• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V October Halloween Update

Scotia

Banned
Ct26R76UEAA24SP

Ct26Vc2UkAAUJET

It’s October and with that comes a spook-tacular Street Fighter V update.

We’re happy to announce seven new Premium Halloween costumes and a special Halloween-themed version of the Russia stage for Street Fighter V. After the jump you’ll notice jack-o'-lanterns, gravestones, zombie Cossack dancers and perhaps a familiar face or two in the background!

Each Premium Halloween costume is priced at $3.99 / €3.99 / £3.29 and the Halloween stage is priced at $1.99 / €1.99 / £1.29 or 40K Fight Money. As previously announced, all premium costumes from here on out will include colors 1-10. This special Halloween content will only be available for a limited time starting October 11th until November 29th so be sure to grab them on the PlayStation and Steam Stores to partake in the festivities.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harrisony/blog/2016/10/03/october-brings-spook-tacular-street-fighter-v-update

Lock if old

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Overall:

October retail game sales are down 24% year over year.

Hardware was down 35% year over year.

Console and Handheld game sales were down 18% year over year.

Physical and Steam PC software sales were down 28% year over year.

Software:

1. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
  2. Battlefield 1
  3. Pokémon Sun*
  4. Pokémon Moon*
  5. Titanfall 2
  6. NBA 2K17
  7. Madden NFL 17
  8. Watch Dogs 2
  9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim*
  10. FIFA 17
*No digital sales counted for this game.

Notes:
- There's a note here implying that Sun and Moon combined outsold Call of Duty.
- “Pokémon Sun and Pokémon: Moon had the strongest launch in the history of the franchise, selling 8 percent more units than the previous best-selling combo of Pokémon: White and Pokémon: Black despite having 19 fewer days in market during the month,” said Naji.
- “Pokémon Sun and Pokémon: Moon had the strongest launch in the history of the franchise, selling 8 percent more units than the previous best-selling combo of Pokémon: White and Pokémon: Black despite having 19 fewer days in market during the month,” said Naji.
- “Software spending in November 2016 declined by 19 percent compared to this time last year,” said Naji. “The decline can be fully attributed to the top 3 selling games which, combined, sold 43 percent less than the top 3 games from last November. Combined spending across all other titles grew 12 percent in November compared with a year ago.”

Hardware:

PS4: #1 Console

Notes:
- The PlayStation 4 was the top-selling hardware system in the month, driven by the PS4 Slim System 500GB Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Bundle,” said Naji. “This SKU accounted for 30 percent of all hardware units sold.”
- “Unit sales of 3DS hardware grew 59 percent versus November a year ago, the sixth straight month of year-on-year growth,” according to the NPD analyst.
- “Total accessory spending, including PlayStation VR headsets sold through retail, declined by 6 percent versus November 2015 driven by a 49 percent decline in interactive-gaming toys,” said Naji. “All interactive-gaming toys franchises experienced declines in the month compared to November 2015. Lego Dimensions is the current market leader in the segment with 38 revenue share in November.”
- “While spending across gamepads was down overall, sales of the Microsoft Xbox Elite Wireless Controller grew 46 percent in November versus the prior year,” said Naji. “The Sony DualShock 4 was the month’s No. 1 selling gamepad overall.”

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
OP you had one job

also lol at capcom bluffing about only selling these for a brief time

edit: OP made good but capcom blog has broken images, again

Arkeband

Banned
I feel like some of these costumes ruin the silhouette of the character they're assigned to, which gets into a sticky place for fighters and other PVP oriented games.

Duress

They put a lot of effort into thinking of a design for Nash. Dead resurrected -_-

Vega isn't that great either

Alright Capcom here that stage and those costumes already got me sold.

Man-Handing-Over-Money.jpg

I feel like some of these costumes ruin the silhouette of the character they're assigned to, which gets into a sticky place for fighters and other PVP oriented games.

Fighting games rock it and don't really matter at the end of the day. So long as you can see what the character is going to do, it doesn't really impact reacting to it.

I mean, Tekken's customization obviously didn't matter with all the wacky things you could place on characters, and SF4's costumes are pretty gaudy.

Skilletor

Wolfman Necalli is so brilliant that I hope they do something similar for other characters' vtriggers.

Bishamon Ryu...I would buy that at a high price.

JayEH

Pretty good costumes. Wish they weren't limited time. Really BS thing to do, at least they had an "excuse" with the CPT bundle.

Wish they gave everyone Darkstalkers costumes.

no need because Darkstalkers characters coming next year as DLC.
lol

Damn, those costume prices... Why am I even surprised?

People are still begging for missing features from past SF games but nope, gotta get that dlc money!

Neoxon

No Halloween Urien or Karin costumes ;_;

That said, I'm really liking Ryu's, Necalli's, & Charlie's costumes. As for Vega, isn't that his Battle Outfit?

Tizoc

People are still begging for missing features from past SF games but nope, gotta get that dlc money!

What missing features from past SF aren't in the game outside of a traditional Arcade mode?

Neoxon

They've always costed that much in SFV, hence why I'm hoping they eventually do costume bundles. Also, the people fixing the game itself aren't the ones doing the DLC content.

Skilletor

And people like you keep putting forth the silly idea that the people making outfits are the same ones making new modes. That's not how it works.

Do you get this is you have the season pass? Don't see it mentioned in the post.

Nope.

They really need to put together a bundle. I do not want to purchase them all separately.

I know the logic sounds dumb but I'd rather buy them all for $20-$25 then have to purchase them separate for $4 as instead of getting them all I'll just pick 1 or 2 I really like and call it a day.

Top Bottom