• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Bubblegum Crisis is on my to-watch list, never seen it.
Good idea.

That is PROVIDED they ever release the thing.

I'm guessing you never played Twin Snakes. (Best Metal Gear)
This would be a good suggestion if this came standard with it.

Who is doing the Fall thread? If no one steps up, I'mma do it and you'll all be sorry.
I need to see this now.

Can confirm it would outlazy.
Imagining it now. 'Fall of Anime 2014 |OT| I came here to meow at you'
OT is pictures of char laughing and a small picture of crying lynne at the bottom.

Captain Earth 24

Uh, the OP played at the halfway mark. Between the eyecatches. Shouldn't it be like...in the opening parts?

I said I would've rather watched this then Mahouka but ughhhhh this shit's so fucking boring. Can't even muster a complaint for the asspulls.
So like, Puck is the bad guy now and has an Ego Block? When did he get here? Was he always here, did I forget? So you can destroy an Ego Block but it doesn't matter because reasons aaaaaaaaaaaah
I don't even follow anymore. I'm so lost.

Next episode is the last, I'm sure it'll be amazing.

My mecha soul hurts.

Narag

I asked that exact same question over twelve hours ago but didn't get a response.

Ideally we'd all come to a gentlemen's agreement to not post past 20k until the fall thread is up. Of course anyone who'd break this pact would be banned for the duration of the Fall season. Can't have people lacking in integrity mucking stuff up.

Jex

tLnn2jol.png

Ekc9413l.png

Why?
Well, if you think about it, they were really in a SHAFT situation. By that I mean, the entire episode is two people not moving or doing anything but talking, so how do you make that visually interesting? SHAFT uses weird camera angles, strange cutting techniques, weird visual metaphors etc etc.

SAO uses butt shots. Simple!

zkylon

zkylewd
Gunbuster/Diebuster.
Berserk or bakemonogatari

JUST .

DO ..

IT !!
Serial experiments lain is incredible.

Also if you like that you can add haibane renmei to your list.
Either Black Lagoon or GITS:SAC. Those are the two shows i'd recommend.
thanks for the suggestions guys and gals :>

pretty varied replies tho. i might go with gunbuster or lain based on this tho, since they're pretty short.

black lagoon actually i started watching and wasn't too convinced but i kept it on my "plan to watch" thing just to give it another shot. sometimes it doesn't click right away u know

I don't know if I can assist someone as evil as you!!!!!

In all seriousness:

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex / Black Lagoon
lol don't pay too much attention to my scores, i generally just rate something without much thought, tho most of my 10s are things i love dearly.

also i stopped watching mushishi cos the single anime tv channel we had in argentina got canceled while i was watching it so it wasn't really my choice :I

actually same thing happened with wolf's rain, i dunno why i set it to "completed"

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, if you think about it, they were really in a SHAFT situation. By that I mean, the entire episode is two people not moving or doing anything but talking, so how do you make that visually interesting? SHAFT uses weird camera angles, strange cutting techniques, weird visual metaphors etc etc.

If Theonik was Shinbo?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Is this post parody?

duckroll

Haikyu - Episode 23-24

Goddamn. The end of this match was so fucking great. It was a really long match, and pretty drawn out, but still extremely satisfying. The way it played out really did a fantastic job of contrasting all the advantages and disadvantages both teams had, and in the end the result came down to simply how one team was better. Towards the end I think the progression of the match definitely got a bit dramatic, but it made everything more exciting too. I'm really glad they didn't pull any sort of deus ex machina at the end too. The most important message was that regardless of victory or defeat, it remains satisfying to know that you and your team gave your all, and that growing together and improving together will create better results in the future.

I would be totally happy with the series ending right here, but it seems we're lucky enough to have another episode to go. Should be nice sort of epilogue which bridges this season with the next. Considering how successful the series is, there's certainly another season in the works. Maybe they'll confirm it next week? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom