• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 5 for PS4 & PC teaser trailer

Altered_Beast

Neo Member
I hate all the console wars crap, but the positive reaction for this being Playstation exclusive is odd. Even more so when compared to the vitriolic shitstorm that followed the Tomb Raider announcement.

HIR0

Capcom just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Street Fighter 5 for either system, nor will they purchase any of Capcom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Capcom has alienated an entire market with this move.

Capcom, publicly apologize and cancel Street Fighter 5 for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Sheroking

Don't come crying to me 9 months after SFV launches and all of you bite into the hype and buy it and Capcom announces Super Street Fighter V.

You can't say you weren't warned.

1) Capcom acknowledged their mistake with UMVC3, expect updates to come in the form of DLC like Ultra from now on and not retail releases.

2) The community WANTS the games updated. Badly. It's a good thing.

DryvBy

Not really the point though

Tomb Raider got blasted for going exclusive, this should too. If not, that's extremely hypocritical

So let me try and process this...you think Street Fighter was in trouble of not getting funded? Oh man

Well I am a Sony fan that is calling BS on this. I'm not for multi-plat games becoming exclusive to a single platform. This is NOT a good move.

DemonNite

Tis the season to be jolly

ibddGA9BNJR2G.png

Celine

This is a bigger exclusive then tomb raider, didn't the last street fighter sell over 6 million?
No, the only SF to sell more than 6M units was SFII on SNES.

SFIV sold 3.3M on PS3 and 360.
SSFIV sold 1.9M on PS3 and 360.
SSFIV3D sold 1.2M on 3DS.
SSFIV AE sold 1.1M on PS3 and 360.

EDIT:
Does this mark the first time a street fighter is exclusive to 1 console?
Not if you were a '90 kid.

JayEH

This means Ono is not working on an actual cool new PS4 exclusive in partnership with Sony. Instead Sony pulled a Microsoft and decided to be shit and waste money on denying Xbone owners one of the most iconic franchises in gaming. Shu better have a good fucking explanation for this.

He wants to sell consoles? End of story.

deadman69

videos now private. what happened?

edit: if sony really wanted it to be exclusive why didn't they stop it coming to pc?

This means Ono is not working on an actual cool new PS4 exclusive in partnership with Sony. Instead Sony pulled a Microsoft and decided to be shit and waste money on denying Xbone owners one of the most iconic franchises in gaming. Shu better have a good fucking explanation for this.

could be a Bayonetta 2 situation with Sony publishing and funding the development?

panda-zebra

Similarly, have you got good fucking evidence for this?

onQ123

See, at least Microsoft is smart in that, if they're going to moneyhat a game, they moneyhat it the whole way so that it doesn't come to any other platform AT ALL.

If Sony really did moneyhat this, then it was a colossal waste of money, because Xbox gamers can simply circumvent it by grabbing the game on PC.

Joke Post?

Finaj

Now this is definitely a moneyhat. Bad decision from Sony, I doubt it's worth it, not financially anyway.

One thing is sure, Xbox One is done in EVO.

No way. Killer Instinct is still here.

At least XB1 owners can enjoy that for a bit before "Ultra Super Mega SFV" comes out.

Because money.

Monster Zero

It is literally night and day between this and the TR thread, wow. Like there was not a single iota of celebration in that thread. Not 1

Popnbake

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...-and-playstation-4-some-point-no-plans-wii-u/

When prompted with the question that is on many fighting gamers' minds right now -- are we getting a Street Fighter game on Xbox One and PlayStation 4? -- Ono simply replied, "some time or other," confirming that there are at least plans for an upcoming SF game.

In a completely separate tweet, Ono also stated that there are no plans for any next-gen Street Fighter titles on the Wii U.

Hmmm, I think he would have also said no plans for a X1 if it was being excluded from SF 5.

You anwered it: tthey pulled a MIcrosoft. Pretty sure that if MS didnt do stuff like this, Sony wouldn't neither

Private video links and removed video links. :( I wanna see the trailer this is great news for PS4 and PC. That's a huge loss for Xbox One. I might just hear that console crying lol

SgtCobra

Calm down we don't even know if it's a full exclusive, people forget Sony is very incompetent when it comes to deals like these. At worst there is a timed exclusivity going on, which also sucks. But what can we do? It's not that complaning will make matters better.

On the other hand, didn't Ono say he didn't get the funding he needed for a new Street Fighter? Lets not jump to conclusions and wait for what the people at Capcom/Sony have to say about this, this could even be a Bayonetta 2 situation where Sony (partly) funded the development for console exclusivity.

And lmfao at people saying Street Fighter/fighting games is/are niche,how wrong can someone be.

Paz

lol wtf? By the way, when is yyour game coming on PS4? Or did i miss it?

As soon as I can finish it and hopefully before I starve to death :(

And yeah this announcement is actually so huge to me, SF series and SF4 had a huge place in my life and I was so worried we would have to wait another 10 years for a new title.

People bringing going up tomb raider.... It is not near the same as the was announced and was always coming anyway. Isn't captor tight on cash and needed funding?

I'd say the explanation is pretty simple.

Ono wanted to make a SF5 but couldn't get funding, so Sony stepped in to make it happen.

It happens.

GQman2121

Banned
So I haven't tested it, but is my joystick for SFIV compatible with PS4? Was going to give Injustice a go this weekend. That's honestly the only way this new game would be on my radar. I'm not buying a new stick and I'm not playing with a standard controller.

Nose Master

This is neat, but fuck. They just can't be bothered to put any effort in to the art style anymore, hey?

Glad I didn't get Xbone for KI, now.

Rehosted trailer.

It being exclusive for PS4 will make tournaments run a lot smoother, at least! Since they don't have to pick which console to use :p

Shredderi

Actually thought that the footage was from SFIV first. Not exactly a generational leap in visuals. The characters don't seem as bulky as before so that's good but that's more of a small style change. Could be that the game is in relatively early development and will look more "next-gen" later on, but this footage doesn't exactly impress or drive home the fact that it's on Ps4. Maybe I'm being negative because I'm more than a little disappointed that this is capcom's big reveal. Well at least there is the jump fiesta thing.

Top Bottom