• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Recap of current Steam activated deals:

[Amazon]
[Gamefly] - use code GFDJUN20 or GFDJUN20UK for an additional 20% off
[Gamersgate] - use code elder-geek.com for an additional 5% off
[GetGames]
[GetLoadedGo]
  • Bethesda - 2 for $15
    • Brink
    • Dishonored
    • Doom 3 BFG
    • Fallout 3: GOTY
    • Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Pack
    • Hunted: The Demon's Forge
    • RAGE
    • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY
    • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY Deluxe
[GMG] - use code GMG20-6WUSQ-LBC4U for an additional 20% off
[Groupees]
  • Build a Bundle 6 - $0.75 - $5.25
    • Dynamite Jack
    • Freedom Fall (Greenlight)
    • Memento Mori (?Steam?)
    • Numen: Contest of Heroes
    • Off-road Drive
    • Space Ark
[Humble Bundle]
[Indie Gala]
  • Indie Gala June - $1.00+
    • Pirates of the Black Cove
  • Indie Gala June - $3.56+
    • Aquanox
    • Painkiller: Overdose
    • Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection
    • Vessel
  • Indie Gala June - $5.87+
    • A New Beginning Final Cut
    • Aquanox 2: Revelation
    • Crusader Kings Complete
    • Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
    • Star Ruler
    • Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition
[IndieRoyale]
  • The Chosen 2 Bundle - $4.69
    • Breath of Death VII
    • Cthulhu Saves the World
    • Eufloria
    • Really Big Sky
    • Runespell: Overture
[Nuuvem]

iavi

I'm not particularly concerned about Halo showing up on Steam, but I'd like for someone at Microsoft to spend five minutes sending Valve the DD version of Gears' PC port. Bonus points would be awarded if GFWL were patched out in favour of Steamworks.

This. This. This. Same thing with Arcsys and Blazblue. There's a version on the Win8 store, but ehhhhhhh

NV is more polished in many areas, but it has nowhere near the wow moments that FO3 has. lol I found so many crazy things in FO3 that it was a blast sometimes just to watch the other NPCs react to each other. I personally recommend FO3 over NV, but I realize I'm in the minority on this one.
brofist

Exeunt

[GMG] - use code GMG20-6WUSQ-LBC4U for an additional 20% off
Deus Ex: GOTY - $1.74

Oh, I've been waiting for this. The 20% voucher doesn't stack with the daily deal though. Oh well. It'll likely be the same price on Steam during the summer sale, so no harm in buying it now.

Beth Cyra

Is Ridge Racer Unbound any good? I played the hell out of RR6, in fact it was really what brought me into the Wii/360/PS3 Generation.

Would have grabbed Hotline Miami, but I don't feel like creating a Gamefly account.

zkylon

zkylewd
NV is more polished in many areas, but it has nowhere near the wow moments that FO3 has. lol I found so many crazy things in FO3 that it was a blast sometimes just to watch the other NPCs react to each other. I personally recommend FO3 over NV, but I realize I'm in the minority on this one.
I get what you mean, but reading the words polished and new vegas in the same sentence is a once in a liftetime sight

also I dunno what you mean by wow moments but I'm sure if you answer I'll disagree since I hate that game's guts :D

it's kinda amazing how I'm completely repulsed by one game and enamored with another when they both play and look more or less the same. goes to show how much core design developers can put in nuances and details (and writing :p).

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Is Ridge Racer Unbound any good? I played the hell out of RR6, in fact it was really what brought me into the Wii/360/PS3 Generation.

Would have grabbed Hotline Miami, but I don't feel like creating a Gamefly account.

I really like Ridge Racer Unbounded BUT it's not a Ridge Racer game in the slightest. It's a Bugbear game at heart (the same guys who made the excellent Flatout games) and it's also much more difficult compared to other Ridge Racer games. But yeah, basically as a racing game I really liked it but as a Ridge Racer game it's not like the series in the slightest. If that's what you want, just replay RR6 or an earlier Ridge game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So how's Trials Gold?

steam://install/228860

Here's some quick and dirty screenshots I took.

a5JD1L1l.jpg

BfV6Bvcl.jpg

u2wdFIWl.jpg

Its a preview on what we might be getting.

Don't tease us with those glorious examples of what games look like on PC!

Just beat Bioshock 2. Was pretty pleasantly surprised with how awesome a bookend it was to the first game. While it may never be considered the best in the series, it's probably the funnest game in the series to play. Bioshock 2 easily has the best combat in the series.

Bioshock 2's story integrates itself well and compliments the story of the first, they did an awesome job of injecting all of these new characters and new story into the lore of Rapture. You even get to visit numerous locations mentioned in the lore of the first Bioshock that you never got to see like The Little Sisters Orphanage or Fontaine Futuristics, which I thought was pretty cool. I was kind of dreading a retread of all the old environments from the first game but instead they just fleshed out more of Rapture and did a pretty awesome job of it.

They did an excellent job of paying homage to the first Bioshock.

Edit: I think I'll install and play through Alan Wake next.

Bioshock 2 is legitimately great. I ended up enjoying it more than the original because of the emotional core to the story. Whenever it finally hits Steam, I highly recommend the Minerva's Den DLC which is even better and considered to be the best piece of Bioshock content by people with good taste.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Scrolls is so addictive.

What do you think of the game Xelios?

I've been winning a lot, which makes me want to play more. But losing one just makes me want to play more so I learn from my mistakes.

I really like it, definitely worth the price. I haven't played MP yet though, just been doing the challenges solo to learn how everything works and improve my deck a bit before I start attempting ranked where I'll probably get destroyed. Thanks for letting me know it was in open beta.

Beth Cyra

I really like Ridge Racer Unbounded BUT it's not a Ridge Racer game in the slightest. It's a Bugbear game at heart (the same guys who made the excellent Flatout games) and it's also much more difficult compared to other Ridge Racer games. But yeah, basically as a racing game I really liked it but as a Ridge Racer game it's not like the series in the slightest. If that's what you want, just replay RR6 or an earlier Ridge game.

Alrighty.

Yeah I was just looking for a Ridge Racer 6/7 like experience on PC. Thanks for the info!

Acorn

Fucking fat Derek in Mafia 2 made me ragequit. I completed it back when it released on 360 after ragequitting for a month because of that molotov throwing cunt.

Argh!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Fucking fat Derek in Mafia 2 made me ragequit. I completed it back when it released on 360 after ragequitting for a month because of that molotov throwing cunt.

Argh!

The warehouse at the dock? You can park a car halfway into the door so that you can just run back outside after the boss fight starts supposedly.

I beat him legit on hard on a controller and it really pissed me off.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't browse GAF in 3 days and this thread gets 25 new pages. No way I'll ever read it all :(

EDIT: I almost forgot, GAF's face totally changed too in that timeframe. What's going on? I don't even understand what's happening anymore.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Most appropriate typo ever.

It's nowhere near as good as the first 3 (Yes SS2 is better)

I hear Morningbus coming from down the hall right now

EDIT: haha he beat me to the punch
Being beaten in the balls with a cactus is better than SS2. SS3 is basically just a prettier version of SS1.

The warehouse at the dock? You can park a car halfway into the door so that you can just run back outside after the boss fight starts supposedly.

I beat him legit on hard on a controller and it really pissed me off.

I wish I'd thought of that. The back left corner under his office was a decent recovery spot though, the flames couldn't reach.

cicero

I've bought 3 emoticons (
330x192
330x192
330x192
) and I don't even do the card thing yet!

Those are going to keep bumping back up in price as the numbers available for sale drop, then people who got them cheap will notice and try to cash in while bottoming out the prices, and then the process will repeat. emoticons that have a common well-known meaning or that are well done are going to do better than those that don't.

HoosTrax

I think I've lost track of the number of ways I've managed to accidentally kill myself in the couple of hours I've played Magicka :|

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Is Serious Same 3 worth it for $6.50?

Yep Serious Sam 3 is great, it would be my favourite SS game after First and Second Encounter. Starts off a bit too slow for my liking (especially the first 2 levels) but picks up relatively quickly. Cool game, enjoy messing with the mods for it too. I really do hope with SS4 though they leave Egypt behind though and actually go to different locations, I've seen enough fucking sand in an SS game to last me a lifetime.

Just beat Bioshock 2. Was pretty pleasantly surprised with how awesome a bookend it was to the first game. While it may never be considered the best in the series, it's probably the funnest game in the series to play. Bioshock 2 easily has the best combat in the series.

Bioshock 2's story integrates itself well and compliments the story of the first, they did an awesome job of injecting all of these new characters and new story into the lore of Rapture. You even get to visit numerous locations mentioned in the lore of the first Bioshock that you never got to see like The Little Sisters Orphanage or Fontaine Futuristics, which I thought was pretty cool. I was kind of dreading a retread of all the old environments from the first game but instead they just fleshed out more of Rapture and did a pretty awesome job of it.

They did an excellent job of paying homage to the first Bioshock.

Edit: I think I'll install and play through Alan Wake next.

I also just beat Bioshock 2 last night. Overall I found the level design to be far more consistent from beginning to end. Nothing really reached the highs of a Fort Frolic but there were really no low points in the level design. The story wasnt quite as interesting and by the end of the game I wanted Lamb to shut fuck up. Her constant interruptions to chide me grew extremely tiresome.

Better selection of weapons didnt really help the combat as it felt as lifeless as the combat in Bioshock 1. Really bothered me that I wasnt able to manually set the order of my weapons and plasmids the way I wanted so I could scroll through them in the order I wanted.

It was very interesting to see that Bioshock Infinite had borrowed the "daughter as savior" angle from Bioshock 2. A lot of similar scenery as well with alters to the daughter found throughout the game.

I was going to move on to Alan Wake as well but now it would just feel a little weird :D

ShaneB

Didn't see this news posted about Pinball Arcade.. wish I had backed this now. lol

Source

PC/Steam: Since our Steam Greenlight several months ago, we’ve been hard at work creating a Steam version of the Pinball Arcade. We’re happy to announce that the first Beta build of the Steam platform was released to internal test this week! We will be conducting a closed public Beta of the Steam version in July- if you are one of our Kickstarter backers entitled to Beta access on the PC platform, watch your email for information on how to get access! We are targeting an August release for the Pinball Arcade on Steam with all of the current table packs available.

KingKong

only time AWP is annoying is on those servers that give everyone 16k every round or let them pick weapons

but I only play matchmaking so its fine, use a smoke :>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom