• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
ehh, i didn't really find the locations any of that

i honestly think fo3 is lame af in every aspect of its existence with the sole exception of being the catalyst for new vegas' development

well u know me

i always take every chance i get to put dumbos in their places

You're the dumbo for liking LoL though, you know dis. The only reason to like it is the animu

And what do I say? I say fuck animu!

<3

edit: And I mostly agree, though I think some of the quirkyness in FO3 is nice and funny, but it really has nothing on NV for me.

There are a lot of reasons.

Too high of a launch price.
5 month exclusivity to Wii U.
PC Launch Exclusivity to Humble Bundle.
Little promotion and hype around its eventual release.

The days of plopping down your indie game and making a small fortune are long over.

The generic re-branding from Stealth Bastard to the PSN/eShop-friendly Stealth Inc on top of losing the awesome pixel stylings of the first for some generic looking 3D character models in the sequel didn't exactly help either.

L.O.R.D

about mighty gunvolt
i have it on my 3DS , however , there is new DLC with 4 new levels
is the new DLC for mighty gunvolt in steam ?

dex3108

Steam is drunk again

x1zv4BK.png

zkylon

zkylewd
No you're right. So what if Adventure had been called something else? Like, what if it had been named something on this page instead?
well like a lot in videogames i think it just stuck because it stuck and there's not much more to it

adventure is inviting, a roguelike sounds cool and i dunno sylogisms are a nice thing for parents to look confused at i guess

it's arbitrary because it's a result of ppl figuring out things as they built them, kind of why early console games were difficult just because videogames at the time were difficult by default so arcades could squeeze the most quarters out of kids or whatever. there was not much of a reason for nes games or whatever to be hard too, but that ppl did things like that because u know, that's how things were done

so i'm guessing these names were pretty much selected in the same way, someone threw a name out and it stuck and other ppl used it because it's the name that's used and that's it

Genres work a lot better in other mediums because there's only one way you partake in those mediums. You listen to music, you read books or have them read to you, you watch movies. The genre describes the content.
i dunno, i've heard tons of complaints about movie and music genres in particular. i have a musician friend that's always ranting how he hates that because it's just a billion genres that don't really say shit, and personally i find myself having to explain a lot about movies despite of genre. like i can't tell you the times i've had to be like "it's not actually haha funny but it's a comedy in the way it presents things" and whatnot

Video games, I dunno exactly how best to replace the current genres but at the least you'd need to separate content and mechanics. I'm sure we could think of something but I don't think people care enough.
i'm don't really agree to separating content and mechanics, like what benefit would that have. like give me a few examples

i think if anything games should be considered more and more hollistically rather than splitting it into aspects like an ign review or something, i think what's really special about games is what game mechanics do when paired with the context of its content/story/themes/whatever. so like ico and dark souls and whatnot.

i dunno if i'd like to be like comedy fantasy rpg or something lol, or at least i dunno if that'd be better than where we are now

Eila

I bought Gunvolt on a whim with card money, but I didn't even read if it's actually better than the 3DS version. Anyone tried the PC version yet? I like the 3D effect on 3DS.

zkylon

zkylewd
You're the dumbo for liking LoL though, you know dis. The only reason to like it is the animu

And what do I say? I say fuck animu!

<3
it's a good reason to like something i'd say, did i mention they added 5 new metal gear rising inspired skins to celebrate mgs5 release? :>

edit: And I mostly agree, though I think some of the quirkyness in FO3 is nice and funny, but it really has nothing on NV for me.
yeah i disagree, but won't hold it against ya

it's way easier to be friendly towards fo3 now that new vegas exists

now the cool thing is to hate on fo4 in hopes there's a new vegas 2 down the line

Caerith

You realize that 95% of Fallout New Vegas was lifted from a drunken night of watching Outer limits reruns?
I'm not the one complaining about there being too many pop culture references. I just think it's silly to complain about them in the same breath as defending a game made up entirely of pop culture references.

i dunno, i've heard tons of complaints about movie and music genres in particular. i have a musician friend that's always ranting how he hates that because it's just a billion genres that don't really say shit, and personally i find myself having to explain a lot about movies despite of genre. like i can't tell you the times i've had to be like "it's not actually haha funny but it's a comedy in the way it presents things" and whatnot
Oh you mean like the various "wave" genres? That's usually just marketing ploys, isn't it?

i'm don't really agree to separating content and mechanics, like what benefit would that have. like give me a few examples

i think if anything games should be considered more and more hollistically rather than splitting it into aspects like an ign review or something, i think what's really special about games is what game mechanics do when paired with the context of its content/story/themes/whatever. so like ico and dark souls and whatnot.

i dunno if i'd like to be like comedy fantasy rpg or something lol, or at least i dunno if that'd be better than where we are now

Okay, an example of separating content and mechanics would be like in first person shooters. You should be able to go on Steam and look at shooters and then filter by content-- maybe you just want WW1 shooters, and aren't interested in space shooters or westerns or arena shooters or whatever. Or maybe you just want games about WW1 in general so you filter by content and then it shows you Valiant Hearts and games with different mechanical genres even if the content's similar.

zkylon

zkylewd
Senpai finally noticed me&#9829;
yea already bought the ahri skin :>

Whaaaaaa?

It's been forever since I played, but that is pretty sweet.

that's raiden fiora, metal gear ray zed i guess, or something like that, im now well versed in metal gear stuff

three more at the link: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/08/825-pbe-update.html#more

there's an old skin also thats based on jetstream sam from revengeance from the same skin line but i couldn't quickly find a picture with hotlinking

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 62 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Helldorado -- MB-E81A8AC5099815BC - Taken by Mikaju. 10 entrants total.
Squarelands -- MB-244DE51AA03CC000 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 4 entrants total.
Dustoff Heli Rescue -- MB-F73F381E1B152763 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 5 entrants total.
A Story About My Uncle -- MB-1180C0F8688D2405 - Taken by fspm. 18 entrants total.
Not the Robots -- MB-1064CBAC2DC193E7 - Taken by Stronghammer22. 1 entrants total.
Immune -- MB-FD54F3A71704D6C6 - Taken by Sheik. 5 entrants total.
Bermuda -- MB-0DBFBF40133B9D4B - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
Shin Samurai Jazz -- MB-CC7AA9A45011B258 - Taken by Hektor. 1 entrants total.
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-F3EFDDB0284781EF - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 4 entrants total.
Beatbuddy Tale of the Guardians -- MB-D38441F8BEEB8C82 - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
The UnderGarden -- MB-C6F2C84766C2C255 - Taken by Haunted. 2 entrants total.
Freedom Fall -- MB-81EC6E92E151D8E3 - Taken by gurm3n. 3 entrants total.
Greed Black Border -- MB-9AEE8677121C122B - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.
Viktor -- MB-5116867548B493FE - Taken by Vlad. 7 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-69AE892A5B575731 - Taken by SalsaShark - Taken by Jawmuncher
Strata -- MB-C7B128BFAFEEB747 - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
Dark Raid -- MB-1B4B7A73E0366D43 - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
Make it Indie -- MB-E9B4461CFE6B94A5 - Taken by Belgarion. 3 entrants total.

Abyss Raiders Uncharted -- MB-13D1EE811C3C41DB - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
8-Bit Adventures The Forgotten Journey -- MB-6A5BCEEC87489E0F - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 2 entrants total.
Governor of Poker 2 Premium Edition -- MB-F4D9CBDE85212A59 - Taken by princegumby. 2 entrants total.
Stellar 2D -- MB-BC88B0CEEAABF915 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Incognito -- MB-991A18350F6C27CF - Taken by fuzzy123. 3 entrants total.
Poker Night 2 -- MB-0685DBB9BBDD088B - Taken by someguyinahat. 17 entrants total.
Amygdala -- MB-E8E47BB911996065 - Taken by nightstorm. 3 entrants total.
Dead Bits -- MB-36E9492D055405CB
Zafehouse Diaries -- MB-3A0BB7691C6A460F - Taken by bkw. 4 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats #2 -- MB-2472AC6070AD3D72 - Taken by fertygo
Monster Loves You! -- MB-6F60FDF45BBE166E - Taken by Kurt Russell. 6 entrants total.

Cold Contract -- MB-2FD44503BC8CE7BD - Taken by Eila. 2 entrants total.
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-1C9A3E48AF59D537 - Taken by xGreg. 2 entrants total.
Crimsonland -- MB-C698B38C44918490 - Taken by iosefe. 6 entrants total.
Chernobyl Commando -- MB-2437C6F306B88B5F - Taken by NingenJanai. 2 entrants total.
Power-Up -- MB-2ED544FAF82AB9B1 - Taken by Mixed2k. 1 entrants total.
Desert Thunder -- MB-D6A64898D75604D9 - Taken by jgalat. 2 entrants total.
Sentinel -- MB-65F4182241C474C7 - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.
Boot Hill Heroes -- MB-1576BDB6D0E770FD - Taken by darkchewie. 7 entrants total.
Fotonica -- MB-B11E3F5C260D0DBF - Taken by XDDX. 8 entrants total.
Shiny the Firefly -- MB-5F40BECEDCF53236 - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.
Ravensword Shadowlands -- MB-A59618E4C819982F - Taken by Tenrius
CT Special Forces Fire for Effect -- MB-3B1402DEC2E749A8 - Taken by Javier23. 2 entrants total.
Seep UNiverse -- MB-A0272D82D2133F19 - Taken by Saty. 3 entrants total.

Hyper Fighters -- MB-9BC3A21B6D258A94 - Taken by xGreg. 4 entrants total.
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West -- MB-86FD2E9118AEDA36 - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Namariel Legends Iron Lord Premium Edition -- MB-34D03901AFEEC111 - Taken by someguyinahat. 2 entrants total.
Poof -- MB-6245AE45F7C8C485 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Storm over the Pacific #2 -- MB-F3F8C5581802DFAE - Taken by Belgarion
Crow -- MB-4E2DAC6777BA51BF - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
An Imp? A Fiend! -- MB-E82F9597F03BA255 - Taken by Ozium. 2 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-0C144C1B8A22C2F2 - Taken by fertygo. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Chicken Shoot Gold -- MB-73262B4934C03AAF - Taken by anastef
xheRJRF.gif
One Day for Ched -- MB-31567B7F9E0FF98D - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
Sea Legends Phantasmal Light Collector's Edition -- MB-CC8DA46C495782FE - Taken by drakaenae. 3 entrants total.
Unhack -- MB-4796219C7ED229FF - Taken by dot. 2 entrants total.
samurai_jazz -- MB-F4FDF2058322C105 - Taken by trailmix16. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Damnation -- MB-0661492CBFC581A2 - Taken by Chreznor. 1 entrants total.
Godus -- MB-D8F02FF6554F6924 - Taken by Popstar. 5 entrants total.
Real Warfare 1242 -- MB-6184C733EEDE87B6 - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.
Indie Assault -- MB-F1A8452E33A5F676 - Taken by Hektor. 1 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-C77185B3CA869C7C
Undead Shadows -- MB-98CC49B6B636AB84 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
AIR GUARDIANS -- MB-1B54D96A865BABEB - Taken by Hektor

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Not the Robots was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The UnderGarden was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Greed Black Border was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Bad Rats was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dark Raid was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Make it Indie was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Incognito was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dead Bits was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Bad Rats #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Cold Contract was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Strategic War in Europe was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Note: The key you added for Chernobyl Commando was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Power-Up was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Desert Thunder was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Sentinel was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Shiny the Firefly was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ravensword Shadowlands was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for CT Special Forces Fire for Effect was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Hyper Fighters was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Storm over the Pacific #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Note: The key you added for Vanguard Princess was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Chicken Shoot Gold was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for One Day for Ched was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Real Warfare 1242 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Gun Monkeys was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Undead Shadows was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for AIR GUARDIANS was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1440795922z1.png

Shahadan

Has someone here preordered MGS V on nuuvem? I wondered if they gave the GZ key right away.
nearly 10€ difference is making me hesitate.

NotSelf

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NotSelf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut -- MB-ED3FB1EECA197F1C - Taken by Mixed2k. 1 entrants total.

t1440793343z1.png

Hello dudes I heard some of you are excited about some metal game.

Deitus

that's raiden fiora, metal gear ray zed i guess, or something like that, im now well versed in metal gear stuff

three more at the link: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2015/08/825-pbe-update.html#more

there's an old skin also thats based on jetstream sam from revengeance from the same skin line but i couldn't quickly find a picture with hotlinking

Ah, looks awesome. Too bad I'm much too cheap to buy costumes in LoL. I mean I don't mind throwing some money towards a free game if I like the game enough, and I spent plenty of hours with that game back in the day. But I just can't justify $10 for a costume, even if I was still playing.

In other news, now that I have Ground Zeroes on a third platform, I guess I'll be spending the weekend unlocking everything in it to transfer to Phantom Pain when it releases.

Jawmuncher

Grats. For some reason Steam didn't award me with the "information" achievement despite finding all the tapes and busting my ass off to clear all ops on hard for the last tape :mad:
GZ is kind of dumb with that and you have to beat the mission the cassette is on. So no grabbing and quitting, even though it saves it. So if you did it last, running through the mission and finishing the one you didn't do should work.

I've bought Jurassic Park with that humble make it bundle deal, munchie will be proud of me

why

Game is better than it gets credit for. So long as you don't mind QTEs.

CNhaWApU8AAW0FA.jpg:large

via wario64

lmao

Now I know why it has the negative reviews.

L.O.R.D

what the point of the other screen if you can't even touch it ?
many 3DS games also been on Vita like Zero Escape is one screen on vita
why they can't make this game on 1 screen ?
heck , they manged to port the world end with you to ios and make it on 1 screen
and it was better

Corpekata

Banned
I really don't know what you guys expected from a 3DS port. This is exactly what I expected it to look like.

Yeah. Though if the bottom screen is just selecting weapons or moves, I'd hope there's a way to remove it altogether since it appears to be mapped to keyboard keys anyway.

Yeah. Though if the bottom screen is just selecting weapons or moves, I'd hope there's a way to remove it altogether since it appears to be mapped to keyboard keys anyway.

It is just selecting weapons and such it is also a menu but that could be put on one screen.

That said I didn't expect any work to be put in on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom