• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Odyssey gets near-perfect score (39/40) from Famitsu

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

I dunno if everyone is just joking in this thread, but in the past we knew Famitsu did paid reviews... has everyone forgotten that? Like it's the least relevant review site in my memory.

Not

Banned
I dunno if everyone is just joking in this thread, but in the past we knew Famitsu did paid reviews... has everyone forgotten that? Like it's the least relevant review site in my memory.

This is no joke. No one's buying Mario anymore. Paid reviews or no.

Zurick

Banned

Guy. If you can't buy another point from Famitsu your game must be a joke. Just went and pre-ordered another 39 copies from Amazon so I could cancel the 40/40 I can count to.

Have a nice life Mario. We're done.

Not the person you're quoting but yes and no

If FIFA started allowing you to pick up the ball and put it in the net like basketball I'd expect it to get crappy scores even if the game is actually good in its own right
Did you pull a muscle reaching for that false equivalency?

HE8iZrBpC8qUzvKsdlwQI8po_YQ=.gif

Chris1

Like if Mario instead of being a character that jumps becomes a character that gets a jet pack on his back, or can transform into all kind of other creatures?
I think odyssey still looks like Mario btw I'm just saying sometimes changing a game too much deserves a bad score even if the game itself is good

I also haven't played Zelda yet so not referring to that either. Just speaking in general.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Never been a Mario fan but even I'm reeling from this. It's an important franchise and to see it go down in flames with a 39 Famitsu score is frankly undignified. I hope all the Amiibo weather this tragic turn as best they can and they all land on their plastic display stands safely at another publisher.

You should read it to the end. All the crticisms imo are very valid. I will agree however that the game has charm.

But not to derail, SMO will gather a lot of 10/10, some 9/10 and the outlying 8/10 and ofc the mandatory it sucks 5/10

Review scores were a mistake.

phanphare

Banned
hey guys mario odyssey has gotten two good reviews so far

let's talk about botw and how its review aggregate is totally fraudulent because I said so

/s

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'll have to complement you guys for taking one-liners, memes and quips to the highest of levels (maybe 39/40) in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom