• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam will support 20 currencies including Vietnamese Dong S. Korean Won Turkish Lira

They actually mentioned the won at Steamdev. I guess that info didn't get out?

The dong is totally new, though, and rather a surprise. I didn't realize the Viet market was considered that substantial.

So I compiled the currency tables for TF2 keys, to give everyone an idea of the exchange rates:

• usd = $2.19
  • gbp = £1.29
  • eur = 1,61€
  • rub = 73,60 py6.
  • brl = R$ 4,80
  • jpy = ¥ 222.36
  • nok = 13,41 kr
  • idr = Rp 26504.12
  • myr = RM7.06
  • php = P96.76
  • sgd = S$2.71
  • thb = ฿70.72
  • vnd = 46,950.28₫
  • krw = ₩2,224.93
  • try = 4,69 TL
  • uah = 26,76₴
  • mxn = Mex$ 28.61
  • cad = CDN$ 2.36
  • aud = AUD$ 2.34
  • nzd = NZD$ 2.49

They're using a really high conversion rate for IDR. Darn.

indonesian rupiah? :O
intredasting...

The rupiah was announced at Steamdev, too. It surprised me a little too - while Indonesia is a huge country in terms of population and size, I didn't think the gaming sector was big enough to justify supporting the currency yet.

Deepo

I dread the day they make me pay in NOK. PSN makes me pay in NOK, and there the current pricing model is $59.99USD = 599NOK.

599NOK is equivalent to $104USD.

Doczu

So Vietnamese people can pay with their Dongs, but in Poland i still have to use euro? That's just great.

Aquashark

Banned
what about Bison dollars?

bison-dollar.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is this going to be optional? I do not fucking want to pay in Australian Dollars.

This will not be optional. Once Australian Dollars are fully supported, they'll convert your wallet funds to AUD, and all future transactions on the store and market will take place in AUD.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Malaysian Ringgit has been confirmed to go live on September 16th, as well as possibly some others (and some speculate all others) at that time.

Shengar

Holy shit, price conversion from USD to Rupiah is really well done. Divinity OS from $40, now Rp. 260000, $23-$25 in USD. This conversion stuff is good
The rupiah was announced at Steamdev, too. It surprised me a little too - while Indonesia is a huge country in terms of population and size, I didn't think the gaming sector was big enough to justify supporting the currency yet.

The population is too big to be ignored. While original gaming isn't that well accepted in the past because the sheer price alone, now legal gaming is on the rise because the cheap price brought by Steam Discount/ The hassle free plus the prestige of buying original, legal game is what makes Steam slowly become even more popular in Indonesia. Now with conversion that makes the base price of many games become significantly cheaper, Steam surely will reek many profit here.

wilflare

chiming in from Singapore
the prices seem okay. a good mix of US$1 = SG$1 (since SG is weaker, the games become cheaper) and RRP prices.

Deadbeat

Banned
The canadian not-getting-fucked-over-like-other-british-commenwealths fun coming to an end? Because the op kind of makes it not look horrible, but I dont have faith.

Imagine the horror being like australia.

MrBali

Neo Member
Turkish Lira is a welcome addition although does anyone know if the prices will be the same? Hopefully the prices are still on par with USD values and crazy Turkish tax is not implemented.

Chiming in from Turkey. Right now, the shop is still showing the games at USD, at their regular price.

I'm very worried about the conversion rate, but I've yet to see what the future holds.

Top Bottom