• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supercell (Clash Royale) made $2.24 billion in 2016, might debut new game this year

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They also make Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, and Hay Day.

The Star said:
"Despite tighter competition, this was the best year so far in financial terms. Clash Royale was a huge hit," Chief Executive Ilkka Paananen told reporters.

Supercell's earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, and amortisation rose to €917mil ($977 million) last year from €848mil ($904 million) in 2015. Revenue was broadly flat at €2.1bil ($2.24 bil).

Paananen said the company might test a new game in selected markets later this year, but there were no immediate plans to do so.

Founded in 2010, Supercell has just 213 employees but has become one of Finland's most profitable companies
Source: http://www.thestar.com.my/tech/tech...espite-pokemon-challenge/#5rHoJYiQLzSDAtX3.99

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
CR is such a good game. Can't believe I'm still playing daily after a year.

Is this a nine month period or a 12 month period?

Context is definitely important here. What's their fiscal year timeline like?

For comparison Square Enix expects to make $2.2 billion in their total fiscal year (12 month earnings) and Capcom has already earned more than $1 billion from pachinko/pachislot in nine months.

$2 billion is pretty damn insane for a company that JUST makes mobile games though. These other players spend lots of R&D costs and reinvest their operational income into expensive AAA games too.

Top Bottom