• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

TurtleSnatcher said:
This is for all the annoying Blanka flow chart players.

I hate you. DIE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H-8-Bg9288
I applaud this man.

Blanka players: I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I don't even know you, but I hate you. I hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and only to you

silky_johnson1.jpg

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
zlatko said:
Also...wtf is Ryu's weakness? Seems like he hasn't got one to be honest. With Cody I have no real wake up options, T.Hawk has a hard time getting in, Dudley can't get in, Ibuki has low health and is execution heavy, Akuma has low health, and the list goes on and on that certain characters have weaknesses to keep them in check.

Wat? Dudley has ways of keeping Ryu on his toes. Can mix up ducking under fireballs, jumps and focus to get close. If Ryu tries to jump in, Cross Counter his ass for the knockdown and go to work. s.mk is a very solid anti air as well. Ryu's footsies is the real problem, but again, mixing things up with Dudley can get you in. It takes work, but you can do it. You can also use Rolling Thunder as a Ultra. That will shut down a fireball game from Ryu since you can punish them with it. Corkscrew Cross also works as an anti air and can be used on reaction to some of Ryu's footsies (that damned c.mk).

Finally, Dudley's Rose resets every single jump on hit (it has every time I've used it). This can seriously mindfuck people.

DR2K

Banned
Threi said:
I figure she still sucks vs Rog. And cannon spike was the most ridiculous anti-air in vanilla.

Her AA was also the easiest one to punish. I actually think her CS is even better now, so much damage if she tags you in the air.

The match up got better, not as annoying as vanilla.

hitsugi said:
right around when this happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-OASmb7QnE

personally, I'm not a fan of Sherry and I think Marn is just awkward sometimes. Not really enough to deserve the hate he gets D:

Actually...he isnt awkward. he is just a huge asshole to everyone people respect his gameplay but he have very few if any friends and its because of how he acts. people try to tell him to chill out but he goes over his head so people give up on him and just walk away.

hitsugi

AkumaHokoru said:
Actually...he isnt awkward. he is just a huge asshole to everyone people respect his gameplay but he have very few if any friends and its because of how he acts. people try to tell him to chill out but he goes over his head so people give up on him and just walk away.

oh... well I was trying to be nice and play it off as awkwardness but there you have it - huge asshole :lol

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Drame said:
By "dive" I meant the Oil Dive command throw, not the Oil Slide.

But who knows; I'm one of those scrubs so maybe I should just keep on training my inputs.

I wasn't trying to be snarky on the execution thing--my main point was that for some reason capcom made the 360+K input way more strict compared to his P command throw.

Drame

bob_arctor said:
I wasn't trying to be snarky on the execution thing--my main point was that for some reason capcom made the 360+K input way more strict compared to his P command throw.
Oh, sorry.

I think I know now what I'm doing wrong.

Sometimes, when I'm jumping backwards I forget to let the stick "rest" in the neutral position. Instead I'll try to oil it up straight, which can lead to the throw coming out.

Xater said:
Wow someome has beaten a sucky Blanka. Congratulations.

@Imm0rt4l: I hate you too. :lol
Are you just fucking stupid? Or did you smoke cigarettes in your alcohol filled womb as a child. Dumbass that's the point. Flow chart shit blankas getting raped for doing that. Being shitty.

Dumbfuck troll

explodet

bob_arctor said:
Yeah, this is what's getting me a lot, I try oil sliding from the other side of the screen and instead it looks like I need a hug. It even happens on motions less than 180, which is a bit too generous for my tastes.

I'd have to really tighten up my controls, but I'd rather not get to the point where I either strap the stick to my lap or bolt it down on the table.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
TurtleSnatcher said:
Are you just fucking stupid? Or did you smoke cigarettes in your alcohol filled womb as a child. Dumbass that's the point. Flow chart shit blankas getting raped for doing that. Being shitty.

Dumbfuck troll

wut? Too sensitive or it's a joke post?

Dartastic

Relix said:
I've been having good wins with her, but she's too unreliable or something along those lines. Damn.

I'm winning most of my ranked battles with her; I've cracked the top 100 Makotos in NA. I was 64th, last time I checked. ....but then again, lots of people on ranked aren't that good. The second I get matched up with someone who knows what they're doing I'm in trouble. I'm still sticking with her; all she needs are a few smaaaaaaaaaaaall changes and she'll killlll! Besides, I kinda like the uphill battle, and my overall SF skillz have definitely improved from when I started playing her. I've had to play smarter. :D

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
TurtleSnatcher said:
Retards posting comments as if i'm looking to brag. Yeah that was my intent agst a shitty terrible Blanka? Lol.

Well I can agree all Blanka's deserve to be punished and killed and... etc.

LowParry

I love Marn. He needs to do more antics cause they're funny. And Team Spooky needs to do more streams (if they can). I need to start playing again here soon. Seeing all these Ibuki's leveling up makes me sad. Need to catch up. Dudley and Vega are still prime. :D

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Dartastic said:
I'm winning most of my ranked battles with her; I've cracked the top 100 Makotos in NA. I was 64th, last time I checked. ....but then again, lots of people on ranked aren't that good. The second I get matched up with someone who knows what they're doing I'm in trouble. I'm still sticking with her; all she needs are a few smaaaaaaaaaaaall changes and she'll killlll! Besides, I kinda like the uphill battle, and my overall SF skillz have definitely improved from when I started playing her. I've had to play smarter. :D

My QFC motions are better thanks to her. She demands such strict execution too =P. If only... ONLY... EX Hayate broke FAs and... er... Tsukikage (lol, that overhead punch =P) had more invincible frames she would definitely jump up as a good character.

Dartastic

Relix said:
My QFC motions are better thanks to her. She demands such strict execution too =P. If only... ONLY... EX Hayate broke FAs and... er... Tsukikage (lol, that overhead punch =P) had more invincible frames she would definitely jump up as a good character.

I've already posted some of what I think she needs, and EX Hayate NEEDS to break FA's. It's BS that it doesn't. Her armor breaking attack is pretty much useless due to the fact that it's so slow. I'm not so sure the overhead needs more invincible frames, but her grab should definitely not lose to normal grabs (it's a command grab! come on!) and the distance should be slightly longer for it as well. I'd like her to have 1000 health also, but after the utter raping I've given some people I'm not so sure it's necessary. I'd really like it, though.

AkumaHokoru said:
america's kuroda?

MIMIC

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:

Dumbfuck troll

@_@

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I'm having real trouble with the timing on Fei Long's combos; didn't use him in vanilla. How are you supposed to cancel a standing fierce punch into a short chicken wing? (I believe this is in one of his trials too.) Lot of his other cancels are funky too, to me.

Can't find a good combo video yet either that shows this.

GeekyDad

TurtleSnatcher said:

Dumbfuck troll

Wow...

They ought to put a warning label on the side of the packing for this game: "May Cause Rage."

Ahh good old buyers regret after less than two hours.
I am not designed for fighting games :lol now I know why I traded the last one in as I rage HARD when I get my ass handed to me, cant block for shit and I think im something like 2w-20l

Stupid streetfighter allways gos the same way :(

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Skisonic hyping up a "hungry hippos" match.
Yes Hungry Hippos money matches!

Hungry%20Hippos.jpg

zlatko said:
Anyone know the answer to that Cammy question I posed?

Also...wtf is Ryu's weakness? Seems like he hasn't got one to be honest. With Cody I have no real wake up options, T.Hawk has a hard time getting in, Dudley can't get in, Ibuki has low health and is execution heavy, Akuma has low health, and the list goes on and on that certain characters have weaknesses to keep them in check. I believe even Ken does in that his recovery time on certain things takes a bit and has a slower projectile than most.(Not 100% sure on the Ken info here)

So uuuh I can't think of one for Ryu. I get he's supposed to be well rounded and a jack of all trades, but he's really just a master of all trades and has easy combos and his super/ultra 1 link out of a LOT of stuff.

Not trying to start a waah waah topic, but I just find him confusing from a design aspect. I tend to beat 1/3 good ones as Cody, but I imagine the match up between them is like 8-2 for Ryu.

Seriously? You think Ryu-Cody is 8-2? Not even Ryu-Fei Long or Ryu-Makoto is 8-2. You know you've got focus attacks and option selects, right? Cody is one of the best new characters, let's be real now. Ryu's not a god. He's got a great fireball and a great reversal, and he's got above average setups and simple combos. That's it. Don't worry about tiers so much.

entremet

Johnlenham said:
Ahh good old buyers regret after less than two hours.
I am not designed for fighting games :lol now I know why I traded the last one in as I rage HARD when I get my ass handed to me, cant block for shit and I think im something like 2w-20l

Stupid streetfighter allways gos the same way :(
Dude, enjoy the journey. You forget that some people have been playing SFIV for hundreds of hours already, on top of the years of Street Fighter 2/3 incarnations. You've got to be realistic about your expectations.

I'm learning Hakan right now and I went from not being able to get a win at all, to getting a win every 10 ten matches or so. Baby steps....

Forget about PP, BP, W/L ratios.

corrosivefrost said:
Holy shit. Cammy meshes with my play style and I don't even know how to use her well yet. :D

I was playing around with Cammy in training mode. I don't know why I didn't play as her much in SF4, but she's a very fun character to use. Somewhat difficult as well because she is combo heavy and requires good execution. Two things I'm terrible at. Maybe it'll be a good character for me to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom