• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2016 - Good job doing previous stuff, let's do new stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

Doing the card glitch now after idling 120 games today. It seems to be better to idle more games first before switching games. Less painful :)

Tizoc

o_O
Did I accidentally uninstall Mankind Divided? Could've sworn I just left it installed on my ex hdd @_@
Ah well will start dling it and Dishonored soon.

Arthea

Artheas passion for Arcanum has made me realize that I really need to play it. Back in the day I saw super hyped for it, me and all my friend, but the release was quite buggy so I never got around to actually playing it.

I've read that a lot about Arcanum but really it's not even half as buggy as people insist it is, or I got really lucky with it, because I hardly had a problem worth mentioning and even less after the patch, like none at all.

edited: not sure how it runs on win10, though

Arcanum is one of my favorite W-RPGs of all time. It's so well written and gives the player an insane amount of liberty and possibilities. And I'm not speaking from nostalgia as I only played the game for the first time last year.

otoh you Professor, are my friend!
thanks, I felt so alone in my Arcanum fanclub.

derFeef

I don't have much memories of Arcanum and I am not sure I finished it. But I remember that I loved the setting and characters.

Lomax

I think Arcanum was my No Man's Sky. It seemed like everything I could ever possibly want in a video game, I followed the development obsessively, and then it released and it just wasn't up to par. Maybe it was the bugginess, maybe it was them trying to do way too much (and me imagining it to be even more than that), but it was a huge let down to me.

Of course, it still wasn't even close to the most broken game I ever played on release, that title still belongs to Fallout 2.

Afro

I don't have a big issue with load times in Obduction on a mechanical drive. I do get periodic hitches, though, which are very annoying. Often over 100fps on ultra and the game will just stutter when I am walking around.

I actually refunded the game b/c of the hitching. I'll re-buy it one day if they sort it out, but it's really bad atm. One of my most anticipated, too.

Monooboe

I've read that a lot about Arcanum but really it's not even half as buggy as people insist it is, or I got really lucky with it, because I hardly had a problem worth mentioning and even less after the patch, like none at all.

edited: not sure how it runs on win10, though

Ah yeah I'm sure it runs much better now. We tried to get it to work properly for a week maybe during release and we gave up. Some of my friends did go back to it and said good things but I had already moved on to other games. Though I did download it right now and will give it a genuine go this evening.:D

gelf

Game devs if your going to include directinput support in your game can you please ensure that every function in the game is remappable including for using menus. I decided to take advantage of that Bundlestars MKX offer and discover yet another game that doesn't let you change the start button. The game reads the start button on my Saturn pad as the back button meaning I can't pause the game or even quit the training mode and there's no way of changing it. Currently I'm dicking about with x360ce to try and find a fix for this.

Guilty Gear Xrd also had this problem.

Arthea

I think Arcanum was my No Man's Sky. It seemed like everything I could ever possibly want in a video game, I followed the development obsessively, and then it released and it just wasn't up to par. Maybe it was the bugginess, maybe it was them trying to do way too much (and me imagining it to be even more than that), but it was a huge let down to me.

Of course, it still wasn't even close to the most broken game I ever played on release, that title still belongs to Fallout 2.

weird how that goes, it exceeded my expectations. I still don't quite get why it isn't most loved game, then again I think the same about the Last Remnant, which in my opinion has one of the greatest battle systems ever, but it's not that easy to get into and not many are willing, or so it would seem.

most broken game? how about M&M9?
When I first time installed it, I thought it was a prank that somebody played on me, it can't be M&M game, lol

Ascheroth

weird how that goes, it exceeded my expectations. I still don't quite get why it isn't most loved game, then again I think the same about the Last Remnant, which in my opinion has one of the greatest battle systems ever, but it's not that easy to get into and not many are willing, or so it would seem.

most broken game? how about M&M9?
When I first time installed it, I thought it was a prank that somebody played on me, it can't be M&M game, lol

The Last Remnant is greeeaaat. Although I haven't even gotten halfway through it yet, because I always tend to restart from the beginning every time I come back to it lol.

are you saying this as a negative or a positive?

In this case, a negative. There is good cheese and bad cheese. While I haven't played Contradiction, that looks like good cheese. The Bunker looks like bad cheese (because it looks like it's taking itself too seriously.)

This idlemaster card glitch is weird. Now I'm getting cards at a faster pace - not every 5 seconds but every couple minutes - even for games without 2 hour minimum idle time and simultaneously for multiple games.

Nzyme32

If they announce it i will jump around the house like rubber ball but after E3 i can't go through same "It will be announced for sure" and then nothing XD

Without doubt, better to wait than get your hopes up. The only source is a Korean site that looks questionable anyway. Still, I do expect it on PC some day

septicore

T-4 days to Ace Attorney 6
T-11 days to Dragon Quest VII
T+2 days to Picross 3D Round 2.
Goodbye Steam. Was nice knowing you.

I already said goodbye to Steam once Monster Hunter Generations was released but with AA6 and DQ7 coming out. I think, I'll won't be playing a single game on Steam for a long time.

Oh Yeah, I should also play my copy of Steins Gate on my Vita.

Ban Puncher

5gqaVZH.jpg

GaussTek

One handheld is good enough for me.
Let me know when XSEED ports them to Steam though. Day one purchase.

Sadly, they don't know how to port games to PC. And, looks like they aren't even capable of hiring someone who knows how to make good ports (judging by Little King's Story bad reception :/). The only chance is that Falcom handles the ports by themselves, I guess.

Tizoc

Sadly, they don't know how to port games to PC. And, looks like they aren't even capable of hiring someone who knows how to make good ports (judging by Little King's Story bad reception :/). The only chance is that Falcom handles the ports by themselves, I guess.
What xseed ports have u played? The ys games are great ports and somare the tits ports too

GaussTek

What xseed ports have u played? The ys games are great ports and somare the tits ports too

Ports of games that aren't already on PC, I mean. All the Ys and TitS games on Steam were originally released on PC by Falcom.

Little King's Story, for example, wasn't on PC originally, it was handled by an external team hired by Xseed (althought they don't share too much details about them), and the result wasn't so good:
http://www.xseedgames.com/forum/ind...ings-story-pc-general-discussion.28309/page-3

Trails of Cold Steel I & II weren't released on PC, so they need to hire someone to do the porting or that Falcom handles them internally.

yuraya

More RDR rumors huh. on PC too this time.

Its starting to become the most begged for game ever. The BC #s on Xbox one probably greenlit the project for R*. I would be surprised if its not happening at this point.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
It's my birthday today. Don't have the cash to make a great giveaway, but here's a spare I have:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (thesaucetastic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Megabyte Punch -- MB-06D284AF9B6962A0 - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.

t1473090771z1.png

Vamphuntr

If Ace Attorney is the same quality as 5, they can keep it.

It's apparently very similar unfortunately. I'm hyped for Cold Steel 2 and SMT IV Apocalypse much more. It's a shame Atlus is ignoring steam. In Falcom's case it's because they are a very small company.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
BundleStars Black Dungeon Bundle

Tier 1 - Pay €1.69

Super Ubie Island REMIX
Curvatron
Overture
Cosmic Leap

Tier 2 - Pay €3.29 - Including products above

Spunk and Moxie
Virtual Rogue
So Much Blood
This Book Is A Dungeon
Raining Blobs
Mazement

Tier 3 - Pay €4.39 - Including products above

The Incredible Baron

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/black-dungeon-bundle

Nzyme32

More RDR rumors huh. on PC too this time.

Its starting to become the most begged for game ever. The BC #s on Xbox one probably greenlit the project for R*. I would be surprised if its not happening at this point.

Although considering there is no info outside of this lone Korean "news site" that looks like a blog, it seems doubtful this is it

Tizoc

Ports of games that aren't already on PC, I mean. All the Ys and TitS games on Steam were originally released on PC by Falcom.

Little King's Story, for example, wasn't on PC originally, it was handled by an external team hired by Xseed (althought they don't share too much details about them), and the result wasn't so good:
http://www.xseedgames.com/forum/ind...ings-story-pc-general-discussion.28309/page-3

Trails of Cold Steel I & II weren't released on PC, so they need to hire someone to do the porting or that Falcom handles them internally.

Ah fair enough. I guess QLoC might be too pricey for XSEED? Maybe they should hire Ghostlight, their PC ports of console games are quite good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just noticed the top seller on Steam, after all the crying about a EA game getting a expansion. ARK devs be like

crying-money-woody-harrelson-zombieland.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom