• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STELLAR BLADE |OT| Twitter May Cry

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
There's a missable can in spire 4. If you miss it you'll have to try your luck fishing it. And let me tell you, RNG is a bitch. Be warned.
maxresdefault.jpg

Exede

Well they let you get it with fishing at least :) i got it that way. Imagine playing through 90% of the game again for this last can

I really wish the second open world section hadn't made the cut. I'm struggling to find the motivation to carry on. I love the level design in the linear sections. Why can't we have the whole game be like that?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Dude wtf. The story and lore of stellar blade is fantastic. All the religious allegories and symbolism. Characters are great too, at least the main ones. Adam doesn’t have too much depth but there is some.
The game feels melancholic and I like that.
Also nobody in the game have any sexy remarks. Eve suits are not acknowledged at all. It’s all left for the player and normalized. That’s perfect. The game is not pervt at all

Really hit a wall with the unknown naytiba - blade is maxxed (trophy), and it still looks like I do virtually no damage...

I Parry for days, get the critical, and it still only does like 5% of it's healthbar.

Dude wtf. The story and lore of stellar blade is fantastic. All the religious allegories and symbolism. Characters are great too, at least the main ones. Adam doesn’t have too much depth but there is some.
The game feels melancholic and I like that.
Also nobody in the game have any sexy remarks. Eve suits are not acknowledged at all. It’s all left for the player and normalized. That’s perfect. The game is not pervt at all
Agree - I don't get the hate for the story at all. It seems perfectly standard for most video game stories that certainly aren't criticised.

Roxanne and her sexy leg kinda hits on you.

ssringo

Really hit a wall with the unknown naytiba - blade is maxxed (trophy), and it still looks like I do virtually no damage...

I Parry for days, get the critical, and it still only does like 5% of it's healthbar.
Grenades baby! Knock out the shield (blue bar).

And it ain't getting easier!

Edit: The shield bar is actually big on how much damage you're doing. If you're on the offense and attacking between parries then you'll chew through the shield and do solid damage once you can do the riposte (retribution?) but if you're on the defensive or give time for the shield to regen then it'll absorb more when you do a big attack. Grenades can get rid of the shield so if you're down to another parry or two before the balance bar (yellow dots) is gone and they have a big shield bar just drop one to delete it.

Last edited:
Grenades baby! Knock out the shield (blue bar).
Well, I feel like an idiot. I've never bothered using any of the shield damaging skills or items because I haven't seen any enemies with shields. I noticed last night that a boss had a huge shield bar. That combined with your comment has enlightened me.

I'm like halfway through the desert and just now wondering if regular enemies have shield bars also. Time to finally use those respec items.

Last edited:

ssringo

Well, I feel like an idiot. I've never bothered using any of the shield damaging skills or items because I haven't seen any enemies with shields. I noticed last night that a boss had a huge shield bar. That combined with your comment has enlightened me.

I'm like halfway through the desert and just now wondering if regular enemies have shield bars also. Time to finally use those respec items.
Yeah, you're able to brute force through most bosses (and the game in general) without needing to worry about the shield bar if you're decently skilled. But the last few bosses have a pretty good difficulty spike that demand more skill for a longer fight or engaging with mechanics that you haven't needed to worry about for the previous 25-30 hours. I had the exact experience last weekend.

As an aside, your own shield is the same and equipping shield gear will help keep you a bit healthier when getting smacked around.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Yeah, you're able to brute force through most bosses (and the game in general) without needing to worry about the shield bar if you're decently skilled. But the last few bosses have a pretty good difficulty spike that demand more skill for a longer fight or engaging with mechanics that you haven't needed to worry about for the previous 25-30 hours. I had the exact experience last weekend.

As an aside, your own shield is the same and equipping shield gear will help keep you a bit healthier when getting smacked around.
It would be nice if there were more visual indicators of shield status. I rarely have the time to look at all the status bars, usually just that red haze effect tells me I'm about to die.

I need to turn off the auto-lock and see if that makes things better. I find Eve has really reduced mobility when locked on, but I'm already at button saturation (these are not really my kind of games) so we'll see.

Top Bottom