• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments

ffdgh

MK tonight.

Comment got leaked on Miiverse:

"Meta Knight’s downward strike was designed to change to a Meteor Smash when the tip of the sword is aligned just right at the start. However, it will be improved if it’s deemed too weak overall after some multiplayer play tests."

Just the tip? Since the sword is so tiny the whole hitbox should meteor smash...and be as fast as his up air to keep it balanced. :D

Just the tip? Since the sword is so tiny the whole hitbox should meteor smash...and be as fast as his up air to keep it balanced. :D

Honestly, they should keep with the theme and give all of Meta Knight's moves follow-up attacks like his Forward Tilt (or Forward Strong Attack, if you prefer that term better) on top of the Meteor Smash properties. Perfectly balanced and not at all broken.

Flowmoney

Captain Falcon needs a fire version of Psycho crusher as his tilt with crazy priority. I could totally see him pulling off something like that.

In his brawl taunt he was engulfing himself in flames.

Ezalc

Is it just me or does Sakurai like his girls tall? The only real "average-height" one so far is Peach. Samus is justifiably tall thanks to her Power Suit (and should really be even taller), WFT is amazon-sized, and Rosalina is bigger than all three, from the looks of it.

Sheik will be taller than Bowser.

Samus is already above average height for a woman. She supposed to be six feet two inches or something withough the powersuit.

Samus is already above average height for a woman. She supposed to be six feet two inches or something withough the powersuit.

That's why I said she should be even taller than she is now. Hell, both out of armor, she's only a head shorter than Master Chief. She should be towering over just about everyone in the roster by that logic.

At the same time, though, "shortening" Samus a bit works for Smash Bros, imo. It helps give her a sense of agility in comparison to making everything feel anvil-heavy, as is the case with most people in powered armor.

Is it just me or does Sakurai like his girls tall? The only real "average-height" one so far is Peach. Samus is justifiably tall thanks to her Power Suit (and should really be even taller), WFT is amazon-sized, and Rosalina is bigger than all three, from the looks of it.

Sheik will be taller than Bowser.

They're all pretty tall in their respective games. Well, Wii Fit Trainer doesn't really have any size reference to compare to, but whatever.

RomanceDawn

MK tonight.

Comment got leaked on Miiverse:

"Meta Knight’s downward strike was designed to change to a Meteor Smash when the tip of the sword is aligned just right at the start. However, it will be improved if it’s deemed too weak overall after some multiplayer play tests."

SHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Man that's good stuff!

I hope we do get Metaknight with some sort of nerf acknowledgement.

They're all pretty tall in their respective games. Well, Wii Fit Trainer doesn't really have any size reference to compare to, but whatever.

I'm not saying they're off-scale at all, it's just funny that a lot of the female contenders happen to be pretty big in the first place.

DaBoss

I would cry manly tears if Skytown or Sanctuary Fortress were to be in the game. Those two places were just jaw-dropping and just amazing in atmosphere.

Speaking of Metroid stages, I wonder what the 3DS will have for stages. It could take some from Metroid II, Zero Mission, Fusion, and Prime Hunters.

Sakurai should use a picture of Kirby wearing one of his power hats, but have the power be for a newcomer and make us try and guess who it is based on that.

Drago

I kinda feel it may be a bit too soon for another character reveal after two in December, but I'd like to hope we get Dedede or Meta Knight tomorrow.

Nia

I would cry manly tears if Skytown or Sanctuary Fortress were to be in the game.

Sanctuary Fortress would be awesome. I could see the stage taking place in the Sanctuary Temple. The stage could change to the Dark Aether version at some point and Quadraxis would appear.

Loco4Coco

I kinda feel it may be a bit too soon for another character reveal after two in December, but I'd like to hope we get Dedede or Meta Knight tomorrow.

If they do reveal another character maybe that'll be a sign that the game is close to being finished.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
You can tell by the way Sakamoto talks that he doesn't consider them canon. He just doesn't want to be confrontational about it is all.

The truth of it is it doesnt matter because the prime games were made to not interfere with the mainline story in the first place, I believe 1 and 2 took place after metroid 1

Caladrius

The truth of it is it doesnt matter because the prime games were made to not interfere with the mainline story in the first place, I believe 1 and 2 took place after metroid 1

Correct. Everything wraps up before Metroid II: The Return of Samus. (Including the sequel teased at the end of Corruption.)

I am nervous about the Metroid stage situation. When we went from Melee to Brawl many franchises that had two or more new stages in Melee were cut down to having one to make room for other franchises--the only ones that stayed at two or more stages were Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, and Donkey Kong. If more room needs to be added for new franchises again, I hope they cull from Mario's ridiculous swath of stages (five new in Brawl, no other franchise had more than two new) instead of cutting down the lowest hanging fruit of those left (Metroid and Donkey Kong).

What I'm saying is that if we get an Other M stage as the only new Metroid stage in SSBWiiU it will be a travesty.

DaBoss

Sanctuary Fortress would be awesome. I could see the stage taking place in the Sanctuary Temple. The stage could change to the Dark Aether version at some point and Quadraxis would appear.
O_O

If Quadraxis appeared........
ig4NvVM9V0QNq.gif

Gleethor

I am nervous about the Metroid stage situation. When we went from Melee to Brawl many franchises that had two or more new stages in Melee were cut down to having one to make room for other franchises--the only ones that stayed at two or more stages were Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, and Donkey Kong. If more room needs to be added for new franchises again, I hope they cull from Mario's ridiculous swath of stages (five new in Brawl, no other had more than two new) instead of cutting down the lowest hanging fruit of those left (Metroid and Donkey Kong).

What I'm saying is that if we get an Other M stage as the only new Metroid stage in SSBWiiU it will be a travesty.

I want Maridia.

kunonabi

It does matter when people use it as ammo to shit on other M or try and act as though Other M isn't canon because they didn't like it and the prime storyline is what drives the franchise.

People like to say Smash ignores the Prime series (which isn't true), but I don't think Sakurai's forgotten about Prime 3. Hopefully we'll see a Skytown stage or something.

Top Bottom