• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U to be release on Dec. 5 in Europe

Semajer

Pretty shit that there isn't a bundle with the amiibo, the adapter, and the controller. Really shit that the adapter bundle doesn't come with a controller.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
- Dec. 5 is only for Europe so far.

12 amiibo coming out on Nov. 28, in Europe.
6 amiibo to be released on Dec. 19 (Europe).
There's a special bundle with the Mario figurine (Europe-only?)

Oooh, I missed the amiibo bundle! and Mario..here I come!
any info on the price?

Pretty shit that there isn't a bundle with the amiibo, the adapter, and the controller. Really shit that the adapter bundle doesn't come with a controller.

The [controller] adapter and game bundle does come with a controller.

Even if they tossed an amiibo into that bundle set, I can't imagine them knocking much of a price off of 12.99.. maybe 3 more bucks?

Golnei

Finally we get something better/earlier than Europe.

Shin_Megami_Tensei_IV_Cover.jpg

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hoping for the digital edition to be out on November 21 in Europe as well, but that's probably a wish that's not going to be realized. Shame the Wii U is region encoded, otherwise I'd import the game. For Brawl, I imported a console and the game from Japan, but I don't wanna go through that hassle one more time.

Super excited. It's smart to release first in NA as the date is most important in that territory. Especially with the success of Disney Infinity and Skylanders Nintendo wants this game before Black Friday.

Also happy about Captain Toad.

walnuts

I just don't get it with the Gamecube controller. Wasn't it better if they released a wireless controller, with the ZL button included instead of releasing the original controller again? If this controller was just like the pro but with the look and feel of the gamecube one, available for playing all Wii U games, I would have purchased it. But this controller seems to be useful only for Smash Bros, I don't see the point on buying it.

MicH

What the hell

Europe is getting Pokemon ORAS, Smash Bros Wii U and Toad later than NA

What the fuck

What the hell

What the fuck

I think ORAS was because X/Y got leaked a week early.
Smash Bros is because US only got it early due to Black Friday.
I have zero clue about Toad. That to me is the most baffling.

I actually wish NA got that bundle that came with the game and adapter only. I have plenty of Gamecube controllers and don't care about the bundle in the US that comes with it.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I think ORAS was because X/Y got leaked a week early.
Smash Bros is because US only got it early due to Black Friday.
I have zero clue about Toad. That to me is the most baffling.

To give space for SSB and probably also to focus the advertising on SSB for the holidays. It's quite logical knowing the situation of Wii U in Europe.

Glass Rebel

Glad your also thinking about the Wii-U only people, with that delay comment

:p

But you aint lying about it being a busy Dec

Eh, I just said that it makes no difference to me whether it's a December or early 2015 release since I'll be busy with exams and papers. Of course, I'm happy for the Wii U only people that they still get to play the game this year.

I just don't get it with the Gamecube controller. Wasn't it better if they released a wireless controller, with the ZL button included instead of releasing the original controller again? If this controller was just like the pro but with the look and feel of the gamecube one, available for playing all Wii U games, I would have purchased it. But this controller seems to be useful only for Smash Bros, I don't see the point on buying it.

For Smash Bros.

And wireless would be worse because it's bad at tournaments where have dozens of these in one room. Don't want signals interfering or accidentally connecting while in your bag.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So not only do we have to wait a week for Pokémon OR/AS, and the fact that Captain Toad is a 2015 title but we also have to wait two weeks for Smash Bros Wii U.

Nintendo of Europe what the hell are you doing? :mad:

At least on the bright side the gap for Smash Bros Wii U and Pokémon OR/AS is short and we will have Smash Bros 3DS and Pokémon OR/AS demo to tie us over.

I hate street dates and I hate the Wii U isn't region free. I'd rather play this as soon as possible than wait behind pointless world dates.
Fucking dumb.

Busaiku

What the hell

What the fuck

Europe gets Inazuma 11 games, Professor Layton games come out earlier, Bravely Default came out earlier, Fantasy Life came out earlier, Hyrule Warriors came out earlier, etc.
2 games come out 1/2 weeks later? Big deal.

Grizzo

Finally we get something better/earlier than Europe.

You must be kidding. I hope you are.

Europe gets Inazuma 11 games, Professor Layton games come out earlier, Bravely Default came out earlier, Fantasy Life came out earlier, Hyrule Warriors came out earlier, etc.
2 games come out 1/2 weeks later? Big deal.

Europe has always been getting the short end of the stick and that's a fact. Maybe we can talk about all those good games that never even saw the day of light in Europe, such as Harvest Moon 64? Chrono Trigger, Kirby's Dream Land 3, Earthbound on the SNES? (well EB finally came out last year) Baten Kaitos Origins, Cubivore, Megaman Collection on GameCube? Shin Megami Tensei IV on the 3DS,

Yes, Hyrule Warriors came out one week before the US but it's not like it's a major game such as Smash Bros, where people playing online generally add each other and play the most in the first few week of release.

Semajer

The [controller] adapter and game bundle does come with a controller.

Even if they tossed an amiibo into that bundle set, I can't imagine them knocking much of a price off of 12.99.. maybe 3 more bucks?

Where on the adapter set does it say that it includes a controller? The side of the box even says (sold separately).

Europe has always been getting the short end of the stick and that's a fact. Maybe we can talk about all those good games that never even saw the day of light in Europe, such as Harvest Moon 64? Chrono Trigger, Kirby's Dream Land 3, Earthbound on the SNES? (well EB finally came out last year) Baten Kaitos Origins, Cubivore, Megaman Collection on GameCube? Shin Megami Tensei IV on the 3DS,

Yes, Hyrule Warriors came out one week before the US but it's not like it's a major game such as Smash Bros, where people playing online generally add each other and play the most in the first few week of release.

Yeah but we got Layton a few months earlier and Pokemon Black/White two days earlier so it's obviously even!

JoeM86

I seem to remember this happening before. America gets something for Black Friday, Europe and Japan getting it later.

Oh that's right. IT WAS THE WII. This is nothing new :p

Where on the adapter set does it say that it includes a controller? The side of the box even says (sold separately).

Yeah it doesn't come with one.

Busaiku

Times have mostly changed since 10 years ago.
Nowadays, European Nintendo fans generally get a much better deal than Americans.
There were so many more promos for free games, your Club Nintendo rewards are much better, and you get more games from Nintendo. We never got Fatal Frame, Disaster, Another Code R, we don't get Inazuma 11, we don't get those good special editions, and we more often than not get games later.
Yeah, Marvelous and Atlus have trouble in Europe, but at least you're still getting those games (of course, much later), as opposed to not at all.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
question about the whole gamecube controller thing:
can i use my gamecube controller for other games? like mk8?

MicH

Does it really matter who gets fucked over the most? It is extremely annoying and really shouldn't happen - especially with games like Pokemon where every region gets it November 21st - except Europe. It is just really annoying. At least with Smash only one region gets it before the others

question about the whole gamecube controller thing:
can i use my gamecube controller for other games? like mk8?
Nothing has been announced yet IIRC

Holy shit Little Mac is on the second set and its releasing soon?
All my money!

PD Not if they cost fucking 15euros I wont.

but I thought 21/11 was the official date for Europe as well :(

BzRa6CCCUAAJjoe.jpg
I really hope that price is a lie as much as the date is.

Infinity figures cost 9 euros for fucks sake.

Hahahaha Japan where's your month grace period now.

And wait, a European Smash Bros. delay?! You don't SAY.

You know, they need to add those shitty european dubs done by amateur germans trying to speak a foreign language at Nintendo of Europe HQ...
And I say this as a person that like its games dub to its language.
Not when they are done by fucking amateurs like smash bros though.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
On nintendo store uk~
game 50pounds
gamd +mariibo 60pounds

being the figures 13.99p you save 3.99p

will be mine

AdanVC

So there it is. My gaming holiday purchase list is now complete.

-Bayonetta 2
-Smash for Wii U + GC controller bundle
-2 or 3 (or 4) Amiibo figures
-Pokémon Omega Ruby since this was the one I played back in 2003.
-Captain Toad: Treasure Pirate Hunter.
-NES Remix feat. MC Hammer Retail version.

That's it for me omg. How do you guys with all three home consoles plus 3DS and Vita can handle this holiday season purchases?? hah.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So Nintendo UK is selling the standalone for £49.99 and the Amiibo bundle for £59.99. Amazon on the other hand is selling it for £39.85 and Amiibo Mario is £10, so buying them separately is cheaper than the bundle and you don't get the USK logo.

However the GCN controller adapter is priced at £17.99 (Amazon doesn't list this) so buying them separately would be £57.84 which is more than the bundle on Nintendo's site priced at £54.99.

Food for thought.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
That's it for me omg. How do you guys with all three home consoles plus 3DS and Vita can handle this holiday season purchases?? hah.

i import an new 3DS including monster hunter, play FFXIV..just started shadows of mordor and expect super smash, pokemon jp and german version, FF Explorers in december..

one game every month..and bayonetta maybe..if the announce that i can play it with my gamecube controller :D

Top Bottom