• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stellar Blade | Review Thread

How many copies do you think Stellar Blade will sell?

• 1 million copies (tits and ass don't sell)

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • 2 Million copies

Votes: 38 21.7%
  • 4 Million copies

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • 6 Million Copies

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • 8 million Copies

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • 10 Million Copies (Stellar Blade is on the level of Resident Evil)

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • 15 Million Copies (Stellar Blade is on the level of Elden Ring)

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 20 million Copies (Stellar Blade is a system seller)

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • 3 Million Copies

Votes: 10 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I really like this guy's channel. Doesnt mean you have to agree with him 100%. He hates Bayonetta 3 and I think its a masterpiece. He hates RE4R and I agree. I loved Wanted Dead and I agree. I havent played Stella Blade beyond the demo yet but I didnt think the combat was fun. I'll play it eventually. In the meantime this guy always thinks for himself and makes for a review I enjoy watching.

The section he has on the combat is fantastic. That is EXACTLY what I felt from the demo, but he is putting it into better words than I did. I cant comment on story or exploration really until I play the full game.
He hates RER and Bayonetta 3? he definitely lost me.

GHG

I buy games based on my own taste and my taste only and Wanted Dead doesn’t interest me.

Got it as part of a humble bundle recently and it's just a jankfest from top to bottom.

I don't mind a bit of jank if a game is mechanically sound or if it's pushing the boundaries in terms of creativity/freedom, but it does neither of those things.

Some people just love being contratians for the sake of being contratians.

Eiknarf

How do I get to Eidos 9 again?

I remember playing it on my first play through. But I don’t wanna pass it on my new game plus

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
I really like this guy's channel. Doesnt mean you have to agree with him 100%. He hates Bayonetta 3 and I think its a masterpiece. He hates RE4R and I agree. I loved Wanted Dead and I agree. I havent played Stella Blade beyond the demo yet but I didnt think the combat was fun. I'll play it eventually. In the meantime this guy always thinks for himself and makes for a review I enjoy watching.

The section he has on the combat is fantastic. That is EXACTLY what I felt from the demo, but he is putting it into better words than I did. I cant comment on story or exploration really until I play the full game.
His channel is great. I don't agree with him on everything but he does a great job of explaining his stance and that's why I love his videos. One of the few YouTubers I'm aware of that actually knows how to critique.

SkylineRKR

At first I thought he was trolling because the start of the video was rather lame, but on the combat he is quite spot on. Its actually not that good. Standard combos are useless against anything other than small spider bots, which means combo damage+ loadouts are useless too. The only way to deal significant damage is by using up meter for Beta and Burst. And those attacks are canned. Once you see through this there isn't much left. You just need to spam your Beta and Burst skills because regular attacks do nothing and actually put you at risk of being interrupted, especially the longer strings. There is no way to launch even small fry so essentially each battle, no matter if its against a giant or humanoid boss, is a carbon copy.

I like the game mind you, but I quickly grew tired of the combat. It could've been better.

The parry, repulse and blink are fun, but this stalls the combat at the same time. And then the damage you do from counters and fatal attacks is kind of pathetic against bosses too. They really drag out the further you go.

Top Bottom