• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront II: First gameplay livestream coming June 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

Sleek N-1 Starfighters and Vulture Droids scream overhead spewing light and fire. Nimble AT-RT Walkers race around corners, pursued by roaring AATs. Agile Clone Jet Troopers hop from rooftop to rooftop, while rampaging B2 Super Battle Droids level everything in their path. Armies of Clones and Droids sprint across cover, their blazing weapons shattering the tranquility of the once-peaceful capital of Naboo. And at the center of the swirling melee the lightsabers and Darth Maul and Rey cut swaths through the ranks of the battling troopers.

Prepare for the Assault on Theed! On June 10 at 12:30 PM PT, Darth Maul and other cross-era heroes enter the battlefield in a massive multiplayer livestream gameplay event you won’t want to miss. You might even become part of creating it.

At EA Play, you’ll be able to watch the first-ever live gameplay reveal of Star Wars ™ Battlefront ™ II, featuring livestream of 40-player gameplay set during the Assault on Theed – one of the new multiplayer battles from the prequel trilogy. Clone Troopers will mount a desperate defense against the invading forces of the Separatist Battle Droids. Can the Republic forces stop the relentless crawl of the massive Multi-Troop Transport as it lumbers toward the palace doors?

Going hands-on before the EA PLAY doors open will be a mix of your favorite Star Wars Battlefront II Game Changers, YouTube stars, Twitch streamers, and more. From JackFrags to Darkness429, we’re bringing some of the biggest names in gaming together to fight it out on the streets of Theed.

They’ll be forming two teams of 20, led by StoneMountain64 and Neebs Gaming, to play the game in front of the world for the first time. No pressure, right?

untitledrqu27.png

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/b...ts=1496344335553&sf55254170=1&setLocale=en-us

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This sounds like a really cool map to debut with. I look forward to it.

Hope we don't have to wait too long for campaign footage though.

Newlove

I've been having a lot of fun going back to Battlefront recently. There's a lot more to do since the Hut contracts and DLC but you really need the season pass to extend your enjoyment. The Death Star is a highlight.

Can't wait! Just bit the bullet and pre-ordered this today. Told myself that I wouldn't do that orginally but it's Star Wars and there's no season pass, so they pulled me back in...

Really excited to see how they've improved multiplayer!

So do they open their press conference with this or is this after their PC like how they showed proper BF1 gameplay last year right after the show?

Wait, Rey? In charge of Clone Troopers? That's... weird. Are they not revealing the Republic hero yet or at they just going to have one hero per era and let them be chosen whenever?

I hope there will be a beta/demo of this. After I played the first Battlefront beta, I decided I had enough and didn't buy the full game. I need to evaluate this one the same way.

Although even if the beta disappoints again, I might buy at 75% off just for the campaign.

ryseing

Aww yiss. Give me them sweet PT designs.

Wait, Rey? In charge of Clone Troopers? That's... weird. Are they not revealing the Republic hero yet or at they just going to have one hero per era and let them be chosen whenever?

Heroes are apparently cross era. Yoda is in so there is at least one Republic hero that we know of.

Theed, huh? That's going to be pretty. I love how many vehicles they brought up.

Glad that heroes are cross-era. Why not? Let's have some fun.

Would be sick to have Qui Gon as a character in the game. He was a one of the few cool things from the prequel and it's liam neeson.

This actually sounds like a really smart way to do the reveal and it implies it's going to lean a lot in to Battlefield which is a good thing.

Looking forward to seeing the game in action. The last game looked so damn good, I wonder if they can make any big improvements with the graphics, especially with it running at 60fps. I expect it will probably look similar to the last game but with a few small improvements.

Hopefully they have made more improvements to the gameplay, like the vehicle handling ect, I'm sure it will be pretty awesome for Star Wars fans though.

Interesting that the heroes can cross eras. Hopefully we can do it with fighting factions at some point. The chaos of Clones vs Stormtroopers would be delightful.

I really hope they fix a lot here. Battlefront 1 was not as bad as people made it out to be, but it definitely did not hold my interest long.

Gleethor

Heroes are cross era because there is a pretty big disparity in the amount of new sequel-trilogy characters compared to the other eras

In my dreams, this game is shown and everything that was wrong with the first is fixed.

Make my dreams come true, EA. With three different studios working on this we should hopefully be in good hands...

Pizza

Heroes being cross era would have sold me if I wasn't already sold

Rebels had a pretty hard time against a competent Vader/Palpatine team in BF1 so making all heroes accessible should even the Jedi/Sith playing field some!

I really really hope Qui Gon gets in as a hero. Hell I'd be legit thrilled with Kid Annikan as a support hero

I'm real curious to see how these costumes work out! Old Ben could have the same skill set as Prequel Obi but recycle some palpatine animations for Lightsaber and force attacks

Also if they're not abandoning non-force using heroes, the Republic Commandoes would be a reeeeeally cool thing. I'd love to choose one of the four and other people on my team spawn on my position as the other three

Pizza

are they still doing the stupid token thing to get a vehicle or hero?

Nope! There are classes like the older battlefronts and it sounds like you'll earn heroes similarly to how those games worked

Zero battlefield pickups: im pretty sure you can opt to spawn into a ship instead of a person

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Sleek N-1 Starfighters and Vulture Droids scream overhead spewing light and fire. Nimble AT-RT Walkers race around corners, pursued by roaring AATs. Agile Clone Jet Troopers hop from rooftop to rooftop, while rampaging B2 Super Battle Droids level everything in their path. Armies of Clones and Droids sprint across cover, their blazing weapons shattering the tranquility of the once-peaceful capital of Naboo. And at the center of the swirling melee the lightsabers and Darth Maul and Rey cut swaths through the ranks of the battling troopers.

This is the incorrect Jedi for the era DICE.

dNCxKla.gif

est1992

One of my wishes for Battlefront was that they could do a heroes mode kind of similar to Titanfall. Have two teams of six, everyone is a hero or villain, and there's a bunch of stormtroopers and rebels running around acting as the grunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom