• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spring 2013 Preliminary First Volume Sales

**,*** *0 Arata Kangatari [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/21
**,*** *0 Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/26
**,*** *0 Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Bride [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/26
**,*** *0 Photokano [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/28

okay this is pretty good.

Lain

Chihayafuru S2 25

Alright conclusion to a great season. I think this was the first time I saw Chihaya actually say she
loves Arata
, but probably I'm misremembering.
I'm a bit saddened by the place the show ends at, because there is always the high chance of no S3, but I'll stay positive and hope that this great show will keep going i nthe future.

Railgun S 12

dsr.jpg

So damn cute.

I hope we'll see more of Misaka's mom in the future. She looks just like Misaka, only grown up and with big boobs.

cajunator

Banned
Chihayafuru S2 25

Alright conclusion to a great season. I think this was the first time I saw Chihaya actually say she
loves Arata
, but probably I'm misremembering.
I'm a bit saddened by the place the show ends at, because there is always the high chance of no S3, but I'll stay positive and hope that this great show will keep going i nthe future.

Railgun S 12

I hope we'll see more of Misaka's mom in the future. She looks just like Misaka, only grown up and with big boobs.

Misaka needs to just give up on the dude and find pure love with Kuroko.

Why do you hope that the titles bombed?

It's clear that Hayate Cuties only exist to promote the manga without doing it any justice. Even the manga itself threw it and anime only watchers under a bus in a hilarious fashion. I would've loved to see them go all the way by making it bomb spectacularly.

Actually it was the only one that I really cared about. everything else was just thrown under the bus just because.

CorvoSol

Utena 35

So like, when does
Anthy
crack and
tell us all how much she hates Utena?
Cuz you can sorta see the writing on the wall.

Except there is no wall. Because nothing is actually happening. This whole show is a fever dream that Wakaba is having in the back of the drama club's play.

Westlo

holy fuck @ dem Utapri sales, the event ticket volumes (1+6) for the first season pulled 25 and 28k respectively (the non event ticket volumes where like 13-14 k) but this just smashed dem, did a sales age limit break.

Anyway seeing the sales of SNAFU gives me some hope for maou-sama, I don't think they will be much different in the end.

Hopefully Henneko dvd sales are around 3kish, would love a second season.

Muromi-san... second seasons please!

DAL can get a third season with those sales if the second one matches it, especially considering the uptick in novel sales.

It's clear that Hayate Cuties only exist to promote the manga without doing it any justice. Even the manga itself threw it and anime only watchers under a bus in a hilarious fashion. I would've loved to see them go all the way by making it bomb spectacularly.

I liked ragequited on the manga after what they did with Athena, and like fuck this Cuties shit and the anime pretending those arcs never existed but how did the manga throw it under a bus?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm aspiring to be the UK's number one Karuta player thanks to Chihayafuru.

Of course no one cares about old Japanese poems so I changed all the cards to verses from ABBA songs.

cajunator

Banned
I'm aspiring to be the UK's number one Karuta player thanks to Chihayafuru.

Of course no one cares about old Japanese poems so I changed all the cards to verses from ABBA songs.

I would totally throw down a challenge if it had ABBA stuff on the cards.

I liked ragequited on the manga after what they did with Athena, and like fuck this Cuties shit and the anime pretending those arcs never existed but how did the manga throw it under a bus?

Well it's a good thing you did, considering outside of Ruka, it's been on a downhill slope since it went back to nothing happening for a while kind of pacing. Think it was in Chapter 400 where they did it, and commented on how anime only watchers are going to be left out on so many details.

NeonZ

Because the new season only makes sense if you read the manga. It can't stand on its own at all.
Edit: Also, there was a chapter where the characters commented on the anime and the manga itself pointed that out.

Spring 2013 Preliminary First Volume Sales

54,460 *1 Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 2000% [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/26
17,940 *1 Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai. [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/19
*8,906 *3 Karneval [DVD+BD]: 2013/05/28
*8,717 *1 Date A Live [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/28
*8,488 *1 Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/26
*7,625 *1 Kakumeiki Valvrave [DVD+BD]: 2013/06/26

Excellent anime sells well. Surprised for utapri2, they ought to consider utapri3 please! A return for Heavens and Quartet Night are a must (v1 even has Heavens poison kiss) I wonder if utapri2 blocks attack on titan for highest v1 sales.

Westlo

Well it's a good thing you did, considering outside of Ruka, it's been on a downhill slope since it went back to nothing happening for a while kind of pacing. Think it was in Chapter 400 where they did it, and commented on how anime only watchers are going to be left out on so many details.

Guess I'll never bother checking it out again, until it hits endgame maybe and it depends on which way that goes.

]

Because the new season only makes sense if you read the manga. It can't stand on its own at all.

Fuck me, such a stupid decision to skip those arcs. I mean fuck I'm an A-tan fan but they pretty much showed the best of Hina and Nagi as well.

Excellent anime sells well. Surprised for utapri2, they ought to consider utapri3 please! A return for Heavens and Quartet Night are a must (v1 even has Heavens poison kiss) I wonder if utapri2 blocks attack on titan for highest v1 sales.

Wtf dtl likes DAL?

Taruranto

In defense of the quoted author, Utena kind of sort of is becoming progressively worse of a person as the series goes on. Like Escaflowne, I imagine
this is part of the scheme of a historical figure to use her love life to bend the will of God to his own whims.

I feel like, to understand Utena character, you kinda have to know how Ikuhara feels about Otaku and the "Pure Waifu" bullshit.

But it's better to leave further discussions to until you finish the series, at this point.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I feel like, to understand Utena character, you kinda have to know how Ikuhara feels about Otaku and the "Pure Waifu" bullshit.
I think it isn't as specific as that. You can apply the ideas Ikuhara wants to convey by talking about the traditional gender role models that appear in much of Western Culture --or any patriarchal cultures for that matter.

I think it isn't as specific as that. You can apply the ideas Ikuhara wants to convey by talking about the traditional gender role models that appear in much of Western Culture --or any patriarchal cultures for that matter.

Yeah, I didn't take it as something aimed specifically at Otaku, but more of a broader message. Though I'm unaware of what Ikuhara himself has said about any of it.

Brothers Conflict news:

OP: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k4ka8R7T8OFV3f4g0gT
ED: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6WLCSFNyLwjsQ4g0g9

The credits confirm that Studio Pablo is working on the art direction and backgrounds, Shingo Kaneko is the assistant director for the series, and the ED animation is storyboarded and directed by Kunihiko Ikuhara and Tomohiro Furukawa, and animated by Takashi Kojima.

If only this wasn't a harem show, this might get me interested.

BluWacky

Brothers Conflict news:

OP: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k4ka8R7T8OFV3f4g0gT
ED: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6WLCSFNyLwjsQ4g0g9

The credits confirm that Studio Pablo is working on the art direction and backgrounds, Shingo Kaneko is the assistant director for the series, and the ED animation is storyboarded and directed by Kunihiko Ikuhara and Tomohiro Furukawa, and animated by Takashi Kojima.

Hmmmm.

Could this be the Sengoku Collection of reverse harem shows?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Yeah, I didn't take it as something aimed specifically at Otaku, but more of a broader message. Though I'm unaware of what Ikuhara himself has said about any of it.
He purposefully avoids talking about the interpretative analysis of his shows. The commentary of Adolescence Apocalypse is hilarious because of how he tries not to give anything away.

fertygo

Maybe Sunrise wouldn't satisfied with Valvrave's sales :(
Probably for better cause tho.

Holy fuck Utapri, the seiyuu gonna have grand concert or something?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Code:
2013 06/24~06/30 Anime BD List
*1 (***) --- 40,736 *40,736 **1 ONE PIECE Film Z LE
*2 (***) --- 28,253 *28,253 **1 Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 2000% v1
*3 (***) --- 23,716 *23,716 **1 Sword Art Online v9
*5 (***) --- 12,942 *12,942 **1 Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann BD Box
*6 (***) --- 11,990 *11,990 **1 Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken v6
*7 (***) --- 11,369 *11,369 **1 ONE PIECE Film Z RE
*8 (***) --- *7,344 **7,344 **1 Little Busters! v7
*9 (***) --- *7,171 **7,171 **1 Date A Live v1
10 (***) --- *6,936 **6,936 **1 Youkai Ningen Bem movie
11 (***) --- *6,875 **6,875 **1 Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. v1
13 (***) --- *5,419 **5,419 **1 Kakumeiki Valvrave v1
14 (***) --- *5,022 **5,022 **1 Vividred Operation v4
15 (***) --- *4,789 **4,789 **1 To Aru Majutsu no Index BD Box
17 (***) --- *4,016 **4,016 **1 Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. v1 LE
19 (***) **5 *3,764 *18,365 **2 Love Live! v4
20 (***) --- *3,623 **3,623 **1 Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san v1
Code:
2013 06/24~06/30 Anime DVD List
*1 (***) --- 43,249 *,*43,249 **1 ONE PIECE Film Z LE
*2 (***) --- 28,186 *,*28,186 **1 ONE PIECE Film Z RE
*3 (***) --- 26,207 *,*26,207 **1 Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 2000% v1
*4 (***) --- *6,159 *,**6,159 **1 Hetalia The Beautiful World v2
*5 (***) --- *5,431 *,**5,431 **1 Sword Art Online v9
*9 (***) --- *2,547 *,**2,547 **1 Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken v6
10 (***) --- *2,300 *,**2,300 **1 Magi v7
11 (***) --- *2,206 *,**2,206 **1 Kakumeiki Valvrave v1
14 (***) --- *1,613 *,**1,613 **1 Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. v1
15 (***) --- *1,546 *,**1,546 **1 Date A Live v1
16 (***) --- *1,536 *,**1,536 **1 Amnesia v4
17 (***) --- *1,488 *,**1,488 **1 Little Busters! v7
18 (***) *30 *1,188 *,168,633 *10 Evangelion Shin Gekijouban: Q (Evangelion 3.33)
19 (***) --- *1,132 *,**1,132 **1 Cuticle Tantei Inaba v4
20 (***) *55 **,940 1,193,052 601 Tonari no Totoro
21 (***) --- **,893 *,***,893 **1 Shirokuma Cafe v12
22 (***) --- **,879 *,***,879 **1 The Unlimited -Hyoubu Kyousuke- v4
24 (***) *17 **,779 *,**2,736 **2 Koto no Ha no Niwa
25 (***) --- **,758 *,***,758 **1 Vividred Operation v4
26 (***) --- **,751 *,***,751 **1 Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W v2
27 (***) --- **,720 *,***,720 **1 RDG Red Data Girl v1
30 (***) *27 **,612 *,**1,989 **2 Karneval v2
I don't know if I should be happy or sad that GAINAX got away with that overpriced BD boxset.

fertygo

Probably won't be happy with the sales after the event ticket dropoff with vol 3 onwards, but meh it has a sequel locked in regardless.

Yep, Its just not gonna became their new franchise or something..

I hope they keep giving job to Okuchi though! #Themaster

t's not overpriced for what you actually get with it.
Also because its the standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom