• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League |OT| Sent to Die

GymWolf

Gold Member
Great OT op, i kinda wanna try the game because i'm an absolute sucker for good and fast traversal in open world games and here you have 4 different types of traversal but the combat\enemy design seems so repetitive and the shooting itself doesn't look super meaty.

I need some feedback and some prolonged gameplay to watch.

GymWolf

Gold Member
It's basically inFAMOUS/Sunset Overdrive/Crackdown.

If you ever liked that style of traversal & combat focused open-world third-person shooters, then this might be for you, as well as if you're into Borderlands-type games.

And unlike any of the aforementioned titles, Suicide Squad will be solid on the narrative front.
Infamous 1 had a great story and incredible finale, let's not pee out of the toilette please.

Rocksteady Studios 2015 Vs Rocksteady now

GFB4x0jXgAEYOTm

Love the OP and thread title. Good work!

After much back and forth, I'm probably going to get this. I do like the Infamous/Crackdown style games, and that plus the immersion in the DC universe should be enough. That, and their getting Deathstroke down the road.

I'll add that I've just about finished playing the upgraded version of Last of Us 2, and while there's a lot I love about that game, I'm so, so, so, so tired of the preachiness and moralizing, and I really want to play something that's focused on having fun.

Last edited:

Arachnid

Man that leaked cutscene

of Harley shooting Batman……Guess even they knew they were never coming back to make another Arkham game.
All that BS with Scarecrow and Bruce faking his death at the end of Knight just to die by Harley in like 2 years lmao. What a joke.

What was it all for?

nbkicker

Consequence of woke game and devs
Yep but the studios will never learn , they would rather promote lbgt and diversity through there studios, or other agendas. movie studios , tv company’s, gaming company’s in the west have all gone down hill, even japan studios being pushed with the west ways by the heads of studios in the west. I’m just glad to have started gaming 40 yrs ago and have enjoyed it up to now, ps5 must be the least number of games I’ve ever bought on a system in first three yrs of owning it

Dazraell

Man that leaked cutscene

of Harley shooting Batman……Guess even they knew they were never coming back to make another Arkham game.

I'm fairly certain they will pull some time travel / dopplegangers / space magic mumbo jumbo that somehow will just revert the status quo at the end of the story and everyone / majority of characters will turn out to be alive. Which ironically will make this whole "Kill the Justice League" premise even more stupid

ManaByte

Gold Member
I'm fairly certain they will pull some time travel / dopplegangers / space magic mumbo jumbo that somehow will just revert the status quo at the end of the story and everyone / majority of characters will turn out to be alive. Which ironically will make this whole "Kill the Justice League" premise even more stupid

It’s already been spoiled what is really going on but the “disrespect to Conroy” BS is now a rage bait meme and people don’t care that it’s based on a lie.

Dazraell

It’s already been spoiled what is really going on but the “disrespect to Conroy” BS is now a rage bait meme and people don’t care that it’s based on a lie.
I mean... it's not that Rocksteady will have a good week regardless if this one thing will turn out incorrect. Honestly speaking, I don't think this will matter as much in terms of overall reception as people will rip on it for dozens of other things that will show up online in coming days

I mean... it's not that Rocksteady will have a good week regardless if this one thing will turn out incorrect. Honestly speaking, I don't think this will matter as much in terms of overall reception as people will rip on it for dozens of other things that will show up online in coming days
I think at this point this game has gotten so much drive by hate, that people are actually getting interested

Dazraell

I think at this point this game has gotten so much drive by hate, that people are actually getting interested
I think it's gonna follow the similar footsteps as Avengers. Campaign will probably be fine (although I'm not a fan of some creative decisions I already seen on leaked spoilers), but game itself is gonna fall flat on live service part and it's not gonna meet the numbers WB is hoping for

MiguelItUp

Brianiac genetically modified the JL so they can heal from even mortal wounds. So when she shoots Batman he’s only knocked out until the healing factor kicks in and revives him.
Oh! I didn't scrub the spoilers that hard so I had no clue. From what I had repeatedly read it was what I was saying. Appreciate the enlightenment!

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
The Harley Bats scene is awful, whichever way you cut it.

”What an awful person you are Batman, for trying to save all those people, and be a hero all those years. Here I am to tell you how awful you are and finally kill you off, where none of those men could do before me.”

The self insertion has reached critical mass.

Last edited:
I don’t know how to sugar coat it, but there is just no way this game will be successful, regardless of how good it turns out.

I mean Avengers failed and that came out during the maximum Marvel hype area. Just compare the popularity of Avengers to Suicide Squad and you already have a red flag.

Also Marvel got much better press around its release and also showed that there is kind of a single player campaign, but it still failed at the end.

Top Bottom