• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace has been rated for PS5 and PS4, suggesting it could be added to the PlayStation Plus Classics library soon

VulcanRaven

There is a level of Tatooine where they are preparing the pod-race and I saw the audience but they were really blocks of moving images, I killed the pig soldiers in middle of the audience and some glitches and bugs happened xD.

Honest confession.... Padme Natalie Portman was my fetish at that time of my childhood,... Ufff 😆
That level was fun but it took me a very long time to finish it as a kid. It was odd that the game didn't feature actual pod-racing.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
If Sony are so inclined of releasing janky and forgotten PS1-games on their premium tier, they should release Time Commando. Way better than this Star Wars shit.

KD6gohz.png
If they weren't so shit these days they'd have the best games on there

8TMmw6S.jpg

:messenger_sunglasses:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
That level was fun but it took me a very long time to finish it as a kid. It was odd that the game didn't feature actual pod-racing.
Yes it's true.... Also that strange level where you were Panaka... Its setting was gloomy, but I liked its weapon that shot bouncing lasers.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
When it comes to retro, Sony is completely out of touch. They did drop Hercs Adventures, OG Resident Evil and Twisted Metal, which is cool, but the rest of the library is pretty meh.
Hyde, you'll never know how much it truly depresses me that this so called number one corporation can't get their own blockbuster PS1 games on a powerhouse console with ease!

Whenever I boot Wipeout, 2097, Medievil, Tunnel B1, Alien Trilogy, Loaded, Silent Hill etc etc through emulation on whatever platform it is that day, I always think, but why?

This should be Sony standard. On every console since PS2!

It's bloody ridiculous.

VulcanRaven

Hyde, you'll never know how much it truly depresses me that this so called number one corporation can't get their own blockbuster PS1 games on a powerhouse console with ease!

Whenever I boot Wipeout, 2097, Medievil, Tunnel B1, Alien Trilogy, Loaded, Silent Hill etc etc through emulation on whatever platform it is that day, I always think, but why?

This should be Sony standard. On every console since PS2!

It's bloody ridiculous.
The original MediEvil is included in the remake I think but it isn't unlocked right away.

Last edited:

CGNoire

I know this game has a bad reputation but I absolutely LOVED it as a kid, especially the chapter on tatooine with Qui Gon.
Qui Gon was my favorite character in the movie and I was happy to finally be able to play as him in this chapter, but most importantly, it felt like huge compared to the rest of the game. It felt like a mini rpg, with a dialogue choice, exploration, "open world" (lol), I don't know it really felt special back then for me. If I played it today I'd probably beat this chapter in an hour, but when I was a kid I played around in this level for weeks :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Replaying that part recently in Lego Star Wars the Skywalker Saga was amazing, it was quite the nostalgia trip, felt like a remake but with lego twist.
Came to post this same experience.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Disney dont allow it xD

Babu frik is the "Best-worst" of the new Star Wars saga.

I give you this gift Babu frick ... its a soccer ball. It is activated for you to have fun.

9811ef8dbc77230ce200134c2c2dd3a1.jpg

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Neat, it’s a game made at a time when people really didn’t know how to make 3d action games. Because of that it’s janky as hell. It there is some value there if you are a star wars fan.

sachos

I'm a bit scared to go back.
I remember playing the PC version back in the day, as a kid i kinda feared this game, it was really hard and confusing. I remember only managing to get to level 3 in Naboo and then get stuck there. Downloaded it now, easier as an adult but the clunky controls still messes me up and still get PTSD haha.

Last edited:

T-0800

I legit love how this game looks on my PS5. So low poly it looks abstract or something and it works for me. Sadly I can't handle the lack of camera control and the restarting of the level when dying.

VulcanRaven

I remember playing the PC version back in the day, as a kid i kinda feared this game, it was really hard and confusing. I remember only managing to get to level 3 in Naboo and then get stuck there. Downloaded it now, easier as an adult but the clunky controls still messes me up and still get PTSD haha.
Its hard but I often used cheats so I could play my favorite levels.

BlackTron

I also had the PC version and I think I had a lot of trouble in Naboo too, I remember AAT tanks, but I also remember walking around Tatooine a lot, that might be as far as I got

Realizing that when I was 14 I didn't have a PSX but bought computer games...yeesh. Yes, I've ALWAYS been Nintendo/PC lol. I still have some CDs in perfect shape from back then like X-Wing Alliance which I played with a Thrustmaster joystick. As an adult, I can't believe what they named some stuff back then.

lockdown2222

Neo Member
I just bought it and started playing it. Man does this game look like trash compared to what it can look like on PC. Meh. Still triggers nostalgia. But the controls still trigger my inner childhood rage.

Ivan

Those little releases serve their purpose, they bring me back for a second at least and it is somewhat surreal to see a game like this on modern system like PS5. I like this...

Sorcerer

I was wondering the whole time, how is this game going to handle the pod-racing? The answer is a jump to Anakin winning the race from what I remember. I felt so cheated.
I remember getting the PC version sometime after playing the Playstation version and how much nicer the game looked. Probably my first real experience with how superior the same game could be on the PC as opposed to console.

Last edited:
Top Bottom