• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront teaser footage emerges, first screen, Nov 17th (PC/PS4/XB1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll probably be some sort of official forums and stat tracking. Hopefully this means DICE is done with stuffing the server browser and game launcher into a Web browser.

ironcreed

Banned
"rock your world"? I thought they wanted to "Break the Internet"
leuhkikviuri.gif

2015-04-1716_16_18-iarau3s.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi_3v-FpKFg

HariKari

I never really had any issues with Battlelog on consoles. Didn't feel like it improved or hindered my experience in any way. It was just there, so it being included or not isn't a big deal for me. Only heard nightmare stories about it on PC.

Just tried to play today, Battlelog tells me I need a new plugin, doesn't install right, can't launch from Chrome.

Battlelog mainly represents everything wrong with modern Battlefield type games, with the focus on ridiculous crap like the "skill rating" and KD whoring. It was just flat out better when those sorts of things weren't tracked publicly. Fairfight does a great job so it's not needed for cheat busting anymore. They can just cull the data needed for that on their end.

I expect the trailer to end with a hero, mainly units and then end of the trailer a hero comes along, lightsaber, slash - Star Wars : Battlefront

PSYGN

Why do people not like battlelog? I don't play Battlefield. Isn't that a stat tracking service? Does it get in your way or not work and is why people are excited that the article says it won't be coming? I would like some kind of stat tracking.

Heroman

Banned
Just tried to play today, Battlelog tells me I need a new plugin, doesn't install right, can't launch from Chrome.

Battlelog mainly represents everything wrong with modern Battlefield type games, with the focus on ridiculous crap like the "skill rating" and KD whoring. It was just flat out better when those sorts of things weren't tracked publicly. Fairfight does a great job so it's not needed for cheat busting anymore. They can just cull the data needed for that on their end.

Naw, I like to known stat ,it is cool, I sure Battlefront will have a way to them.

jelly

What's the big deal about no Battlelog ?

I'm sure they will replace it with something similar and I would be amazed if the carrot on a stick stats, unlocks etc aren't a thing in Battlefront.

HariKari

I expect quite the gap because you can pretty things up quite a bit, especially if it's not running on the actual console hardware.

If they go 30fps instead of 60, they could get better visuals than BF4, a game which struggles to run at 720p on XB1. I'm not sure why people are expecting straight magic out of DICE. You can doll up anything in advance to look good. Gameplay is what should be judged.

Xater

If they go 30fps instead of 60, they could get better visuals than BF4, a game which struggles to run at 720p on XB1. I'm not sure why people are expecting straight magic out of DICE. You can doll up anything in advance to look good. Gameplay is what should be judged.

Yup, and if they are trying to be anywhere near these graphics on consoles there no chance this will run faster than 30 fps.

I'm sure they will replace it with something similar and I would be amazed if the carrot on a stick stats, unlocks etc aren't a thing in Battlefront.

They said it was in earlier but maybe they are just making a similar service with a different name for Star Wars. Keeping it separate from Battlefield.

Steel

Banned

I don't see why anyone would want battlelog. So pointless.

And I really hope they don't go with the carrot on a stick stats, unlocks, etc.

But I'd be amazed if they weren't too....

The hype on this forum for this game is amazing. Why? Because it is Star Wars or because of the fact there has not been a third installment since 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom