• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XV: Kübler-Ross Edition

ffdgh

pPtxmUO.gif

It's ok! Male lucina is playable!....oh wait.

DrStiles

- palutena's smash reach is incredible. Her up smash is the giant pillar laser beam thing. Her side smash moves a bit forward and her wings slap in front of her.

- robin is FANTASTIC. Magic is not slow, when he has his spell book his attack speed is really good. If you use a smash attack in the air IT USES HIS MAGIC SMASHES. If you use a normal aerial it uses his other weapon.

Yes. I love it, and I need this game now.

Josephl64

So how were Brawl's impressions before release? I'm just wondering how positive you can be with this kind of stuff with how little time you get with demos.

don't know, all I know is I liked brawl and then ended up loving it when it got released...most I hear don't so...nevermind I guess?

So how were Brawl's impressions before release? I'm just wondering how positive you can be with this kind of stuff with how little time you get with demos.

I remember playing Brawl at the E 4 All convention pre-release. This was one of the first instances the game was available for play. (The very first?) I and plenty others immediately recognized how shitty the game was lmao. So, yeah, if we keep getting consistent reviews and impressions like this, it is a great, great sign.

Also I don't mean to start a Melee vs Brawl argument with that comment so please...

Revven

Brawl didn't have any public demos before release like this other than one public demo at E 4 All which was a fairly early version of the game (as apparently a lot changed? I dunno).

emb

And so many have as-of-yet unrepresented ideas, too. Robin with limited-number attacks, Rosalina's secondary character under only partial control, Little Mac's KO punch system, Palutena's four full special movesets through customization, and Shulk's in-game playstyle changes are all completely new ideas to the franchise, while the only new introduction of the sort in Brawl was Lucario's aura.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was getting at. You worded a lot better than I did though. :)

It's like most of the new characters have a really interesting gimmick (in the positive sense of the word) that makes sets them in a bit of a different paradigm than we're used to. IC's, Sheik, and Lucario were similarly disruptive, and I love it. :3

Roo

Summary so far:

- Ledge snap SEVERELY nerfed. I feels like Melee ledge grab.

- Meta knights up b is like Marth's up b. It hits people like once and sorta knocks them away and has an upward direction to it.

His tornado still has a lot of hits but you can DI it pretty easy because the hits are actually less frequent, I don't know yet about its priority.

- Pivot cancel is still in

- Pac Man is SLOW. Every single one of his aerials are kicks. His forward aerial is a double kick, his back air is like Mario. The thing that stood our about him is his utter sluggish-ness. His fall speed is like brawl. His run speed is slow. His forward b sends a pellet out in front of him, and then he turns in to classic pacman and boosts towards it. It's kind of like greninja'd shadow sneak thing except you can't time it.

- lucario is unchanged except his smash attacks feel MUCH faster.

- peach is unchanged except for her up aerial. It's now a rainbow thing, it has an arched hitbox over the top of her head, she draws it with her hand.

- Zelda has a white costume

- Ike feels unchanged. I was never an Ike main so I don't know the specifics but his attacks were all the same general thing, nothing new I noticed.

- pacman. He feels slow, but his attacks felt like they had a good hitbox, because he's really fat and his legs stretch when he kicks. He just felt really interesting to play, but I ended up using his aerials the most because of their hit boxes.

- Peach's turnip pull speed is nerfed. She can still move in to float to do things like crown and nair. Her fsmash goes tennis club, golf club, and frying pan. I believe it's a set order now.

- Sonic still dies pitifully if you end up in a spin without a jump

- ledge stalling may be impossible now? If you drop from the ledge and jump back up, you literally will just NOT grab it. It's like the ledge gains invulnerability to your grab for a certain time after you let go. DO NOT TAKE THIS OUT OF CONTEXT. I am not 100% sure I need to try it again on my 2nd go around but in my last match I basically lived on the ledge trying this out.

I could no re-grab the ledge directly after letting go and jumping back in to obvious grab range.

- palutena's smash reach is incredible. Her up smash is the giant pillar laser beam thing. Her side smash moves a bit forward and her wings slap in front of her.

- robin is FANTASTIC. Magic is not slow, when he has his spell book his attack speed is really good. If you use a smash attack in the air IT USES HIS MAGIC SMASHES. If you use a normal aerial it uses his other weapon.

- Lucina is not playable.

- chrom appears in robins victory pose.

- they are really right on pictures and video. I almost got kicked out for trying.

- villagers up b is the most overpowered recovery I've ever seen.

- whoever is worried about combos, there are combos.

- YOU CAN CANCEL RUN WITH SHEILD.

Revven

Smash and tilt attacks as approach options

Well, you still have to go through the start-up of the shield being pulled up but if there's no shield drop lag then I guess it's going to be negligible. It'd be nice if you could dash cancel, though. (Cancel a dash by crouching). BUT I'll take shield cancel.

NexusCell

ITS LIKE ITS CHRISTMAS IN SEPTEMBER

THE ONLY THING THAT WOULD MAKE THIS EVEN BETTER IS IF ITS ALSO IN THE WIIU VERSION

SOMEONE HOLD ME

J@hranimo

Banned
Lucina is unlockable I believe, so that's why she isn't playable.

Palutena isn't unlockable though >:D

Wreaking havoc day 1 confirmed!

There were demos of the final build of Brawl leading up to the release in Japan. That's where we first learned about Dedede's chaingrabbing. I think the game was still a huge mystery, though. It wasn't for another couple months or so that people finally started to understand the game.

solomon

From 2ch:
Olimar has Alph as a costume
Robin's hair model doesn't change. Only color changes.
Fox has a Wolf color scheme (possible the poster is confusing it with the black Fox from Brawl)

Posted on reddit, were now getting info from another guy.

Do you guys think it's thread worthy?

New information = new thread is the general rule. You could/should probably umbrella it as a "SSB4 Japan Demo Impressions" thread. That way we can gather and better organize all the information that's bound to be flooding in through the coming days.

Revven

Someone from 2ch is also playing one of the demos and confirms the following:

From 2ch:
Olimar has Alph as a costume
Robin's hair model doesn't change. Only color changes.
Fox has a Wolf color scheme (possible the poster is confusing it with the black Fox from Brawl)
More:
He can't rise with his tornado. Shuttle loop is like a shitty Dolphin Slash.
Down smash is the same speed, but potentially not as much knockback
Up air more recovery frames.
Metaknight has Dark Metaknight and Galactaknight costumes.
https://twitter.com/Papepia/status/508078093617995776
Edit 2:
According to this, Fierce Deity Link is an alt

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c...rdszipzos_feedback_on_the_latest_demo/ckahdsr

MK NERFS BOI, MK NERFS!!!!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Apparently someone spotted the Alpha alt for Olimar?

But I don't know if this is confirmed, just saw someone claim 2ch admitted it. But if this is the retail version, it'd be in if the leak was true.

FIERCE DEITY LINK????!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom