• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Thread #987: I need that Obi Wan spin-off and I need it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDLink

There was a rumour a while back that Disney was interested in doing a full blown obi wan trilogy. I Don't think they would keep him on tatooine the whole time.

NimbusD

there can only be one post-ewan, pre-guinness obi-wan:

iainglenbyoi0.jpg

Sure if Ewan is dead or can't do it for some reason. Literally no reason to use him otherwise, as good as he mightve been.

jelly

It would be interesting to see how Disney would do a Star Wars film set shortly after the prequels. I've read people like the Clone Wars stuff but I really don't want to see anything like the prequels but if Disney could do something that doesn't remind me of that era so badly, I would give it a shot.

Obi Wan and Jedis need to ditch the robes though unless he is on Tatooine or somewhere similar. Annoyed me greatly.

So, in a New Hope when Vader says "I haven't felt that presence since......." in regards to Obi Wan, when was that? They can't have Obi Wan fighting across the galaxy while Vader is stomping around if he hasn't seen him since Revenge of the Sith.

SpaceWolf

Banned
So, in a New Hope when Vader says "I haven't felt that presence since......." in regards to Obi Wan, when was that? They can't have Obi Wan fighting across the galaxy while Vader is stomping around if he hasn't seen him since Revenge of the Sith.

The Star Wars universe is an unfathomably vast place which is home to billions of billions of enormous worlds. If Obi-Wan were to leave Tatooine on an emergency mission for a few days, it would be perfectly natural for Vader never to encounter him off-world.

If Kenobi were to leave Tatooine for a spin-off, I wouldn't want to see any other iconic characters, actually. The movie would have to be Obi Wan's story. That means no contrived encounters with Vader and a brand new story featuring brand new planets and original characters. I don't want the guy teaming up with Boba Fett and Watto to take down the first Death Star.

The Star Wars universe is an unfathomably vast place which is home to billions of billions of enormous worlds. If Obi-Wan were to leave Tatooine on an emergency mission for a few days, it would be perfectly natural for Vader never to encounter him off-world.

If Kenobi were to leave Tatooine for a spin-off, I wouldn't want to see any other iconic characters, actually. The movie would have to be Obi Wan's story. That means no contrived encounters with Vader and a brand new story featuring brand new planets and original characters. I don't want the guy teaming up with Boba Fett and Watto to take down the first Death Star.

No Dexter Jetster?

I'd take a Road Warrior style movie set on Tatooine where Obi-Wan wanders into a situation, helps out while trying to remain low key, then walks off into the twin sunset.

Abounder

Banned
Boba Fett will probably be a part for both Young Solo and the Obi Wan spinoff. He's just too much of a fan favorite and he's easily written in, probably disintegrated Ahsoka Tano for Vader

Lunar15

I always imagined Obi-Wan was on Tatooine that whole time, ready to pounce in case Vader ever found out about his son. He was there, meditating and talking with his old master to know how to handle the situation.

I mean, that's the thing. The prequels were already "obi-wan movies". We already got that backstory.

Fj0823

Boba Fett will probably be a part for both Young Solo and the Obi Wan spinoff. He's just too much of a fan favorite and he's easily written in, probably disintegrated Ahsoka Tano for Vader

pffft you think the guy who was defeated by a blind man

anigif_optimized-9103-1430856481-2.gif

can take on this gurl?

tumblr_ngqkfu90cH1s6fqh2o1_500.gif

She eats mandalorians for breakfast.

In my honest opinion. Boba can't carry a film alone. He needs to be paired with Solo in a cat and mouse game. That'd be awesome

As for an Obi Movie. It's McGregor or no one.

Abounder

Banned
Bringing back a live action Darth Maul would be a bold move, but you could also feature Duel of the Fates..hmm

pffft you think the guy who was defeated by a blind man

anigif_optimized-9103-1430856481-2.gif

can take on this gurl?

tumblr_ngqkfu90cH1s6fqh2o1_500.gif

She eats mandalorians for breakfast.

In my honest opinion. Boba can't carry a film alone. He needs to be paired with Solo in a cat and mouse game. That'd be awesome

As for an Obi Movie. It's McGregor or no one.

lol true that. If it happened it would have to be clumsy and sad; Vader tries to turn Ahsoka Tano to the dark side only to have Boba Fett accidentally disintegrate instead of stun while Sheev cackles

KevinCow

Banned
I'm all for more Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan, but I don't think there's a story for him between III and IV, is there? I thought the idea was he spent that time on Tatooine keeping an eye on Luke.

SpaceWolf

Banned
This is how I envision an Obi Wan film. The thrill seeking drifter.

Fun Fact: I would single handedly battle an army of a thousand Droidekas to get my hands on that statue. Alas, I was too poor at the time they were first released and now they've long since sold out.

Obi-wan in the desert has to make an uneasy alliance with feuding sand people tribes in order to fight a bigger evil.

Like Lawrence of Arabia on Tatooine.

Can you imagine?

giphy.gif

Lucasfilm, hire this man.

Serra

I pretty much prefer the OT lightsabers fights also. The prequel stuff makes it look like dancing instead of, you know, swordfighting.

Fj0823

The new Star Wars comics tell a story where Slavers try to kidnap and sell Luke among other kids only to get their sorry asses kicked by Ben.

He alsi quietly helps combat hunger on Tatooine.

A similar background would be great.

Im down, ewan Mcgreggor was one of the only good aspects of the prequel trilogy. It would even be cool to see a movie like fury road whete mcgreggor is the most important side character to another character on tattooine.

McGregor was absolutely perfect casting; the best new thing about the prequels (McDirmaid beats him but was of course in ROTJ). Disney should definitely move on this while McGregor is in a good position age-wise to front a full action/adventure movie and all that.

I hated Kenobi's characterisation in the prequels, all he did was get pissy at Anakin. McGregor with a decent script would be good, but it's not a film I would care about much, even though Obi's my favourite character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom