• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I and many others really want an official release of restored 4k scans of the Original Unaltered Trilogy. I don't think this is too much to ask.

Those scans do not exist yet. They can, later. They just don't now.

There's a podcast all about it!

Packing. 6 hour drive in the morning. Godspeed travelers.

giphy.gif

I believe even if you can't get in the room at the convention center, other rooms in the convention center will be screening what's happening in the main hall. You'll still get the experience of being in a crowded convention hall with hundreds of other people as the panel unfolds in front of you. You just won't be in that room.

Yep. Check the website. For ex, 40 Years of SW is also in Behind-The-Scenes Stage - W304, 3rd Floor AND Celebration Stage - Chapin Theater, 3rd Floor

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Events/Panels-Screenings/Thursday/#

Boem

Any rumors going around about Filoni's new post-Rebels project? I know(?) they announced a new season for that show, so maybe that's an indication the new project is still a bit further off.

If it's a new show in the spirit of Clone Wars and Rebels, I'm guessing they'll move the timeline up to post-Jedi, pre-TFA. Or maybe even post-TFA, pre-Jedi (wait. TLJ, that is. Has the community settled on a new shorthand for those titles?).

To be honest,

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Dunno what to tell you guys.

There's no 4K scan of the original versions. They haven't done it. The 4K scan is of the 1997 SE negative, and that scan is conformed to the blu-ray cuts. It was done for the (now aborted) 3D release of the whole saga back in 2012, before the sale.

They have all the original elements. They can reconstitute a theatrical version of the original trilogy at any time. They can commission that, should they want. If they didn't have the elements, they could recreate them in a computer like they did Tarkin.

They could, and likely will, do all this stuff at some point in the future.

They just haven't done it yet. And apparently aren't in any real rush to do so. And the percentage of the audience that cares is being left to their own devices (as they have over the past decade) to create their own restorations and distribute them amongst themselves for free.

Any rumors going around about Filoni's new post-Rebels project? I know(?) they announced a new season for that show, so maybe that's an indication the new project is still a bit further off.

Pretty sure it'll get brought up on Saturday (I think that's the day the Rebels/Animation panel is done?)

Boke1879

Was hoping they'd announce a big EA panel with Hennig/Raymond in attendance but I guess no DICE.

I just don't think those games are ready to be shown yet. Seems they are a ways off.

Battlefront 2 is coming this year and this is the perfect time to announce it.

I just don't think those games are ready to be shown yet. Seems they are a ways off.

Yeah Battlefront II is happening at this for sure.

I know Visceral's title is a bit off still, but they did show brief footage of it last year. I was expected at least something here or at E3 this year.

Boem

They should probably just hire Bobby as a PR guy for the restoration project at this point, if only to explain to people why nothing's happening behind the scenes.

The guy is practically an unpaid employee of Disney already at this point
I'm such a scamp

Considering it. For some people it's no problem, but it's a lot for me. I really want to go to those panels though.

My buddy and I are doing it. We'll be there by midnight tomorrow for the 40th panel, and probably closer to 8 on Thursday for the Last Jedi panel. Go big or go home

I believe even if you can't get in the room at the convention center, other rooms in the convention center will be screening what's happening in the main hall. You'll still get the experience of being in a crowded convention hall with hundreds of other people as the panel unfolds in front of you. You just won't be in that room.

But I've got to be in that room, Bobby!

DavidDesu

We do expect the first panel to feature the new TLJ trailer don't we? They wouldn't keep that reveal for the actual Last Jedi panel would they? Only I've put myself in for absolutely killer shifts just so I can be home on Thursday in time for that opening panel...

Boem

We do expect the first panel to feature the new TLJ trailer don't we? They wouldn't keep that reveal for the actual Last Jedi panel would they? Only I've put myself in for absolutely killer shifts just so I can be home on Thursday in time for that opening panel...

Nah, if they're holding a Last Jedi panel, surely the big thing there will be the actual trailer.

I'm thinking we might get some Han Solo stuff before, just to start with something big. Not a trailer, but maybe a little behind the scenes thing with the actors talking to the audience from the Falcon. Maybe even the first in-costume thing.

And maaaaybe the Obi Wan/Boba/Whatever spinoff movie announcement.

Surfinn

Don't they usually announce a time and date for the trailer before it happens? I don't remember how they handled it for TFA.

I don't see anything on the panels, but we'll get at least a bit of new info on the Han Solo movie, right?

Can't imagine that won't get brought up on some stage or another. I remember at the 2015 Celebration there was a panel specifically for Rogue One - was supposed to also include the Boba Fett movie, but Josh Trank melted down on Fantastic Four and his appearance (and the movie) got pulled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom