• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supreme Court Will Hear Case on Mandatory Fees to Unions

kess

Democrats better figure this one out quick, because matter of fact stating "you have no power and we cannot represent you against global trends working against us" is going to splinter the left even more than it is now.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Democrats better figure this one out quick, because matter of fact stating "you have no power and we cannot represent you against global trends working against us" is going to splinter the left even more than it is now.

They could've said that at any point since Reagan and it would have been factual.

They've been totally worthless in fighting against this shit.

Maybe this needs to happen.

Maybe the people of the US need to see their wages diminish and working hours grow ridiculously before they wake up and realize how bad they're being screwed.

This will literally never happen. Remember, all Americans think of themselves as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.

Machine

This is a common right-wing talking point but it isn't actually true. The municipal workforce in municipalities is not large enough to have a meaningful electoral impact.

Please. It's not just about the number of people in the workforce, it's also about union dues being funneled into election campaigns. Police, fire, and other government employee unions contribute a disproportionate amount of money to political campaigns on the local level. I'm fully in favor of private-sector and trade unions but I have some issues with public-sector unions.

Top Bottom