• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT2| Nintendo All-Stars Battle Quarter Pounder

Status
Not open for further replies.
The very idea of legal stages is laughable. They're in the game, they're legal.

Uhh... you want a tournament decided by how many coins someone collect in Golden Plains, or whoever Reshiram decides to target with RNG? And not the skill of the player?

That doesn't sound entertaining to watch or play in a high skill setting.

The nerfs to Olimar really hurt my desire to play as him. I've seen footage of him and it seems the limit to 3 pikmin at a time really messes with his usability.

-Horizon-

He's played on stream, yes. Not sure if he's still in the tournament, though.
:(

Guys.. The time of Smash is almost here for us all! I can't freakin' wait. >.<

What?
LpkfGA3.jpg

Sheik needs a clone. All Top-tier characters need clones for the sake of aesthetic variety.

If only the Zelda series had another ninja like character. Maybe one that had been in nearly every game in the series.
I wonder who trained Sheik? She must be a good ninja to be able to train Sheik! Too bad we have no idea who she is and will never know.

DaBoss

I just realized a problem with the 3DS.I hope people are honest and don't move the wireless slider to turn off wireless.

Memory is foggy, if there were then that's only 3 Olimars still lol.

@emb: Rain was Meta Knight, I think. There were 2 Japanese MKs, Otori and Rain. I also seem to remember that Rain also had a ROB? Or maybe that was a different Japanese player...

Rain had a Falco too, Ocean was the ROB that beat M2K, Nietono was the other Olimar, you might remember him winning the Japanese Smash 4 tournament recently :p

edit: and lol there are a lot more than 2 Japanese Meta Knights :p

If only the Zelda series had another ninja like character. Maybe one that had been in nearly every game in the series.
I wonder who trained Sheik? She must be a good ninja to be able to train Sheik! Too bad we have no idea who she is and will never know.

Exactly! That sheikah is who we need.

Impa where are you!?

It's early days yet though, I said what I said as a joke. Would have been funnier if Fox or Falco was seemingly overpowered this time around.

Not likely since they got nerfed to hell.

Sheik, on the other hand, has no landing lag a flip kick that's hard to punish and grenades.

That's one huge buff.

Moonlight

Banned
Not really relevant to anything, but apparently at the JP regional, there was a good Robin/Megaman? Did that happen and if so, is there a video?

Hatchtag

Banned
Should note I played a good Shulk for the first time today. Shulk's very much a range character when played well it seems; he's too slow to strike from up close, so you gotta make up for it by using his great range.

DaBoss

Should note I played a good Shulk for the first time today. Shulk's very much a range character when played well it seems; he's too slow to strike from up close, so you gotta make up for it by using his great range.
The beam part of the Monado is stronger than the red part right?
Jumpman did pretty well with Mario. I wish he won.
I don't know, it felt like he was doing some unnecessary moves as well as wasting his throws.

Hatchtag

Banned
The beam part of the Monado is stronger than the red part right?

Yeah, beam part is stronger.
The start up makes him really difficult to play. I personally don't really like playing as him, but it was nice to see that he's not terrible when used correctly.

RomanceDawn

Man the stream is lagging hard for me. Hard for me to enjoy it at the moment. Sadly Shokio's voice is coming through clear as a bell.

Revven

I told you man, Bwett with Little Mac is the favorite to win. The only person who can contest him is Denti lol.

RomanceDawn

Aero is salty! You can tell he thinks Little Mac is over powered. It's only a matter of time before people really figure out how to deal with the seemingly overwhelming new skills from the new characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom