• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XV: Kübler-Ross Edition

Ahnez

Why was his tail missing?
ssbmsamusvsridley.gif
Never noticed that Samus uses the boosters on her back to jump

That's why I want Black Shadow as a newcomer in the next Smash. He could have Fakedorfs moveset for the handful of people that actually like it, and we'll finally get the real Ganondorf as a playable character.

I don't want Black Shadow because he's dumb. If you want to put in an F-Zero character, add Samurai Goroh or Pico. Even Deathborne would be more interesting than Black Shadow (though he might be a bit too grim-looking for Smash, idk). Or Blood Falcon as a unique character would make sense as Captain Falcon clone (I mean, he is literally a Captain Falcon clone, so he'd make sense as such).

I also just know that if Ganondorf got a new moveset, Zelda fans would still not be happy. There's nothing Sakurai could do to make Zelda fans happy. Nothing.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I don't want Black Shadow because he's dumb. If you want to put in an F-Zero character, add Samurai Goroh or Pico. Even Deathborne would be more interesting than Black Shadow (though he might be a bit too grim-looking for Smash, idk). Or Blood Falcon as a unique character would make sense as Captain Falcon clone (I mean, he is literally a Captain Falcon clone, so he'd make sense as such).

I also just know that if Ganondorf got a new moveset, Zelda fans would still not be happy. There's nothing Sakurai could do to make Zelda fans happy. Nothing.

Deathborn is fine. He is Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain. If we can have Giga Bowser we can have Deathborn easily.

And Ganondorf fans would be happy. Zelda as a standalone character now is pointless when you can just use Sheik. Zelda can be good if you can mindgame well as a mage. But then you have Robin.

georly

After brawl, I'll take any bone he threw me. If it were brawl, I bet you'd be right.

Make Link and Zelda not hot garbage in almost every game (Link might be fixed in Smash 4 at least), and overhaul Toon Link and Ganondorf.

3DS, sorry.

Hades would be perfect if he and Viridi had a conversation during the Reset Bomb stage.

I assume this was dropped because repetition.

Secret taunts like Codec and Star Fox comms.

I like all three games tho...I just can't stand looking at kiddy lol. Solo Dixie almost all the way!

Considering how the franchise on the Snes went.

Diddy got his own game and then Dixie, what would the fourth be like?
Chunky Kong's Electric Boogaloo? Who would be his partner?

SuperSah

Banned
I was looking at the pretty much legitimate leak and admire Fox and Falco's opposite poses.

Anyway, next to Bowser on the bottom screen, was does that star*XX mean?

My mind on SSBB is foggy, so apologies if it is obvious:

ssb4-leak-3.png

Ahnez

I was looking at the pretty much legitimate leak and admire Fox and Falco's opposite poses.

ssb4-leak-3.png
It is your KO count.

Toxi

Banned
The entire "cloning Metroids using cells found on Samus' suit" explanation in Metroid Other M is so goddamn stupid. Why on Earth would the Galactic Federation need to do that when Metroid Fusion shows in the very first cutscene that they already had the last Metroid's cells and used it for the X vaccine? Did they just forget they had those lying around?

And why did they keep the whole thing a secret from Samus when she gave the Federation scientists a Metroid to study in the first place?

Do the Galactic Federation just really like making things harder for themselves?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

ssb4-leak-3.png

Number of ko's you had with the character if you kept on using the same setup.

Make Link and Zelda not hot garbage in almost every game (Link might be fixed in Smash 4 at least), and overhaul Toon Link and Ganondorf.

So what Zelda fans want to be even remotely pleased:
All characters have to be at the very least mid tier.
5 unique movesets.

Anything else?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Good point, though I imagine an enormous brain monster is different from being able to see through a transparent skull-piece of a humanoid. I'm not very well-versed in regards to rating issues, though.

Eh I'm sure his profile clears up all that. It's stated he traded human organs for cybernetic ones to attain virtual immortality. And he essentially has Eldritch powers from the underworld and has a awesome race car.

The entire "cloning Metroids using cells found on Samus' suit" explanation in Metroid Other M is so goddamn stupid. Why on Earth would the Galactic Federation need to do that when Metroid Fusion shows in the very first cutscene that they already had the last Metroid's cells and used it for the X vaccine? Did they just forget they already had those lying around?

And why did they keep the whole thing a secret from Samus when she gave the Federation scientists a Metroid to study in the first place?

Do the Galactic Federation just really like making things harder for themselves?

Other M is so stupid it literally makes all Metroids non canon and contradicts every single one.

JoeInky

The entire "cloning Metroids using cells found on Samus' suit" explanation in Metroid Other M is so goddamn stupid. Why on Earth would the Galactic Federation need to do that when Metroid Fusion shows in the very first cutscene that they already had the last Metroid's cells and used it for the X vaccine? Did they just forget they already had those lying around?

Because they wanted to shoehorn the cliched "The government is secretly evil" trope in to the series a second time.

The GF are a lot cooler when Other M is taken out of the equation.

Also their power armour is shit in Other M too.

Piccolo I agree.
He was in all this Nintendo games.

Pico.jpg

Eh I'm sure his profile clears up all that. It's stated he traded human organs for cybernetic ones to attain virtual immortality. And he essentially has Eldritch powers from the underworld and has a awesome race car.

Except Dark Schneider is one of the worst (if not THE worst) cars in GX lmao. But it does look really damn cool.
And yeah, Deathborne would be a much much better fit to inherit Ganondorf's current moveset than Black Shadow. IIRC Black Shadow doesn't even have any powers beyond just being really strong and smart.

So Jumpman / Blue Mario is confirmed dropped for Baby Blue? :(

But he was "a regular in the Smash series."
It's fanmade. Don't worry.

You know speaking of colors, is it wrong that one of the things I'm most excited about is to (hopefully) find out about all the alt colors when the game releases this weekend? :p
Except Dark Schneider is one of the worst (if not THE worst) cars in GX lmao. But it does look really damn cool.
Wait really? I thought it was considered to be really good if the speed is set on 80%.

rekameohs

Banned
The GF trooper logs where they treated Samus like some sort of supernatural myth like Bigfoot were the best in the Prime series. Same goes for the Pirates who thought of her as some terrifying monster.

Then Other M comes and the Pirates are literal bugs and the troopers are just a bunch of dumb assholes.

Lunar15

The GF trooper logs where they treated Samus like some sort of supernatural myth like Bigfoot were the best in the Prime series. Same goes for the Pirates who thought of her as some terrifying monster.

Then Other M comes and the Pirates are literal bugs and the troopers are just a bunch of dumb assholes.

I think there was one trooper who thought she was a guy, which I found pretty funny. Then there was the female trooper who was like "that guy's full of shit, samus is a girl and she's totally awesome!"

I've been playing Fast Brawls (special brawl settings) with the bae the past couple of days and it feels way better. Ganondorf feels perfect, too.

No, it's absolutely garbage because it's terrible to do any of the ATs with it.
And you might be mistaking it with Black Bull.
It's been a real while since I checked up on some of the infos and all that on the vehicles, but I know Dark Schneider stood out for being apparently good as long as the speed is set on 80%. Never really tried using any ATs with it though.

I actually know how good Black Bull is since I use it lol.

RomanceDawn

Yeah he was great. I won my one match by a landslide. His tether recovery is literally insane. I witnessed it myself, firsthand.

oBll4hm.jpg

Normally if you're down that low and you already used your 2nd jump, you're dead... not anymore.

I know I'm late with this reply but I am so looking forward to guys like Link and Bowser truly holding their own in high level play. At least for a while anyway. Link's recovery improving so much is going to be such a huge buff to him and with that fierce deity costume I just know he is going to see so much more use now!

I don't use anyone but Bowser and Donkey Kong but there are characters that I just want to see perform really well, they include: Link, Yoshi, Zelda, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Ness, Samus and Mario.

Early impressions don't always mean much though, but at the same time when Brawl first hit I remember a lot of negativity immediately and that certainly divided the fan base. As far as character traits though everything was backwards except for the Falcon impressions. I remember Matt Cassamasina(? IGN Matt who loved apple remember?) he asked Sakurai directly "can anyone win with Dedede?) Obviously he's the type who obviously doesn't really understand Smash and probably tries to spam smash attacks all day wondering why he couldn't win. But it was things like that in the beginning that defined guys like Olimar or even Metaknight hahaha. So fast forward some years later and all that meant jack squat once people understood the small details characters offered.

With that said I do think sensibilities have changed in the Smash world and we can see potential a little better than before. So when I read all this good stuff about Link and Mario I can't help but get excited that this game may have some real balance with the majority of characters! Imagine if at least 40 of these guys are viable in a high level setting?! I'm not saying they are equal, I'm just saying what if at least 40 fighters could hold their own with one another with no down right devastating disadvantages?!

No more Dedede chain grabs on my two mains! YAHOO!

SuperSah

Banned
Online play must work if it scored 37/40 on Famitsu.

But yeah, need to hear it from players.

Namco netcode + KI Uprising has my hopes high.

HiroTSK5

The moment in Metroid Prime 2 when the pirates realize that there is a second "Hunter" and their response is pretty much "Shit" is always hilarioius.

So are you guys going to buy a physical copy of Smash Bros 3DS or just download it?

Download, I want it 9PM October 2nd.

Ahnez

The Space Pirate logs are just incridible lol

Like them trying to replicate the Morph Ball :p

SuperSah

Banned
So are you guys going to buy a physical copy of Smash Bros 3DS or just download it?

Physical, because:

1) My preorder is way cheaper than digital

2) The box art is rad

3) I want to be able to play it across any 3DS console

4) Still iffy on Nintendo's accounts.

Top Bottom