hold it in some weird esteem

I think I loved it for how different it was. That game came at a time of wild JRPG creativity. I cherish it for being its own thing even if the execution was flawed

I cannot WAIT to see what they come up with for SAGA 2015

If only for the fact that I anticipate it wont be derivative of most JRPG's currently on the market

BumRush

First one I ever played was Frontier

Not the best game but for some reason I have replayed it many times over and still hold it in some weird esteem

I think I loved it for how different it was. That game came at a time of wild JRPG creativity. I cherish it for being its own thing even if the execution was flawed

Cool, thank you. I'll check it out.

Saga Series has a very weird history (or lack thereof) in the west

I think one of the Saga games was rebranded as a Final Fantasy spinoff

I remember playing a fan translation of Romancing Saga 3 on the SNES but the translation was rough, buggy and unfinished

I would really love to see them remake and reignite the series someday.

Randam

Portable console!

Yes. In Japan "console" refers to everything that's not a phone or a web browser.

I think calling this a console RPG is accurate enough. The term "handheld" is a truncated colloquialism of "handheld console" (as opposed to a "home console"). Within our niche, we have enough to go on with just the adjective, and so it turned into a noun over time. "Console" already underwent a similar transformation from "video game console".

so none of you expected a home console game?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
so none of you expected a home console game?

Not after knowing that they group home consoles and portables under the consoles group. Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread.

Saga 2015 is good for me. Don't care about platform so long as it's not a f2p with stamina bars.

Top Bottom