• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

f12f4f21343d8d60be93c8684332c34f70c926ce_full.jpg

You know, Necalli has both a command grab and a DP.
Ryu has both a fireball and a DP.
Ken has both a fireball and a DP.

Cammy should get either a fireball or a DP to smooth things out.

She has a DP mang. Give her a command grab fireball overhead.

Im a few pages too late, but fuudo won evo while tipsy.

Def a performance enhancer if you are used to it imo.

I only play after a few beers, otherwise im just not having fun/ego and incompetence combined with knowing whats possible at high levels..makes me feel like whats the point.

Need to take the edge off to just have fun while still trying to play my best

Time to release swimsuits for the guys now Capcom!

Has anyone tried this with any other premium costumes?
Some defaults could be greatly improved upon and it's not like there isn't a precedent with Urien's default having the ability to switch. Shirtless alternate Vega, alternate Alex with his suspenders loose and an alternate beardless Sim without a turban.

- Laura
- Nash
- Bison
- Karin
- Ken
- Necalli
- Ryu
- Cammy
- Chun-Li
- FANG
- Dhalsim
- Guile
- Mika
- Rashid
- Alex

all won at least one CPT event

rip to Vega/Birdie/Juri/Ibuki/Balrog/Zangief, the new low tier

Some defaults could be greatly improved upon and it's not like there isn't a precedent with Urien's default having the ability to switch. Shirtless alternate Vega, alternate Alex with his suspenders loose and an alternate beardless Sim without a turban.
Definitely, though I can understand if they want to keep it exclusively for costumes you have to purchase for the added value. (Or course I'd love it if all outfits had the functionality.)

Really though, it's time Capcom starts being more even handed with the sexy alts. I get why they pushed the female swimsuits first, straight guys love boobs, and they make up the bulk of the player base. But after the overwhelmingly positive response to Hot Ryu, loincloth Urien, and now this shirtless Necalli variant, it's obvious a lot players want the beefcake too. Whip up some swimsuits, give them some kinky variations like the ladies got for their bikinis. It's money that's just sitting on the table.

P.S. Hurray for an Alex player winning a major tourney. More Alex support please.

Coda

Eh.... Not a fan, but I'll get it for the transformation aspect anyways. Would be cooler if applied to her battle costume; removing the mask or wings or something.

Capcom, if you add more cool aesthetic flourishes, I'll get them. Custom battle intros, custom taunts, custom portraits, whatever.

I still want a business suit with pants classy outfit, essentially day off from work Mika, but probably will never happen.

I'd take the costume archives one as a consolation prize though.

sfv-rmika-yoko-costume-concept-artwork-secret.jpg

lupinko

That costume code trick is great, I love that kind of an Easter egg. But how would you select it for the AI and story mode? They need to patch that in.

I don't know about AI but should work for story mode since I've done it with Urien.

CD'S BAR

Just bought Mika's swimsuit in light of that alt. Great way to add value to the dlc costumes. You get all 10 colors with it too. Score.

Definitely, though I can understand if they want to keep it exclusively for costumes you have to purchase for the added value. (Or course I'd love it if all outfits had the functionality.)

Really though, it's time Capcom starts being more even handed with the sexy alts. I get why they pushed the female swimsuits first, straight guys love boobs, and they make up the bulk of the player base. But after the overwhelmingly positive response to Hot Ryu, loincloth Urien, and now this shirtless Necalli variant, it's obvious a lot players want the beefcake too. Whip up some swimsuits, give them some kinky variations like the ladies got for their bikinis. It's money that's just sitting on the table.

P.S. Hurray for an Alex player winning a major tourney. More Alex support please.
Capcom seems to be only after the easiest possible money and that means more female alts. If they wanted to suck us dry this much then they should have included Makoto, Ingrid and Sakura. :/
If Karin is Cammy tier then she's tippy top since Cammy just won one of the most stacked tournaments yet
You do know I was in the discord with all you guys while watching xiao hai vs momochi, right?

Jokes dude

Steroyd

Just bought Mika's swimsuit in light of that alt. Great way to add value to the dlc costumes. You get all 10 colors with it too. Score.

Heh I'm tempted to get Cammy's beach alt myself, the camo markings on some of them look cool.

...If the me from 10.. no 5 years ago could see me buying cosmetic DLC now, I'd be slapping myself in the face. -_-

Seems I've been using practice mode wrong, never realised Cammy doesn't have much of an advantage with DP knockdown quick risers as I thought compared to Ryu, maybe now I'll stop dashing into trouble.

Capcom seems to be only after the easiest possible money and that means more female alts. If they wanted to suck us dry this much then they should have included Makoto, Ingrid and Sakura. :/
But it is easy money. I'm pretty sure if they sold the Urien loincloth alt instead of giving it away, it would be one of their top selling outfits.

I don't want to shatter our glamorous mystique, but a lot of us gay guys are pretty easy to please too. (Not that I'm advocating lazy design, but it doesn't have to be overly complex either.) Just off the top of my head, I can think of appropriate swimsuits for almost all the SFV men, and most of them are motifs that would be simple to implement and recognizable to even the straightest of dudes.

myco666

Oh come on. Was again just one hit away from beating Hard Survival with Cammy. I am going to lose my sanity soon.

Wow that really sucks, respect for trying it, i would never bother with this survival crap.

And you shouldn't. There is only salt to be found in that mode.

KingBroly

Banned

They added all 10 colors to Premium Costumes so you no longer have to grind for those.

I'm not sure if that's for all Costumes or not, but I don't think it is.

I wish that if you unlocked an Alt for a specific Costume (Urien's thong, for example), you could permanently use it without using the code.

Pattern recognition is pretty key for beating survival. Usually the AI acts in set patterns in regards to what attacks they'll do. Certain actions like Ken inching his way towards you despite being right on top of you are easy tells that the game is begging you to act on, and if you don't, you'll get Thrown or attacked via Overhead. Survival is still though, so I would recommend somehow removing it from your game's files so you don't even have to look at it on the Menu.

Hadouken..shoryuken..hadoken..shoryuken
Yeah if ryus do that all the time then no fucking way I gonna jump again

You gotta learn to read them and see what they like to do before throwing a fireball and react to the Sound Effect of Ryu's Fireball Start Up instead of seeing it. And if they're holding down back and blocking your footsie, they won't likely have the time to do a DP after dashing in.

Moving forward and buffering a DP is a lot more threatening than Guile walking back.

giphy.gif

Also Cammy is actually better than what I initially gave her. I've been on a win streak with her yesterday.

Skilletor

I still want a business suit with pants classy outfit, essentially day off from work Mika, but probably will never happen.

I'd take the costume archives one as a consolation prize though.

sfv-rmika-yoko-costume-concept-artwork-secret.jpg

Been playing Rival Schools lately, so maybe I'm just seeing things, but isn't this Hayato's outfit/weapon?

hayato-project.png

JayEH

Those are some good costumes. Please have a bundle if its limited time. It's ridiculous to ask someone to buy 22 costumes at $4 in a month's time.

Top Bottom