• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Exclusive Seasons of Heaven dev's Don't Have Dev kits , Running on PC

Piers

Those YouTube comments insisting those graphics was/could be on Switch are going to be having Christmas crow.

A good rule of thumb would be to not trust any developer who says they're making a Switch game at the moment that doesn't already have a strong relationship with Nintendo from past games. It's not like Nintendo is giving out Switch devkits to any dev who asks at the moment.

platina

miyamotof9qc9.gif

EDarkness

A good rule of thumb would be to not trust any developer who says they're making a Switch game at the moment that doesn't already have a strong relationship with Nintendo from past games. It's not like Nintendo is giving out Switch devkits to any dev who asks at the moment.

Definitely. Though, I would like to have a NS dev kit to test my game on it. I guess we'll have to wait until next year. In the meantime, Wii U development continues!

Harlequin

Why would a Western indie developer want to be exclusive to a console with no user base and apparently no support from Nintendo? Frauds?

They're an obscure indie studio that wants publicity and claiming to have a Switch exclusive in the works at this point in time is going to get you publicity.

FoneBone

Why would a Western indie developer want to be exclusive to a console with no user base and apparently no support from Nintendo? Frauds?

Mostly that they think that announcing their game as a Switch exclusive will get them attention from the Nintendo fan media that they wouldn't be able to get as a PC or multiplatform game. The Sadness comparisons are apt.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Seeing people lap this up in the other threads just goes to show the Nintendo Hardware Unveil Cycle is just eternal.

LOL why the hell do devs do this. "Lets show a trailer for a game exclusive to this system that we don't even have a dev kit for or even know if our game will run or look as good as it does on pc...yea the people will love this!"
Very obviously for the clicks. I wonder if they even have a dev license from Nintendo.

SRTtoZ

Game looks terrible but probably extremely early. Looks like they are trying to have fans put heat on Nintendo to actually help them fund the game.

Gameblog strikes again. That site should be banned on GAF, they'd do anything for clicks and they are well-known for having questionable ethics.

Seeing people lap this up in the other threads just goes to show the Nintendo Hardware Unveil Cycle is just eternal.

What the hell are you talking about? We have known this was running on a development PC since the second we saw any footage...

Nobody believed this was running on Switch hardware or that they had a devkit. Some people thought they might have an SDK.

What other ethics missteps have they had in the past? Genuinely curious.

Aside from a long list of bullshits rumors (and a couple that turned out to be true) and the slow transformation of their site into a disgusting copy of TMZ, their EiC (at least he used to be I think) Julien Chièze is a very controversial figure in the French gaming press. So much so that other outlets try to distance themselves from him as much as possible:
http://www.lemonde.fr/actualite-med...dans-la-presse-videoludique_4595534_3236.html

No articles in english though, sorry. But let's just say that he is known for being a media whore and he's not afraid of taking paying jobs from companies like Square Enix and then proceding to cover them anyway on his website.

fireflame

They are blamed for doing a lot of clickbaits articles and having not always been honest(the way they praised and advertised Heavy Rain looked suspicious to many). Julien Chieze, their editor in chief, is also controversial because he is very "close" to Sony, once claimed the website had a 5/5 probity/objectivity, and tend to victimize themselves when they are criticized, though to be honest some people have been flaming them with an unhealthy aggressivity and very rude words.

I would say they do what a lot of websites do, but in a more blatant way, so that's why they take the hits. I do not really mind though,as my expectations from journalism are low in general(though the editor in chief in chief stated he was not a journalist but an entertainer.

Mostly that they think that announcing their game as a Switch exclusive will get them attention from the Nintendo fan media that they wouldn't be able to get as a PC or multiplatform game. The Sadness comparisons are apt.

Not even just Nintendo fan media; the likes of Game Informer and Kotaku covered it.

Parsnip

Huh. The way LKD seemingly made a big deal out of it being a Switch exclusive, but then these guys don't even have a devkit? That's a bit odd.

Indiscipline

Neo Member
Aside from a long list of bullshits rumors (and a couple that turned out to be true) and the slow transformation of their site into a disgusting copy of TMZ, their EiC (at least he used to be I think) Julien Chièze is a very controversial figure in the French gaming press. So much so that other outlets try to distance themselves from him as much as possible:
http://www.lemonde.fr/actualite-med...dans-la-presse-videoludique_4595534_3236.html

No articles in english though, sorry. But let's just say that he is known for being a media whore and he's not afraid of taking paying jobs from companies like Square Enix and then proceding to cover them anyway on his website.

Wow, so the whole French gaming media is corrupt, basically?

Wow, so the whole French gaming media is corrupt, basically?

Well, no, not really. There's some shady stuff like everywhere else but there are also plenty of quality gaming sites and publications. Gameblog started pretty well (they had a great podcast) but in the last few years as they grew in popularity they became extremely controversial. The site is popular but it is not representative of the French gaming media as a whole.

And I don't know if this has been mentioned here but the guy behind this game (Nico Augusto) used to work for Gameblog. So, yeah...

VariantX

Attention. They would get none on those platforms (PS4/XB1/PC)because they've been out and have built up extensive libraries over the years. Switch is a new platform, will have a relatively small library at launch and the best chance of getting attention. Saying "Switch exclusive" just heightens that even more during launch window.

Oregano

Attention. They would get none on those platforms (PS4/XB1/PC)because they've been out and have built up extensive libraries over the years. Switch is a new platform, will have a relatively small library at launch and the best chance of getting attention. Saying "Switch exclusive" just heightens that even more during launch window.

On a related note I hope everyone remembers how many kickstarters dropped their Wii U versions before they even consider funding a game because it promises a Switch port. Odds are it will never see release.

The PC is an underpowered hardware, clearly sucks ass, animations are trash and the framerate on the trailer was horrible.

Did I do this right? :p

Top Bottom