• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Panzar got some players

iRrbVBx.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I know this isn't Steam related, but the only other alternative I can think of is making a new thread, and I don't think it's anything interesting so as to justify doing it. I need to choose between these 3 DS games: 999, Ghost Trick and The World Ends With You. I'm only going to buy one, and they are all priced similarly, so I want to get the best one. What do you say?

Guys, I know this isn't Steam related, but the only other alternative I can think of is making a new thread, and I don't think it's anything interesting so as to justify doing it. I need to choose between these 3 DS games: 999, Ghost Trick and The World Ends With You. I'm only going to buy one, and they are all priced similarly, so I want to get the best one. What do you say?

:)

Tellaerin

Of the three, I've only played TWEWY. But I also have to say that TWEWY's probably the only game that's ever been able to make me unabashedly enjoy stylus/touch-based gameplay, which is saying something. It also had a surprisingly good story and some really interesting mechanics. So I'm going to recommend it over the others just because.

sibarraz

Banned
Winter is coming.

ss_c8b078e853b8535c51512694ba2b82ead4f02d8a.600x338.jpg

haman_croppedhaerx.png

How soon they grow up... >.>

(...and now I might have to make Sexy Haman my next avatar. Zeta Gundam deserves some love around here.)

I recently started watching the universal century timeline. Is a very good series, and my only experience was gundam wing which I enjoyed quite a lot. Can't wait to start watching z

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
So if I make my reviews public will I get a ton of dick and shovelware comments?
In the vast majority of cases, no one will care enough to click the agree/disagree button. Much less comment.

Dr Dogg

Well with all the Sleepy Dawgs talk and a nice shinny new rig I though sure why not take it for a spin. That extreme AA really wasn't broke then, it just stupidly demanding for very little gain.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
In the vast majority of cases, no one will care enough to click the agree/disagree button. Much less comment.

Code:
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Max is building an army.
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ ☻/︻╦╤─ This tank & Max are against noobs
Il███████████████████]. /▌ Copy and Paste this all over
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤.. / \ workshop if you with us

Grief.exe

Well with all the Sleepy Dawgs talk and a nice shinny new rig I though sure why not take it for a spin. That extreme AA really wasn't broke then, it just stupidly demanding for very little gain.

Enjoy it.

The sequel for Sleeping Dogs is going to be multiplayer only. The new direction Square is taking its Western properties is going to be simultaneously hilarious and horrific.

I'd like to see Transistor and Spire up for pre-order on Steam.

Two of my more anticipated 2014 Indie titles.

2014 is going to be an incredible year game related.

I haven't even been excited for hardly any game releases for the entirety of 2013. The first few months of 2014 is looking so amazing I almost can't look at that section of the calender directly.

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Code:
░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Max is building an army.
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ ☻/︻╦╤─ This tank & Max are against noobs
Il███████████████████]. /▌ Copy and Paste this all over
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤.. / \ workshop if you with us

Far be it from me to defy the will of a sentient tank.

Silly me was hoping the universe beta would be under way by the time the sales start. Can't wait for impressions or to get my hands on them. They sure as hell are taking their time with those promised controller demo vids too :p

inm8num2

I wonder when Ubi will put Valiant Hearts: The Great War on Steam as well? They announced it at the same time as Child of Light a couple months ago.

Grief.exe

This was just posted this morning on the Wasteland 2 forums. 2.5 weeks until Beta release.

Good news... Wasteland 2 beta is nearing completion (really). We feel confident of it's release within 2.5 weeks as we nail down blocker bugs and dial up messaging to make things clear. I'm really looking forward to the feedback of our beta backers. Thanks for all your patience.

Additionally, today's screen shot shows an interior view of the central complex which is heavy on atmosphere and flows much differently than the outside locale:

UAj268P.jpg

More shots:

ihNTyeGdDvvjG.jpg

ibd8OKCnpWBKmF.png

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4987

I've only played Ghost Trick and TWEWY. Ghost Trick is a great, gorgeus game, but TWEWY is the best game on the DS, period, and I say this as a Nintendo fan.

Also, DAT Soundtrack. I've never bought a game soundtrack before and I own even the remix albums!

Grief.exe

Bumping this for the next page.

This was just posted this morning on the Wasteland 2 forums. 2.5 weeks until Beta release.

Good news... Wasteland 2 beta is nearing completion (really). We feel confident of it's release within 2.5 weeks as we nail down blocker bugs and dial up messaging to make things clear. I'm really looking forward to the feedback of our beta backers. Thanks for all your patience.

Additionally, today's screen shot shows an interior view of the central complex which is heavy on atmosphere and flows much differently than the outside locale:

UAj268P.jpg

More shots:

ihNTyeGdDvvjG.jpg

ibd8OKCnpWBKmF.png

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4987

I've only played Ghost Trick and TWEWY. Ghost Trick is a great, gorgeus game, but TWEWY is the best game on the DS, period, and I say this as a Nintendo fan.

Also, DAT Soundtrack. I've never bought a game soundtrack before and I own even the remix albums!

Nintendo's output on the DS was quite lackluster if you think about it.

Damn Rionaa! That is a tough decision.

Keep in mind all 3 have iOS releases. I would personally prefer to play them on the 3DS, and I don't even have an iOS device, but just putting the info out there.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Market prices in the inventory: coming soon to a TF2 / DotA 2 / CS:GO inventory tab near you.

BANuL3t.png

JaseC

Thank you Grief, I might not be able to get this Day One but it's one game I really want to get it, it's the perfect fit for a PC, can't wait.

The game looks great, but I've grown disinterested towards backing successful Kickstarters (or those that are on track to be successful) as there's no guarantee that the DDE tiers will make it on Steam and I don't really want to pay $10 or more for the goodies if they're not going to be considered DLC. Project Eternity was the last project I backed, though I had to pull out at the last minute as I'd forgotten about it and consequently overspent on Steam that week.

I might as well join the fun.

<3

Dr Dogg

Enjoy it.

The sequel for Sleeping Dogs is going to be multiplayer only. The new direction Square is taking its Western properties is going to be simultaneously hilarious and horrific.

Hahaha oh I've already finished it, twice! Though it is nice to playthrough it all again at 60fps now that my creaky old rig is retired.

Yeah SE western studios new direction combined with their own iOS tendencies and that Twitter comment today from Avalanches head doesn't inspire me with confidence.

You mean the same GOG version (which is the retail version) that has been steadily supported by fans for well over a decade?

Yes, that one.

By January 1st Steam will have sold more of BG1+2 than GOG did in a decade. Welcome to the PC market, enjoy your stay.

GOG has a community and mod support. That's cool. So does EE, and all the best mods have already been ported over and new projects are popping up besides.

I think it's funny seeing the 2-3 people here on NeoGAF recommending people avoid the Steam version of Baldur's Gate and go to GOG. It honestly reminds me of the "old man yells at clouds" pic from the Simpsons.

rtcn63

I started FEAR 1 on Hard, and I'm getting my butt handed with creme fresh. Not use to MS/K, I tried binding to a gamepad, but there just aren't enough buttons to map all the stuff I'd need.

jediyoshi

Market prices in the inventory: coming soon to a TF2 / DotA 2 / CS:GO inventory tab near you.

BANuL3t.png

Considering how stingy I am, I imagine I'll stick look up prices. Every now and then there'll be some single person who undercuts the rest of the prices by >10 cents or something. Will the View Marketplace link to that specific item's marketplace page?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Considering how stingy I am, I imagine I'll stick look up prices. Every now and then there'll be some single person who undercuts the rest of the prices by >10 cents or something. Will the View Marketplace link to that specific item's marketplace page?

Yes, the link will open the market page for that item in a new tab.

JaseC

Yeah, I have most of them on GOG, but would certainly double dip on EE ports of them.

Atari was, yonks ago, going to release the original Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale games as well as Temple of Elemental Evil (Valve employees own them), but for whatever reason they never went up on the store and Hasbro has been sitting on its hands since. :(

Thanks JaseC for Weird Worlds.

No worries!

denx

I started FEAR 1 on Hard, and I'm getting my butt handed with creme fresh. Not use to MS/K, I tried binding to a gamepad, but there just aren't enough buttons to map all the stuff I'd need.

Are you playing on Hard or Very Hard? I'm playing in Hard and haven't had much problems.
except for some mechs equipped with rocket launchers later in the game
My rule of thumb while playing is, if in doubt, use slow motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom