• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront: New Gamemode reveal tomorrow! (WOOWEE TEAM DEATHMATCH)

Fj0823

No Clone Wars or Space Battles are seriously hurting my interest on this

maybe Ill wait for the definitive edition with all the DLC

They've already announced the names for all of the multiplayer gamemodes.

Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron, Blast, Drop Zone, and Cargo.

We know what Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron are, it looks like tomorrow we will learn more about Blast, which is apparently TDM.

The renaming of modes makes me hope that Supremacy is actually Conquest. Star Wars: Battlefront without Conquest is blasphemy.

Senoculum

My absolute biggest concern is that the story campaign will solely pitch the Empire as a villain, when it is the Jedi who are truly evil.

Go clones! Or whatever remains of them...

If I remember right, Blast is supposed to be the smaller-team sized competitive mode.

"Bomb Defusal" or "Search and Destroy" to "Squad Rush" "Defuse" and now "Blast". Kinda expecting it to just be called "Boom" in Battlefield 5.

Defuse was trash. Hopefully Blast is better.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
My absolute biggest concern is that the story campaign will solely pitch the Empire as a villain, when it is the Jedi who are truly evil.

Go clones! Or whatever remains of them...
I have some good news and some bad news on the story campaign.

It's not what you think because
it doesn't exist

Good. It lets us stay away from huge maps with empty space and too much walking.

Agree. Big ass maps are cool and all but running for 10 minutes and then getting sniped from a tank is something that made me avoid conquest in Battlefield games. Especially BF4 with its horrible vehicle balance.

New mode is TDM? wow

Shocked there isn't going to be a conquest game mode, which is what the originals were based around and what DICE usually users as the focus for Battlefield.

I think the important thing is that maps are unique for each mode and not just cut down like Battlefield does.
Which also means that the reports of 12 maps at launch means 4 large Walker Assault maps (Tattoine, Hoth, Endor, Sullust), 4 small Blast maps, and 4 midsized maps for whatever else. People suspected this to be the case but some thought since DICE typically scales down maps we'd get 12 maps for Walker Assault. Oh well.

New mode is TDM? wow

Shocked there isn't going to be a conquest game mode, which is what the originals were based around and what DICE usually users as the focus for Battlefield.

They've already announced the names for all of the multiplayer gamemodes.

Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron, Blast, Drop Zone, and Cargo.

We know what Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron are, it looks like tomorrow we will learn more about Blast, which is apparently TDM.

The renaming of modes makes me hope that Supremacy is actually Conquest. Star Wars: Battlefront without Conquest is blasphemy.
We don't know yet.

majik13

New mode is TDM? wow

how do we know there isnt? They have only detailed 2 modes out of the 6? or so announced. I am guessing "Supremacy" will be conquest.

Gwarf

Banned
Chances this comes for free with the game?
Whats the over/under on $19.99?

I will be buying it all regardless

GavinUK86

There was that Close Quarters Battlefield map pack that was focused on smaller matches and I found that more fun than the regular ones so this should be interesting. Sometimes I just want to play a small TDM and not worry about massive map and vehicles.

Top Bottom