• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
You know what I'd buy? A color edit mode. Go ahead charge me ten bucks. I'm tired of being nickle and dime'd for basic cosmetics.

Has it ever been good? It's very obvious with characters like Ken and M.Bison when particle effects on their moves does not with the models.
Compared to what? SFIV played like it was underwater in the best online matches. SFV feels like the guy may as well be sitting right next to you 90% of the time.

Optimistic for sure. Capcom is listening and I think they're going to do what NetherRealm did with Mortal Kombat XL + more.
Capcom specifically said they wouldn't do anything like this.

You know what I'd buy? A color edit mode. Go ahead charge me ten bucks. I'm tired of being nickle and dime'd for basic cosmetics.
Could you imagine a Soul Calibur style editor mode? Go ahead and charge per item or sets of items, at least everyone can feel like they own their character.

If SC can do it, why not SF?

MKXL wasn't incompatible with the base game AFAIK. It was just a free update for everyone.

Ah I see. Ok that's cool as long as PC isn't left out.

Hutchie

Wouldnt a season 1 re-release lead to confusion? What if a casual picked up o.g. Sfv inseated pf season 1 or aoemthing along those lines. Ive said it once and ill say it again late adopters should just get the game once what they are looking for is in, play and enjoy.

Akuma, yun and yang in 2017 please! And when did this sagat love in start?

Yun AND Yang in the same season?
bender-laughing.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Wouldnt a season 1 re-release lead to confusion? What if a casual picked up o.g. Sfv inseated pf season 1 or aoemthing along those lines. Ive said it once and ill say it again late adopters should just get the game once what they are looking for is in, play and enjoy.

Does that happen with GotY versions? Because that's pretty much what it would be.

Has it ever been good? It's very obvious with characters like Ken and M.Bison when particle effects on their moves does not with the models.

I was getting matched up with outside north America alot and in general I was getting disconnected from host alot after hitting the rematch button and after rounds. Never seen it like that since launch, for me.

To the conversation above, with my connection and isp, I had way better matches input wise in sf4. I get alot of not smooth experiences in V in relation to 4. Like I said though, just in my experiences.

JayEH

A re release needs to happen so they can build up hype again. It's just similar to a GOTY edition, it doesn't matter if someone buys the old or re release version. They'll still get all the updates that Capcom wants everyone to see such as expanded single player content they would just not get the season 1 characters. (These are all assumptions of course)

Hutchie

A re release needs to happen so they can build up hype again. It's just similar to a GOTY edition, it doesn't matter if someone buys the old or re release version. They'll still get all the updates that Capcom wants everyone to see such as expanded single player content they would just not get the season 1 characters. (These are all assumptions of course)

Fair enough, if it means more sfv im all for it

Do we need more system mechanics at the moment? Experts have barely scratch the surface of certain character's vskills etcs but i would be up for ken gettin his shinryuken back.

I think we do. A common complaint about SFV is that it's too straight forward. We don't need a brand new mechanic but I would really like to see a new V skill and V trigger for every character and make it selectable like Ultras in SF4.

Maybe you can mix and match or maybe the V skill and trigger will be tied together. But regardless it adds more depth and variety to the game and could possibly change or aid characters in certain match ups. That will be hard to balance but so be it. I want to see a bigger shake up than just more new stages, costumes, and characters for next year.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Could you imagine a Soul Calibur style editor mode? Go ahead and charge per item or sets of items, at least everyone can feel like they own their character.

If SC can do it, why not SF?

I don't understand the thought process behind at least half the decisions they've made in regards to this game.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Anyone up for beating a silver Ken's ass? East Coast US/Southern Ontario. Casuals isn't sending me anyone ranked above me.

Cfn Hey_its_that_dog

edit: nevermind, gotta stop for the night

LakeEarth

Yun and Yang came to SF4 together because Capcom wanted to add 4 new characters as cheaply as possible. They're twins, so they only had to make one new face.

That update also introduced Evil Ryu and Oni. Hey, once again, no new faces to make. It's no coincidence.

KingBroly

Banned
Yun and Yang came to SF4 together because Capcom wanted to add 4 new characters as cheaply as possible. They're twins, so they only had to make one new face.

That update also introduced Evil Ryu and Oni. Hey, once again, no new faces to make. It's no coincidence.

I hate AE so much. Just a terribly balanced version. Super unfun.

If they go the cheap route for Season 2, Decapre and Sean will definitely be in there.

I've been getting people from out of the country more often than not (not an exaggeration!) for about a week now. Today with it set from 4-5 it was like a miracle to see an American flag or a non-laggy match. I honestly don't mind if the matchmaking throws a bone to people who live in places with fewer players, but not like... 3/4 matches.

Now I understand how true patriots feel when they look at the flag.

In Asia, you get to fight many country though
Heck I barely fight my countrymen, but prety sure most of them dont care about SFV

xabi

Where's everyone from in this room? All west coast?
East coast here.

Man you guys are good! Great folks to learn Alex with..

Bowie I have never seen a more patient/disciplined Cammy than yours. So hard to get in...

AdversaryOne, we've played before, I think early on when I was still focusing on Nash (still my favorite, yours is one of the best I have played) or perhaps Guile.

765production you are definitely inspiring me to try Chun next.

MKXL wasn't incompatible with the base game AFAIK. It was just a free update for everyone.

On consoles only. PC was left out in the cold. No MKXL update with balance + GGPO, no KP2 available for original MKX owners. And Ed continues to troll the people who bought the game on PC.

Granted, I don't think MKX has cross platform play, at least it didn't previously... but still. It was a jerk move to people who bought their game on PC platform.

Ah I see. Ok that's cool as long as PC isn't left out.

Depends on how much Capcom sees the opportunity to profit, I suppose. They already left PC out in terms of being able to buy the CPT dlc bundle and thus now have console exclusive DLC that there's no way to purchase for use if you're a PC user; it's not entirely inconceivable that they could decide to support PS4 as their main cash cow platform for SFV going forward at some point.

Yup, it will be until sometime in November.

Maybe haunts will actually get out that CPT DLC FAQ before then.

Hutchie

I think we do. A common complaint about SFV is that it's too straight forward. We don't need a brand new mechanic but I would really like to see a new V skill and V trigger for every character and make it selectable like Ultras in SF4.

Maybe you can mix and match or maybe the V skill and trigger will be tied together. But regardless it adds more depth and variety to the game and could possibly change or aid characters in certain match ups. That will be hard to balance but so be it. I want to see a bigger shake up than just more new stages, costumes, and characters for next year.

Still reckon it would be too soon for that. Plus the way having selectable ca's have gone in the past, one of the ca's will be ignored or garbage, or will make the game more about counterpicking. They could give charcters more links or special cancellable moves and techniques...but again i think its too soon

I'm just running 3rd Strike characters until Urien's release. Alex is fun but I crumble too fast with him, and Ibuki takes too much execution for my crappy fingers to use properly right now, but it's fun.

Still thinking about that Laura train, though.

Top Bottom