• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl and Flash Are Going to Have a Musical Crossover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Supergirl and Flash Are Going to Have a Musical Crossover

The news came from the CW’s TCA presentation, where executive producer Greg Berlanti announced a two-part musical coming late in the season. And that’s not all the excitement in store of DC’s CW-verse next year.
“Yes, there will be a musical crossover,”said Berlanti, via TV Line.“There’s going to be a musical pair of episodes in the back half of the year between Supergirl and The Flash.” He added that they’ll mostly be singing existing songs, but the writers have been kicking around trying to write “at least” one original tune for each episode.

The panel also revealed that the Chris Wood’s pod-person, from the Supergirl cliffhanger, is Mon-El—who isn’t actually a Kryptonian in the comics. Also on deck? Sharon Leal as Miss Martian. Honestly, despite the decreased Cat Grant screen time, the CW is pulling out all the stops to prove it’s the right home for Supergirl.

i always thought super girl looked really bad, specifically after getting texts from superman saying shes super cool.....now im even less interested.

Ill stick to comic book movies i think

Sesha

Musicals in non-musical TV shows aimed at young demographics, especially DC shows, feel like a formality at this point.

I feel like this will probably be pretty fantastic, and I feel like most comic book fans will be up in arms about it at the same time, because musicals have cooties or something.

Both Gustin and Benoist have Glee in their resumes, so I'm psyched for this. Gustin was good in that one Karaoke moment, too.

Tizoc

Will N. P. Harris play the Music Meister again?
lRV5iz8.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Music Meister coming at you, Flash. I'm excited for this. Both leads were on Glee and got some pipes on 'em. It would be stupid not to do a musical episode at some point. Just make sure Jesse L Martin sings too.

carlsojo

I'm excited for this, but if they get NPH for Music Meister I'm ALL FUCKING IN.

I think the Trickster would be great for those episodes too. He'd work really well with the Music Meister.

Zero315

Banned
With the amount of musical talent on The Flash and Melissa Benoist on Supergirl I couldn't be more excited for this.

marrec

Banned
Still put in my Once More With Feeling cd every so often.

Love me a good musical, love me The Flash, I'm indifferent toward Supergirl, so all in all I'm moderately excited about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom