• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront II: First gameplay livestream coming June 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectator

One of my wishes for Battlefront was that they could do a heroes mode kind of similar to Titanfall. Have two teams of six, everyone is a hero or villain, and there's a bunch of stormtroopers and rebels running around acting as the grunts.

It's in there.

mas8705

I'd say "watch with a grain of salt," but I feel that even that would still be too generous.

Don't get me wrong, I'll watch it, but I can not trust the sequel one bit right now after the trainwreck that was the first battlefront game, and how it was such a subpar shooter game that tricked people into buying it just because it was covered up with a fancy paint job.

I hope I'm proven wrong. I loved the battlefront games and I definitely would play those again if I could.

Cross era heroes is really disappointing. That should only happen in a hero assault mode similar to the original battlefront 2. My hype further decreases.

Hope they have a bunch of stoned celebrities play like they did with BF1 last year. I was dying every time they cut to Snoop and he was firing at a wall.

I'm calling it: A beautiful, but shallow (and ultimately short-lived) game just like the first.

I'd love to be proven wrong of course.

Eggbok

One of my wishes for Battlefront was that they could do a heroes mode kind of similar to Titanfall. Have two teams of six, everyone is a hero or villain, and there's a bunch of stormtroopers and rebels running around acting as the grunts.

That's already sorta in the first EA Battlefront, I want something closer to Hero Assault from Battlefront II. Free For All and it's nothing but heros and villians on the map.

I'm calling it: A beautiful, but shallow (and ultimately short-lived) game just like the first.

Based off of the small info we have now, it already seems like a more fleshed out game. There are classes, pick up tokens are gone, there's a singleplayer, launching with space battles, it covers all eras, etc. Seems like they're working a lot harder on this this go round.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Man, other shooters must be awesome. I'm not really a shooter fan; picked up Battlefront because I <3 Star Wars, and logged like 200 hours into it with my friend.

TreIII

Alright. This is sounding more and more like a full-featured product, considering I sat out the last game.

Will keep an eye on this. And hoping for some Clone Wars/Rebels content, too.

This is the incorrect Jedi for the era DICE.

dNCxKla.gif

Somehow I doubt they'll put in Ahsoka of any form in the game and that sadddens me.

Wedzi

Banned
Very much looking forward to seeing what improvements they have made. Also looking forward to EA not holding Battlefront gameplay for ransom to get people to sit through their conference lol but the timers that kept showing up were hilarious

I feel you might actually be proven wrong this time and I'm pretty stoked about it. Everything they've said so far seems like it's going to amount to a pretty jam packed game. Criterion doing all the vehicle work, in particular, has me pumped. It's just marketing speak, but they did say (I believe in the EA investors call, correct me if I'm wrong) that this game would have three times the content of the last one.

I just hope we get enough heroes. Would love 6 per era at launch.

I'm so fucking pumped for this. Loved the first one. The second is already shaping up to be much more special, and I can't wait to see it!

Pizza

Somehow I doubt they'll put in Ahsoka of any form in the game and that sadddens me.

Since stages are free and loot boxes are probably in, I hope there's loot boxes for cosmetics and dlc for heroes

I really want robot legs maul, jedi armor obi, Ashoka, and that blue cowboy!

Kssio_Aug

I hope it features a good campaign, so I consider buying it when it gets a decent discount. BF1 is pretty expensive where I live.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Wait Rey vs Darth Maul? Heroes are cross era now?

That potentially means factions are also cross era :O

TreIII

Since stages are free and loot boxes are probably in, I hope there's loot boxes for cosmetics and dlc for heroes

I really want robot legs maul, jedi armor obi, Ashoka, and that blue cowboy!

Agreed.

If they're smart, they know fans will dig deep to get certain items, skins and characters. And hell, the story itself is basically an EU thing, so this would be the perfect opportunity to rope in certain things from TCW, Rebels and maybe a few of the recent books/comics.

Wait Rey vs Darth Maul? Heroes are cross era now?

That potentially means factions are also cross era :O

I want to get hyped on the cross era play but the cynic in me knows they'll only include heroes as cross era.

I imagine when you get enough points in a match you'll get to cash those in for a hero and you'll be able to choose from characters of any era. But I doubt you'll see a Rebels Vs. Droids situation sadly.

If heroes are cross era I hope they don't add superfluous ones like Dengar.

I'd want to see:

Republic:
Obi-Wan
Anakin
Padme
Yoda

CIS:
Maul
Dooku
Grievous
Durge

Rebels:
Luke
Leia
Han
Chewbacca

Empire:
Vader
Palpatine
Boba
Bossk

Resistance:
Rey
Finn
Poe
?

First Order:
Kylo
Huxx
Phasma
?

Now here is another idea, for some of the heroes if you use them in a different time period they get a different skin.

Obi-Wan in OT and ST: Ben Kenobi
Maul in OT and ST: Cyborg Maul
Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie in ST: Older versions
Yoda in OT and ST: Older version
Chewbacca in PT: Younger version
Palpatine in PT: Chancellor Palpatine robes
Boba Fett in PT: Jango Fett

If heroes are cross era I hope they don't add superfluous ones like Dengar.

I'd want to see:

Republic:
Obi-Wan
Anakin
Padme
Yoda

CIS:
Maul
Dooku
Grievous
Durge

Rebels:
Luke
Leia
Han
Chewbacca

Empire:
Vader
Palpatine
Boba
Bossk

Resistance:
Rey
Finn
Poe
?

First Order:
Kylo
Huxx
Phasma
?

Now here is another idea, for some of the heroes if you use them in a different time period they get a different skin.

Obi-Wan in OT and ST: Ben Kenobi
Maul in OT and ST: Cyborg Maul
Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie in ST: Older versions
Yoda in OT and ST: Older version
Chewbacca in PT: Younger version
Palpatine in PT: Chancellor Palpatine robes
Boba Fett in PT: Jango Fett

I would get so hyped if Durge was playable. Man... Setting me up for disappointment. This is pretty much the whole list I'd come up with too though. Ventress or Palpatine could easily take the place of Durge if they don't go with him (they won't :( )

I would get so hyped if Durge was playable. Man... Setting me up for disappointment. This is pretty much the whole list I'd come up with too though. Ventress or Palpatine could easily take the place of Durge if they don't go with him (they won't :( )
If they are cross era then Palps doesn't need to be a separate character for the PT and OT, rather just different skins.

Thinking about it, maybe Leia in the PT could get a Padme skin and we open up another Republic hero slot.

Gravidee

CIS:
Maul
Dooku
Grievous
Durge

Durge is not part of the canon. It's more likely that we'd see any one of the following:

Cad Bane basically replaced Durge's role in TCW so I could see them adding him as a non-force/saber user to the CIS team.

Ventress is a pretty popular character who appeared in both Clone Wars series with a large role in the CIS so I could easily see them adding her as playable.

At first you'd think that Savage would be a Darth Maul clone gameplay-wise but I think he'd be pretty different if they found a way to basically make him Donkey Kong but in Zabrak form with a double lightsaber.

If there is going to be a map for Umbara then no excuses, this guy has to be playable on it. On the Republic side of course. Heh.

I can't wait. Interesting to see cross-era heroes (and villains). I do hope that they go all-in on skins this time around, really enjoyed seeing Luke, Han & Leia change gear when on Hoth. If they can expand that system and even allow for choice, that'd be nice.

Have to say though.. interesting choice to put Rey in this showcase. It's probably intentional to highlight the cross-era thing but on the other hand I was curious if we would get to see Yoda or perhaps even QGJ for the PT heroes.

Although I do think that it's purely for the showcase as Rey and Maul are both featured on the key-art etc. From what I have heard of Lucasfilm in the past, they are very strict with this kind of thing and I highly doubt they'd agree with the cross-era thing.

Eggbok

If they include heroes, lightsaber combat has to be improved.

They've already said that the lightsaber combat has been drastically improved and that they ditched the clunky combat from the first! I'm excited to see how that goes!

So happy they aren't shying away from the Prequels. They've got some of the most interesting ideas.

Darth Maul and REY. Haha! That is weird.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I want to get hyped on the cross era play but the cynic in me knows they'll only include heroes as cross era.

I imagine when you get enough points in a match you'll get to cash those in for a hero and you'll be able to choose from characters of any era. But I doubt you'll see a Rebels Vs. Droids situation sadly.

Yeah thinking now, if cross faction was a thing they would probably show up on this stream, sigh.

Shifty

This reboot naming convention is getting real silly now. I don't keep up with EA and thought I'd travelled back in time to the OG Xbox gen or something.

Also we totally need more celebrities blazing it up, that shit was so flagrantly hilarious last time. Weed3 let's go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom