• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros 4 DLC: 5 more characters spaces found in 3DS Files

Clefargle

XQtq2QY.png
This is the only righteous answer

We already knew that we are getting DLC for Smash Bros and Mario Kart. I don't see any point of this? Did I miss something?

Well before the data mine people said mewtwo would be it, just because of some statements ssakurai made. But you know sakurai, he says a lot of things... Secondly iwata probably came to him saying, smash is life... Amiibo... we need dlc.. please understand...

Neoxon

Well before the data mine people said mewtwo would be it, just because of some statements ssakurai made. But you know sakurai, he says a lot of things... Secondly iwata probably came to him saying, smash is life... Amiibo... we need dlc.. please understand...
But that doesn't mean he won't stop at 6 like the data mining suggests he would. Like he said when the DLC Hype Train started to get going, he can't make that many characters.

For now, let's just say the last 2 slots are it beyond Lucas, Roy, & Ryu. Given that Wolf is a relatively safe bet, we may only get 1 character from the ballot.

MrPanic

really? you're going to drop the game because of one lousy character? that seems a bit immature.
It usually takes one character to scare someone off a fighting game. I definitely made some friends of mine quit sf4 with my old main Blanka and my friends Seth definitely put that game out of my friends minds for a while. It doesn't really matter what the real reason is, it just a combination of annoyances that ultimately gets represented by a character. In my case it's Ryu that represents a slew of annoying fights, years of training, games I wish I didn't spend money on and casualization of fighting games in general. So yes, I would drop a game for him, he's basically a trauma for me that I don't want to overcome in the near future.
Good. You won't be missed.
You must make everyone proud with comments like that.

Red Devil

Aren't K. Rool and Wolf doing well in the ballot, alongside Wonder Red? I'm almost convinced at least two of those three will make it. I would really dislike the idea of Banjo-Kazooie making it specially seeing how their games will never make it to Nintendo consoles again(unless Nintendo somehow got the IP), for that reason I'm discounting them.

Plus Ryu isn't completely confirmed yet, but what will more likely happen is that they'll introduce Ryu at E3, which will include a Ken alternate costume followed by the presentation of the Wii U release of Street Fighter V which will include Captain Falcon and Little Mac as playable characters.
Just kidding, don't kill me please!

Despite what Sakurai said, I doubt we'll get more than 3 new characters at most from the fan ballet (so not Ryu). If nothing else, Bomberman won't be playable.

Red Devil

No one here could possibly know that.

I thought there were people taking note based on anecdotal evidence(which is better than nothing I guess...).

How plausible is it having Plusle and Minun as Pichu alt costumes? Are their bodies too different?

I believe Plusle and Minun's legs are longer and their ears are longer but more narrow plus their tails' shape are different, but I could see it happening if they wanted.

Neoxon

Aren't K. Rool and Wolf doing well in the ballot, alongside Wonder Red? I'm almost convinced at least two of those three will make it. I would really dislike the idea of Banjo-Kazooie making it specially seeing how their games will never make it to Nintendo consoles again(unless Nintendo somehow got the IP), for that reason I'm discounting them.

Plus Ryu isn't completely confirmed yet, but what will more likely happen is that they'll introduce Ryu at E3, which will include a Ken alternate costume followed by the presentation of the Wii U release of Street Fighter V which will include Captain Falcon and Little Mac as playable characters.
Just kidding, don't kill me please!
Wolf's a relatively safe bet regardless of the ballot. As for SFV, that's not happening since Sony's paying for development of the game (it's somewhat like the Bayonetta 2 situation, except Sony is making SFV exist sooner rather than helping it exist at all).

As for the ballot, all we have to go on are estimates that aren't entirely accurate since it only takes the loud minority into account. It paints a decent picture of how people are voting, but said painting is missing some details that could give us a clearer picture of what's going on with the ballot right now.

pizzacat

Banned
It usually takes one character to scare someone off a fighting game. I definitely made some friends of mine quit sf4 with my old main Blanka and my friends Seth definitely put that game out of my friends minds for a while. It doesn't really matter what the real reason is, it just a combination of annoyances that ultimately gets represented by a character. In my case it's Ryu that represents a slew of annoying fights, years of training, games I wish I didn't spend money on and casualization of fighting games in general. So yes, I would drop a game for him, he's basically a trauma for me that I don't want to overcome in the near future.

You must make everyone proud with comments like that.
Wow #gitgud

Jesus I can't even try to comprehend this, you don't want a character because someone is good with him in another game and because what he represents to casual players trying to get into SF?

And the last line got me too man lol stop dude

Neoxon

Despite what Sakurai said, I doubt we'll get more than 3 new characters at most from the fan ballet (so not Ryu). If nothing else, Bomberman won't be playable.
I actually somewhat doubt we'll get anymore characters beyond the 6 slots that were found in the 3DS data, meaning only 1 ballot character if the other mystery slot is for Wolf.

Hatchtag

Banned
I actually somewhat doubt we'll get anymore characters beyond the 6 slots that were found in the 3DS data, meaning only 1 ballot character if the other mystery slot is for Wolf.

I wouldn't put too much reliance on the slots of this update data. It's probably really easy for them to create a new slot.
I'm hoping we're gonna get the 5 R's. Ryu, Roy, Ridley, Ray and Rool.

Neoxon

I wouldn't put too much reliance on the slots of this update data. It's probably really easy for them to create a new slot.
I'm hoping we're gonna get the 5 R's. Ryu, Roy, Ridley, Ray and Rool.
At the same time, Sakurai can't constantly make new characters until 2017. He has to stop at some point if his Twitter post is anything to go by, & 6 looks to be a valid number.

Dryk

At the same time, Sakurai can't constantly make new characters until 2017. He has to stop at some point if his Twitter post is anything to go by, & 6 looks to be a valid number.
He can't keep making Smash forever. He should have just let the team handle the DLC characters without him as a test and taken a holiday. I mean they're only going to be making 1 new character anyway and he'll probably be the last one revealed.

Neoxon

He can't keep making Smash forever. He should have just let the team handle the DLC characters without him as a test and taken a holiday. I mean they're only going to be making 1 new character anyway and he'll probably be the last one revealed.
More likely than not, the ballot character will be a newcomer since most of the veterans that can be in Smash 4 will be covered (Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, & most likely Wolf). So that's 2 newcomers.

But that doesn't mean he won't stop at 6 like the data mining suggests he would. Like he said when the DLC Hype Train started to get going, he can't make that many characters.

For now, let's just say the last 2 slots are it beyond Lucas, Roy, & Ryu. Given that Wolf is a relatively safe bet, we may only get 1 character from the ballot.

I don't know about you all, but that many characters is a blessing. This is coming from brawl with no dlc and my other fav fighting game umvc3 didn't get more than 8. The possibility of more mii customs, using them online, other modes and perhaps customs or alts for mains is enough. Nintendo is going all out, a trend they started with Mario kart dlc.

Son Of D

I get that people are entitled to their own opinions and all but this is quite the overreaction.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Second Sega rep and second Namco rep.

I for one welcome Miku and Haruka into the Smash fold.

Top Bottom