• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront II (Nov 17th, 2017, PC/XB1/PS4) trailer, info, more

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It is sad that I'm looking at this and I can't even feel an ounce of excitement for it. I'm in that camp where I really wanted the return of Battlefront to be this super big thing so that I could enjoy the game as I did back when it first came out, but all the nonsense that was strapped to the game turned me off so bad, that I was glad I rented the game for a day through redbox.

I hope to be proven wrong, and that they have learned from their mistakes.

I'm with you here, Battlefront was really shallow and i only played the beta because it was just too casual, there was no depth to it.

I hope this time they learned from their mistakes but classes is already a good start so we'll see how gameplay will turn out.

careksims

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH. Need to see actual gameplay and what modes they have. I know they have a SP this time but the last game really disappointed me.

Sentinel droids were dispatched to trusted officers with instructions as part of Operation Cinder and the wider Contingency in accordance with Palpatine's secret plan to wreck the galaxy in the advent of his death. They're featured in Shattered Empire and Aftermath.

wat?

They killed all past media cannon not that long ago and is already this convoluted? Holy shit.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
You guys forgot the droids
droid77x5r.png

Santar

Sigh
A linear story mode with no replayability was not what I wanted
I wanted the open single player modes from the first two games like galactic conquest that you could play over and over

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Single player you can play as Kylo Ren and Luke Skywalker!!

They didn't confirm it but you can bet to play as those in MP too.

evi

So glad they are sticking to 40 players, that hopefully means it will run at 60 FPS like Battlefront, and not "60 FPS" like BF1 (on consoles).

Not liking the idea of weapon modifications.
I definitely wanted more depth added to the game but weapon variants/modifications aren't exactly what I had in mind.

That said, everything else sounds great, especially moving to a class-based Multiplayer style. That's my Battlefront.

Sigh
A linear story mode with no replayability was not what I wanted
I wanted the open single player modes from the first two games like galactic conquest that you could play over and over

God I wish Galactic Conquest would come back but I'm afraid it's a pipe dream. Me and my friends still get together and play some Battlefront 2 galactic conquest every now and then, there's really nothing else like it :/

Unless they've been working on this alongside the first Battlefront I don't see how it's anything more than a Battlefield campaign or the bot matches like in the original Battlefront games. I guess they're at least bringing it to parity with the old games. Should look nice on Scorpio.

cyba89

Trailer managed to get me interested.

But I'm not a big multiplayer shooter guy and already filled my NextGen Star Wars game-itch with the first one so the big draw would be the singleplayer campaign.

It's ultimately a "wait for the reviews"-game for me.

I don't really care about Star Wars that much, haven't seen any of the new ones. But holy shit that trailer has me excited. Glad I skipped the last Battlefront.

Damn that was an awesome shot of Luke. The Dream battles in this one are gonna be great. The engine looks beautiful, hell, the first game looked great too.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
That actually looks really awesome, like holy shit awesome, that Star Wars hype. I hope the single player is good, Battlefield looked amazing and it felt a bit wasted on only Multiplayer. Good to see Dice isn't making the SP too, they for some reason have a really rough time of it, a canon story too is always a delight to hear, means both going along with current media and having future stories in the universe reference the events.

Please don't tell me they're reusing the multiplayer maps from the first game.

If they added just as many new maps, having the old ones with some updating really wouldn't bother me, more variety without having to spend time on creating them from scratch. There's only so many times you can make Hoth, so I would rather have an edited Hoth that's say a bit bigger or detailed than having one completely made from scratch for every game in the same series.

Dinda

There will be chapters where you play as other characters like Luke and Kylo.

I like that! I didn't want them to constantly switch playable characters, but to have an connected story following one character and then every now and then a mission where you play a "hero" sounds great.

Top Bottom